Controller 5F (Information Electrical)

10 - Adaptations

Select channel: (63) vehicle function list BAP traffic_sign_recognition_0x21

Adjust Value to activated

What I should have according to the image on page 1 is 

http://pixienet.myzen.co.uk/skoda/ch63.png

However I have

http://pixienet.myzen.co.uk/skoda/VCDS.jpg

This was the closest thing that looked like CH63 description however there were no options to change.

My logs are here

My Car was built late November 2016 and is an Octiavia 1.4 SE L with add-ons.

Can someone please advise.

Thanks,

John

Log.txt

Edited by weehappypixie

2 minutes ago, WayTooTall said:

I would put BAP into the search box then look at the filtered list of adaptations. Makes it easier to find the right one.

Hi,

I did as per my screen shot above and that was the only one that came up but no adaptations were available. Have Skoda changed everything as the list was massive without the filter and nothing looks like the original image.

John

59 minutes ago, weehappypixie said:

I did as per my screen shot above and that was the only one that came up but no adaptations were available. Have Skoda changed everything as the list was massive without the filter and nothing looks like the original image.

Ross-Tech changed the naming convention of adaptation channels a few releases ago, so guides written before the change will need to be interpreted rather than treated as "gospel".

This has been commented on in the Ross-Tech Forum with some feeling...

Edited by PetrolDave

Not sure if this will help but this is part of the coding log when I did this a good while back, yse this names have changed a bit from the original instructions

Address 5F,3V0 035 020 A,channel ENG122229-ENG117754-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-traffic_sign_recognition_0x21,adapted from,not activated ,to,activated ,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 5F,3V0 035 020 A,channel ENG122227-ENG117636-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_road_sign_identification,adapted from,not activated ,to,activated ,

Address A5,5Q0 980 653 G,recoded (Long Coding),from,0100010001030308000400000100010100,to,0101010001030308000400000100010100,(73430/790/00000),

Address 17,5E0 920 911 B,recoded (Long Coding),from,27A402086D90A600018B7A031000000000000000,to,27A402086D94A600018B7A031000000000000000,(73430/031/12345),

Address A5,5Q0 980 653 G,channel IDE04736-Display end of speed limit symbol,adapted from,not activated ,to,activated ,

John

1 hour ago, jjc said:

Not sure if this will help but this is part of the coding log when I did this a good while back, yse this names have changed a bit from the original instructions

Address 5F,3V0 035 020 A,channel ENG122229-ENG117754-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-traffic_sign_recognition_0x21,adapted from,not activated ,to,activated ,

Address 5F,3V0 035 020 A,channel ENG122227-ENG117636-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_road_sign_identification,adapted from,not activated ,to,activated ,

Address A5,5Q0 980 653 G,recoded (Long Coding),from,0100010001030308000400000100010100,to,0101010001030308000400000100010100,(73430/790/00000),

Address 17,5E0 920 911 B,recoded (Long Coding),from,27A402086D90A600018B7A031000000000000000,to,27A402086D94A600018B7A031000000000000000,(73430/031/12345),

Address A5,5Q0 980 653 G,channel IDE04736-Display end of speed limit symbol,adapted from,not activated ,to,activated ,

John

Many thanks JJC,

You were spot on. With the exception that that the security code threw up an error and wasn't accepted so I just closed the controller and reopened it and it worked OK.

One question if I may. Reading other posts in here, I'm recommended to set it to fusion mode. How do I do this.

Thanks,

John

12 hours ago, johnrowley said:

do you get the functionality restricted messages?

Hi,

Not had any messages... Yet ;). All I have done is the changes John gave above with ref to the original post. Is their anything I need to check to ensure that it's using both the GPS and camera with camera taking precedence.

I just want to say by the way that the help from everyone on this forum has been fantastic. Thanks everyone :thumbup::clapping:

John

2 hours ago, weehappypixie said:

Hi,

Not had any messages... Yet ;). All I have done is the changes John gave above with ref to the original post. Is their anything I need to check to ensure that it's using both the GPS and camera with camera taking precedence.

I just want to say by the way that the help from everyone on this forum has been fantastic. Thanks everyone :thumbup::clapping:

John

Thanks for that - I've just noticed you must have the posh new mib2 unit , I'm a little older on the mib1 

have fun - if you need any help I'm in Helmsley 

Hi,

I get no error messages but do have a Columbus so have the nav info, not sure I have the fusion option enabled, does anyone have the adaption info please :biggrin:

John

5 hours ago, jjc said:

Hi,

I get no error messages but do have a Columbus so have the nav info, not sure I have the fusion option enabled, does anyone have the adaption info please :biggrin:

John

Fusion has been the default on every car I have seen

• 4 weeks later...

I've managed to enable this on my MY16 Scout as per the instructions in the 1st post - thank you. The one thing I've noticed is it's not displaying the end of speed limit symbol (white circle with black diagonal line). Instead it displays a 70mph symbol. This happens on dual carriageways and motorways. The other speed limit values seem to be ok. Any ideas please?

38 minutes ago, Scout66 said:

I've managed to enable this on my MY16 Scout as per the instructions in the 1st post - thank you. The one thing I've noticed is it's not displaying the end of speed limit symbol (white circle with black diagonal line). Instead it displays a 70mph symbol. This happens on dual carriageways and motorways. The other speed limit values seem to be ok. Any ideas please?

Mines the same, shows the maximum speed for the road. Perfectly normal

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

14 hours ago, Scout66 said:

It's not displaying the end of speed limit symbol (white circle with black diagonal line). Instead it displays a 70mph symbol.

The white circle with diagonal line doesn't mean end of speed limit, it means National speed limit.

Since that can be 60 or 70 for cars and LCVs, depending on the type of road, the system makes a "reasonable guess" that the limit will be no higher than 70. OK you can argue that's wrong on every single carriageway, but if the system has been designed to show only a number (which would be my guess) then that's the best it can do.

Edited by SWBoy