Time for Rossi to retire?

Brimma

I know he's had injuries, but seeing Vale as a Ducati development rider really isn’t a pretty sight, and not befitting of a man with his record

Discuss

Yeh bit of a sad sight to be honest and he is only harming his win/race ratio as he doesn't look like winning races any time soon. I'm sure he still has the skill/desire to win again though,if he had the bike to do it. You wonder why he went to Ducati as they weren't exactly setting Moto GP alight with their bike at the time and very few have ever seemed to be able to ride it well (Casey Stoner).

Was thinking the same of Schumacher the other week. Won something like 70 races in his 'first' F1 career so for example (don't know exact figures) 70/210 races. Now he will have done another 60 odd races over this 3 year stint, probably without a win so it would make his win/race ratio more nearer 1/4 instead of 1/3.

Rossi lost it the minute he broke his leg the other year. Like my friend said the other day, once that serious injury happened he was mentally done for. Physically he's fine, but I don't think he can get past such a big break.

The Ducati doesn't help matters as it's not good enough.

Time to pack it in and try rallying again!

• 3 weeks later...

Vale interview comment at Assen "I want to take one line in the corners, and the Ducati wants to take another line".

Which makes me wonder if Ducati should give up on the integral engine concept for race bikes?

Yes he was funny at Assen in that interview "I want to go one way, she want to go another ..... we go the way she want to go"

I'm sad to say that Ducati and Tino were a dream match but it doesn't look like it's going to work and yes ........ sadly it's time for him to retire :(

I don't think so personally, like has been said his last big break really seems to have knocked him for six, it takes longer to recover the older you get but I feel the real problem this time is mental recovery and lets face it he has nothing to prove.

• 1 month later...

So Rossi has signed a two year deal to go back to Yamaha, must say I'm a bit surprised at this move.

I was hoping that Crutchlow might have moved up to that bike, but it's possible that he will end up at Ducati.

Yamaha have signed a sponsorship deal with Werther's Original and wanted an appropriate brand ambassador.

Seriously, will be interesting to see if he can get the magic back or whether he really is past it.

• 5 weeks later...

I expected Rossie to make the switch to cars quite a while back. He fast in anything and I'm sure I've read that he really wanted to be a rally driver not a bike racer.

From memory he's done the RAC rally twice and crashed both times. This is just of the top of my head, so stand to be corrected.

Cal's made the right decision about not going to Ducati. It would have been another tail of a failed British rider and failing to tame the Ducati.

If we're talking about retiring, how about Nori Haga? I think it's about time for him to hang his leathers up. Not done anything special in BSB.

• 4 months later...

Rumours that megga wonga had something to do with it too. He's a bit like Tiger (professionally, not his personal life) in that he was once invincible, but he's no longer top dog and just like Tiger the numero uno is in the same camp Mcilroy/Lorrenzo - he'll ride better for sure on the yam, but he won't be able to reach the heights he did prior to moving to the red beast IMO. I hope I'm wrong 'cause he's a top bloke

• 1 month later...

Yep the doctor is back in the house :rock:

Shame for Crutchlow but considering he's still on last years spec of bike he did the best he could expect really.

Pedrosa wont be a happy chappy.

Brilliant ride, brilliant result, brilliant lap times, could have been up with Lorenzo if he'd been closer at the start

Thank heavens he ditched Ducati

• Like 4