Octy III Briskodian No 007, Race Blue, Golus, plus a few toys...

Puddle lights seem to be fitted to mine so must come as part of the folding set up, which as mentioned is standard on UK Eleg. Set up is also better than on the Superb, as you had to hold the lock button on key fob for 3 sec to fold, as Stokey says, you can set to fold automatically on the Octy.

thanks - wonder what the £100 mirrors option on the configurator means then?

Wow. That interior is the absolute business. I'm thinking that I might change my choice of interior from leather+fabric to leather+alcantara as it looks worth the extra 500 euros!

That Chrome trim too..bloody Skoda allowing Matt and another select few to tease us with it ! :giggle:

And as agreed!

beer_photo_draught_pint.jpg

Edited by foregonereality
  • Like 1

thanks - wonder what the £100 mirrors option on the configurator means then?

Its for memory function and auto dimming but only available with the £600 electric seat option! :nerd:

• Like 1

First round trip to work in Notts, mpg going to have to improve a bit if it's going to get any where near the published combined average of 68.9! Computer reading 57 in the morning but only 52 this evening. Even the Superb used to average 52 on my commute and officially that was only 48.7 combined so was hoping the Octy would top at least 60mpg. Will reserve full judgement until it's drank a few tanks of the devil's fuel, starting to think should have gone for the TSI :'(

• Like 1

Will reserve full judgement until it's drank a few tanks of the devil's fuel, starting to think should have gone for the TSI :'(

This is the mistake im really keen to avoid making. I like the drive of both of the units but feel its daily commute would kill the DPF on the diesel in no time at all. By the time Im putting an order in hopefully there will be more real world figures around and the 1.4tsi may have even become the 1.4tsi with cyclinder deact for even better economy. Only time will tell....

This is the mistake im really keen to avoid making. I like the drive of both of the units but feel its daily commute would kill the DPF on the diesel in no time at all. By the time Im putting an order in hopefully there will be more real world figures around and the 1.4tsi may have even become the 1.4tsi with cyclinder deact for even better economy. Only time will tell....

Tried the Eco mode this morning and it managed 58mpg with a clear 22m run on the motorway at a steady legal limit speed plus a mix of 6m country lanes and 8m across Nottm via the ring road. Stop start kicked in about 4 or 5 times at the lights. I still think it will improve, I would normally expect about 30% better economy than the equivalent power petrol and I think Stokey has averaged 47mpg on his first couple of tanks so I'm laying down the challenge of 61mpg!

I don't expect any DPF issues with my commute, never had a problem with the 170CR.

Even in Eco mode it still pulls well in all gears, didn't really notice any major compromise. Will see how it goes on the way home! I've also got a long trip up to Newcastle in a couple of weeks so that will also be a good benchmark against the Superb.

• Like 4

Absolutely no doubt it will get better as the engine beds in - tbh Id rather buy a diesel with 10,000 miles on the clock in terms of getting better economy from it but it will be interesting to see just how close (or not) the 1.4tsi is compared to the 2.0tdi once they both have some miles on the clock. :)

From my perspective it would be fantastic if you and Stokey entered your figures into Fuelly. *cough* hint, hint *cough* ;)

• Like 3

That is a bit disappointing - I'm definitely hoping fpr 60mpg driving steady (90% motoways)

No chance unless you drive at 56mph I'm afraid.

Most of my driving is motorways.

I have covered 1250 miles, at least 900 on the motorway or dual carriageway and the average economy since the start according to the onboard trip is 47.9mpg- I haven't calculated brim to brim but rarely get more than 500 miles between fills.

I do drive at a steady 75mph admittedly

I have the CR150 manual. DSG would be worse still.

I have covered 1250 miles, at least 900 on the motorway or dual carriageway and the average economy since the start according to the onboard trip is 47.9mpg- I haven't calculated brim to brim but rarely get more than 500 miles between fills.

I have the CR150 manual. DSG would be worse still.

That's disappointing - I used to get 49 mpg (actual) out of my 204 bhp BMW 123d I had a few years back. My commute is 40 miles each way of which 30 is dual carrriageway or motorway.

That's disappointing - I used to get 49 mpg (actual) out of my 204 bhp BMW 123d I had a few years back. My commute is 40 miles each way of which 30 is dual carrriageway or motorway.

Yes

My VRS used to give the same economy- that was tuned to 214bhp and had the DPF removed, and I used to get 600 miles out of a tank. And it didn't have stop/start

In my current 1.5dCi Qashqai+2 (heavier and slower) I get 48-50mpg without thrashing it. On ultimate 'driving on eggshells for a full tank mode' (60mph max - nearly killed me doing it) I got 56mpg, so really would expect to get 55-65mpg, but in anycase still think it will be as economical as the 1.6 if not more so

I settled the VAG finance today with cheaper funds borrowed on my mortgage. It cost me £9.48 for 6 days accrued interest since signing the finance papers, no cancellation fees for withdrawing within 14 days, had verbal confirmation that the deposit contribution and free servicing will be honoured, just waiting for an e-mail to confirm this, best £990.52 I've ever made in my life. :rofl: I was a bit annoyed that they kept me on hold for 50 mins though but at least it was in work time so I got paid more for doing it than the interest charge!! :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 4

I settled the VAG finance today with cheaper funds borrowed on my mortgage. It cost me £9.48 for 6 days accrued interest since signing the finance papers, no cancellation fees for withdrawing within 14 days, had verbal confirmation that the deposit contribution and free servicing will be honoured, just waiting for an e-mail to confirm this, best £990.52 I've ever made in my life. :rofl: I was a bit annoyed that they kept me on hold for 50 mins though but at least it was in work time so I got paid more for doing it than the interest charge!! :rofl: :rofl:

Save the email matey and if you don't receive the free servicing paperwork through the post ( which I didn't ) just email them back and they'll scan the free servicing paperwork and email it you!

• Like 1

Save the email matey and if you don't receive the free servicing paperwork through the post ( which I didn't ) just email them back and they'll scan the free servicing paperwork and email it you!

Had to chase the e-mail this morning but now received. They have also posted a copy of the service plan agreement to my home address. :thumbup: Thanks for the tip off and if anyone is sceptical about doing this, don't be as it appears money does occasionally grow on trees! :giggle:

• Like 1

Steering column had been vibrating at 1250 revs the last couple of days, seems to have fixed itself today! :whew:

Full round trip 57 mpg today in eco mode! Getting closer to that magic 60!

SWMBO still moaning that the car is not big enough, she wants the Superb back, but she's not even been arsed to sit in it yet! Just cos it's got the same name as her car, she seems to think it is just the same as hers! :wall:

• Like 2

Full round trip 57 mpg today in eco mode! Getting closer to that magic 60!

61.5 mpg this morning! Going to have to set a new target! :think:

• Like 3

Sounds increasingly encouraging - be intersting to calculate exactly what the consumption is as I'm usually a little bit suspicious of trip computer readouts

Yep, will do that when re-fuel for a comparison to the computer. The Superb used to be about 5% optimistic!

• Like 1

Are you on Fuelly? Would be good if we all were on it. I've got my Qashqai on at the moment but will put my 2.0CR on a soon as I get it.

I've just signed up, first fill up (apart from the one Hortons Paid for!) probably tomorrow! :$$$:

Edited by Matt Pez
  • Like 1

I've just signed up, first fill up (apart from the one Hortons Paid for!) probably tomorrow! :$$$:

One thing I'm p*ss*d off with Sparshatts, I spent £20k + on a new car and they won't put any fuel in it. Not even a tenner's worth. :@