CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

LOL Harry and I have discussed this idea quite a few times.

Not to mention Ben at Shark bought a rear 4x4 subframe to start the project some time ago. Alas time and money mean it is not on my current agenda so Harry can get a head start :giggle:

The way I see it the mk2 tfsi has lost so much value I might as well keep it as my project car and turn it in to a 4x4 vrs :rofl:

• Like 1

Nice. Doesn't seem that long ago that this started and with a few weeks it will be all but finished

Now that you say it, time has flown by! I look forward to some youtube action on this little shopping trolley! :dance:

• Like 1

can you switch this haldex to run 50/50 perm or running it as a standard blue haldex??

It's the blue controller without the lock Clive.

I know you know how it works, but due to it's ability I'm not sure a lock is needed as I'd only use it for 1/4 mile runs anyway.

This will do the job nicely and give the desired track manners.

For those that don't know, a bit of info... (I like stuff like this)

Upgraded performance Haldex controler for the VAG range.

The new controler retains all the safety features of the OEM unit, diagnostics and safety but with a change to the way the power delivered to the rear wheels. The Haldex Performance Controller is a total replacement of the mechanical and electronic controller that directly affects how the RWD portion of the AWD system works and how aggressively it reacts under acceleration, cornering and braking. This new product is a complete self contained unit that encloses both the Haldex ECU and the Haldex Valve Control Assembly. This new performance upgrade is a full aluminum assembly with the latest Haldex performance ECU software and features an upgraded Primary Valve controller.

The Primary Control Valve Assembly:

This upgrade increases torque transmission at acceleration providing consistent performance with increased over-steer. The torque-transmission is influenced by how fast you press the accelerator down. The Haldex system can transmit torque before the engine delivers torque. At greater speeds the torque will decrease enabling less over-steer and safer driving properties.

The advantages of this HPP upgrade are it’s ability to predict the onset of torque much like the PreX which is for their newer hardware but even more aggressively. This upgrade takes into account the TPS signal more so than the oem software and therefore can proactively begin applying power to the rwd clutch packs before wheel spin begins. As power is increased, more power lock occurs in the rwd unit until full lock is achieved. To summarize, the new HPP is more aggressive with how it transfers power and does so much more proactively than the oem system. This is ideal for autocross, road racing, and street driving as well as enhancements to poor weather driving.

Haldex Integration:

All OEM security systems are retained and work as originally designed. The ABS braking system or engagement of the ESP is not disturbed with the upgraded Haldex system. Economy at highway cruise conditions is retained by still enabling the transfer of primary power to the front wheels when cruising.

• Like 4

I have a feeling (despite how mad this is on paper) that this is going to be one well sorted car and perhaps not as bonkers to drive as you'd like. But it'll be seriously quick for that.

I could be totally wrong tho :D