Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

That car doesn't need a mechanic, it needs a priest......

Hope it gets sorted sharpish

Cheers mr awol. You think I need to get my car christaned? :giggle: I'm not sure it will fit in the church :)

Yeah you've got to love leckie faults. Sometimes they decide to work, simetimes not. At least with a mechanical fault it normally stays broken :(

one small teeny thing that does my head is

passenger seat belt - when not in use it bangs against the B pillar

anyone else?

Same here - could get annoying enough to look into how to tie it down or pad it. Also had the oven-temperature climate control problem once.

Noticed today that the driver's seat already starting to look crumpled - especially the rhs side squab. 6k miles & 15 stone driver clambering in and out.

Still love it though.

I wonder what the actual output of the engine is compared to the published 170bhp.

Coming from a 150bhp Polo I think the Octavia is significantly faster in 3rd and 4th acceleration - and this is surprising given the size and weight increase.

After a month in Its been interesting owning the Blackline. I was on a single track road yesterday, very twisty. This is the first time I have really tested the cars handling and dynamics. The car was not as assured as I thought it would be and nowhere near my Leon FR which was a truly fantastically balanced car.

Should i compair? Well both are on the same platform so hear are my thoughts

Leon gave more feedback to the wheel. BL was a tad twitchy, both grip well and in the correct gear and speed both avoid understear. When pushed the FR had great balance and Amos 50/50 so easy to control past the limit. BL not as assured on the limit.

The FR reminded me on my 205 1.9 GTI. It was to good. Now the BL is carrying more weight on the nose and is a much bigger car and I write this without picking a winner but more of my observation on he dynamics of the cars. In short they are VERY different on the road. The FR is by far the better regarding handling and dynamics the BL is a more relaxed drive and I love the thing to bits :-)

I've got both a Leon FR and a Blackline and in my opinion they are pretty equal. The FR had the 170 of engine which tends to give a little torque steer and the blackline is definitely a lot smoother. Handling wise pretty equal overall.

If I had to choose between the two then the BL wins every time.

I wonder what the actual output of the engine is compared to the published 170bhp.

Coming from a 150bhp Polo I think the Octavia is significantly faster in 3rd and 4th acceleration - and this is surprising given the size and weight increase.

A lot of people say that they come out of the factory with between 180 & 190bhp but it would be the torque that effects the car more in 3rd/4th of which the cr vRS has 350nm. :) Torque is the determining factor when it comes to acceleration. How much torque did the polo have?

I've got both a Leon FR and a Blackline and in my opinion they are pretty equal. The FR had the 170 of engine which tends to give a little torque steer and the blackline is definitely a lot smoother. Handling wise pretty equal overall.

If I had to choose between the two then the BL wins every time.

I think the package is important. I had the petrol FR, makes it a very different car, I also had the Diesel FRengine prior and it didn't have the same sharpness as the petrol. I agree that the BL is a more relaxed smother drive but its nowhere near the same dynamics as the petrol FR. Which begs the question. How close are the petrol FR and the petrol VRS?

Edited by MarkEll

After a month in Its been interesting owning the Blackline. I was on a single track road yesterday, very twisty. This is the first time I have really tested the cars handling and dynamics. The car was not as assured as I thought it would be and nowhere near my Leon FR which was a truly fantastically balanced car.

Should i compair? Well both are on the same platform so hear are my thoughts

Leon gave more feedback to the wheel. BL was a tad twitchy, both grip well and in the correct gear and speed both avoid understear. When pushed the FR had great balance and Amos 50/50 so easy to control past the limit. BL not as assured on the limit.

The FR reminded me on my 205 1.9 GTI. It was to good. Now the BL is carrying more weight on the nose and is a much bigger car and I write this without picking a winner but more of my observation on he dynamics of the cars. In short they are VERY different on the road. The FR is by far the better regarding handling and dynamics the BL is a more relaxed drive and I love the thing to bits :-)

I took a Leon FR for a test drive last April (with the PD engine) but I found that it was too harsh a ride (lets forget the dashboard that was made from the same plastic as the inside of a biscuit tin) but the seats were great. I settled on a BMW 120i with 18" runflat tyres which actually gave a more compliant and controlled ride that the Seat.

The BL however is far more refined. It is not an out & out point to point car - the BMW was brilliant on back roads etc, however as a quite fast, all round family car the BL is a very difficult package to beat.

• Like 1

I took a Leon FR for a test drive last April (with the PD engine) but I found that it was too harsh a ride (lets forget the dashboard that was made from the same plastic as the inside of a biscuit tin) but the seats were great. I settled on a BMW 120i with 18" runflat tyres which actually gave a more compliant and controlled ride that the Seat.

The BL however is far more refined. It is not an out & out point to point car - the BMW was brilliant on back roads etc, however as a quite fast, all round family car the BL is a very difficult package to beat.

. I agree on the overall package of the BL. And also that the FR was harsher on the ride but I think that's the point of that car, it's more focused and not a general all rounder which i think the BL is. I raised this whole point as I found the BL twitchy near the limit, enough for me to be nervous. Im not sure of the technical components differences between the 2 but I presume there are a few even though they share the same basic structure. Something is very different though. Don't get me wrong though I love the BL, I'm just curious as to why there is so much difference and I don't think it's related to much to weight or engine. Something in the rear is different

have any of you got the left wing mirror to move down when in reverse?

there was an option in VCDs for it but I cant get it to work

i guess the BL doesn't have this feature?

Ok, hi folks got a black dsg estate BL, sat at dealers with the option of black or silver wheels. Question is witch should I go for? Black make it look really mean, but not sure i want that long term!

Help please guys.....

Ok, hi folks got a black dsg estate BL, sat at dealers with the option of black or silver wheels. Question is witch should I go for? Black make it look really mean, but not sure i want that long term!

Help please guys.....

didnt realise they cam with an option for the wheels mate!

Black ftw :)

Silver was never an option, only black, white and blue. I presume they found some silver paint or had some silver vrs left over. So there won't be many.

Silver blackline IS an option that's why 9 built and 9 ordered.

I was offered a silver by garage in Guildford which they said would be ready by end of march. Reading dealer had blue in stock so decided to go for that as the blue is a bit more unique than silver I thought.

Yep - I have a silver manual estate on order - not really clear when it will be at the dealers - not expecting before third week in March at least. The dealer only mentioned availability of silver in passing - I jumped at it.

Picked mine up yesterday and couple of questions

1. mirrors dont appear to move for reversing even if set to on with maxidot

2 points of interest on the sat nav you always have to type in the kind of thing you are looking for ? if thats the case i assume by the symbols that it aready has set catergories for thing and does anybody know what that list is ?

Ps. Nice car !

regarding the mirrors i thought the maxidot setting was just to get both of them to move when you move the one on the Right. are you talking about getting them to automatically point done when reverse is selected?

regarding the mirrors i thought the maxidot setting was just to get both of them to move when you move the one on the Right. are you talking about getting them to automatically point done when reverse is selected?

Yeh you have to enable the this with vcds so an option appears in maxidot.

On some cars when you select reverse the left wing mirror points downwards

Doesn't seem to to work on the BL even though there's an option for it in vcds to enable .