Delivery times

Ordered mine last Saturday (09/11/2013) - green VRS TDI (Canton; Black Pack; Winter Pack; Sunset Glass; Colour Maxidot; std cruise) - been given prospective March delivery date.....  This is going to be a hard wait.

Edited by fiisch

This being my first New car ever purchased, is this usual or am i just unlucky?

I ordered the VRS DSG TSI estate 12 weeks ago (at the time the dealer informed me due to problems with hatches it was unlikely any hatches would be built before 2014 but i preferred the looks of the estate anyway) with only a few options (Black pack/var floor/amundsen). Since then ive added kessy/leather(grey)/canton and parking assist and still have no confirmed build date.  You read this thread and hear people that ordered cars after you and have been given build dates, some have even received cars, are you just at the mercy of Skoda lottery?

When ordering i was quoted 8-12 weeks, i was happy with this as my current car is old and would last this long before any major repairs needed.  I wouldnt mind if i was given some indication on build week but just being told nothing (dealer and skoda) is just fustrating me.  Is the wait worthwhile or should i just cancel and buy a 6m-1year old Audi for same price (or little cheaper)?

I ordered the VRS DSG TSI estate 12 weeks ago (at the time the dealer informed me due to problems with hatches it was unlikely any hatches would be built before 2014 but i preferred the looks of the estate anyway) with only a few options (Black pack/var floor/amundsen). Since then ive added kessy/leather(grey)/canton and parking assist and still have no confirmed build date.  You read this thread and hear people that ordered cars after you and have been given build dates, some have even received cars, are you just at the mercy of Skoda lottery?

When ordering i was quoted 8-12 weeks, i was happy with this as my current car is old and would last this long before any major repairs needed.  I wouldnt mind if i was given some indication on build week but just being told nothing (dealer and skoda) is just fustrating me.  Is the wait worthwhile or should i just cancel and buy a 6m-1year old Audi for same price (or little cheaper)?

If you have never owned a new car before, then it is definitely worth the wait.

It depends what car you buy - for build to order, there is inevitably a wait of a few weeks to a couple of months.  If you buy a car which the manufacturer has in stock, then it can be pretty quick, but who waits a plain-Jane Vanilla car?

vRS DSG TSi will be a spectacular combo - for similar money you might struggle to get same spec on an Audi which is less than 12 months old.  Be patient, it will be worth it!

I got my TSI DSG VRS estate with even more options in 10 weeks and 1 day from ordering. With current shortages (real or not) it brings the question of "who knows?"...

Edited by TudorM

For anyone wondering about status codes etc, i was sent this little document.

Nice graph there Neo :)

and ... 

DARN! I missed a couple of stages in what I called stage a) :p

oh yeah, and Dealer quota falls under those missed stages, not stage b! (status 10)

I feel people's pain here. I was so chuffed when I found out my car was on its way then found it to be completely different colour and specification. 5 minutes on the phone and turns out the lease company ballsed it up and it should have gone to Inverness to another customer entirely. I nabbed one of the generic batch of celebration cards we had in the office and sent the recipient a 'Congratulations' on receiving your new car and sorry you weren't the first one to see it message.

Needless to say we're looking at April now for delivery. Such is life :)

you should all think yourselves lucky

I ordered a golf gti on saturday..upto 25 weeks at the moment according to the dealer bulletin

though of course this might change

Edited by FTM

thankfully I am not in a lease car or anything..it just means I have had to plan ahead.  If I had gone back to an Octavia vRS I would have just placed the order next month instead as I was aware of long lead times on both marques.

Just been told by my lease company then my date has gone back by a couple of weeks (beginning to the end of Jan - after an initial promise of early Dec).  I expect it will go back again as they also told me the dealer is yet to receive a build date.

I'm also a first-time new car buyer.  and the wait is killing me!

White vRS 2.0D manual and no 'problem' options added.

Dealer phoned yesterday and told me my cars gone code 20 week 47 manufacture (Was originally 43).  I ordered it on 12th of August.  Yipeee!!!

Ouch ... 

Fingers crossed for a smooth delivery so you get your car this side of x-mas! :)

thankfully I am not in a lease car or anything..it just means I have had to plan ahead.  If I had gone back to an Octavia vRS I would have just placed the order next month instead as I was aware of long lead times on both marques.

What are you doing with your Cloverleaf?  I will be devastated to part with mine, but worried about selling, and the part ex price I will get if I hand to the dealer is poor (circa £7.5k for 11 plate with 30k miles).

HB Elegance 1.8 TSI 132kW with lots of extras.

Ordered week 36 (4. September), built week 44, arrived at dealer week 45 (6. November) - sat in the car 46 (12. November).

For some reason it got postponed from week 41 to week 44 - so I had a chance of getting it 3 weeks earlier.

What are you doing with your Cloverleaf?  I will be devastated to part with mine, but worried about selling, and the part ex price I will get if I hand to the dealer is poor (circa £7.5k for 11 plate with 30k miles).

part ex  fixed at 10k until I get my new car no matter how long it takes! mine only 19 months old at moment on a 12 plate..but I took early action as I knew how long the golf orders were taking

I went to a dealer group in the north east though that also has an alfa franchise (the one I bought the car from as it happens) as I figured they would be able to move the car internally rather than have a vw dealer with a car they didn't know what to do with.

I love the way my mito looks..I just never grew to love the engine and in the end it just never felt powerful enough after my octavias...but it was only ever a stop gap as when I changed there was no new mk3 vrs and no mk7 golf gti on the market. but they were imminent so just got something to tide me over 

in the end heart ruled head as the vrs is way more practical and cheaper..and I have had 3 of them!  but we have never had a golf gti and its something, that as a couple, we were surprised to find we actually really wanted one...  handily..I can afford it..I have no kids and commute is only 3 miles there and 3 miles back...my car is for me to enjoy on weekends in teesdale and weardale..and the wife says I am not quite old enough for a mid life crisis boxster yet

though it may well have cost me my ps4 for my birthday

Edited by FTM

I finally spoke to my dealer yesterday. Initially I sent an e-mail asking if there was an update (a reply to my previously unanswered e-mail last month) and he got back to me saying that it would be delivered end of Feb.

I decided that it was time to call time on the games they are playing so I sent back a snotty reply saying that I wasn't happy and I'd be reviewing my options with other brands over the weekend.

That prompted two missed calls from him (within minutes of sending the e-mail) - no real help given though, just that "They obviously want my business" - but no real answers, other than the car is likely in reality to be with me by the end of March.

I've also been in contact with Skoda UK (via a Facebook rant) and they've gone off to have a think and see what can be done.

I'm pretty close to cancelling now - I think I might try and get a deal with the Leon (the dealer also does Seat)

Ho hum.....

For notes my dealer said a nice info about the build week. If there is 2 weeks to build week, the car should be built in 2 weeks - it gets bounced very rarely after that time (some major problems etc). But up until that time the build week might jump around like a rabbit on caffeine. So anyone told to get build week in 3-4 weeks might get pushed back even further or anyone who is told to get build week in 15 weeks might get it sooner.