December orders club! pull up a chair, we could be here a while

Could that be an order that was cancelled to late to stop it being built and the dealer jumped on it for you, if not that is remarkable luck and please PM me 6 numbers between 1 and 49....

• Like 1

Ordered on 9th December

VRS Estate TDi Manual

Race Blue

Cruise Control

Spare Wheel

Variable boot floor

Winter Pack

Sunset Glass

Was told by my dealer to expect April maybe May for delivery haven't been officially told a build week yet

Had an email from dealer today saying that they still don't have a build date for my order.....

Birchwood Skoda, Eastbourne been great all the way... must have been the luck of the draw I guess as I was told it could be April/March due to the level of orders. I'm booked in this Saturday to go through some paperwork so I'll know for sure it is in and they're not pulling my plonker!

Its ridiculous ... Skoda should at least let dealers know what is happening so they can inform the customers.

Sure, no one would be happy to be told you have to now wait 7 months from your order date to arrival, but at least you would have information to work on. I dread to think how many sales they have lost as people don't like being treated like mushrooms !

Evening all,

Just joined the forum tonight as i've been meaning to for a while. I've been reading peoples experiences on the current waiting times for the VRS, and i thought i'd put my thoughts in..

I placed an order for a Corrida Red VRS TDI estate back in the first week of October with the lease firm that my company uses, with a view to taking delivery at the beginning of March as the lease on my current vehicle ends then.

Here i am 5 months on from when the order was placed, and it seems i am no closer to knowing when i will take delivery now than i was on the day i ordered! I have no build week, and the dealer is telling me that Skoda UK have an estimated delivery time of May for it! So by my estimation by the time the car (potentially) turns up, i will have been waiting nearly 8 months, utter madness!!

I have been tempted to cancel and order something else but i have been advised to sit it out, as apparently it could be brought forward so i am playing the waiting game. Surely this must be one of the longest waiting times for a VRS on this forum? If anyone has been waiting longer i'd be interested to hear..

I've read of one or 2 people with 11 month waits.

That is not good!

What i don't understand is that there is seemingly no prioritising system in place either.

I've read posts on here of people that have ordered in Nov/Dec, and have confirmed build weeks/delivery dates, and some cases taken delivery.

It don't make sense when your like me and trying to get your head round how this arse backwards Skoda ordering process works!

In Sweden we have a saying: Can't wait too long when you wait for something good. Have to keep that in mind for some months now...  :happy:

Makes sense, but In the UK, there is also the saying " A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush" !

I can't really understand the system either..mine was ordered beginning of November, arrived at the dealers yesterday and I am collecting next week. It's pretty much fully specced including pano roof which I was told was one of the options that delayed things. No ACC though.

Unless the dealer didn't tell me, it wasn't a cancelled order or one that was in the system already. 4 months from order to delivery.

That is not good!

What i don't understand is that there is seemingly no prioritising system in place either.

I've read posts on here of people that have ordered in Nov/Dec, and have confirmed build weeks/delivery dates, and some cases taken delivery.

It don't make sense when your like me and trying to get your head round how this arse backwards Skoda ordering process works!

Snap Sir, red tdi for me too, also ordered early October and also absolutely no idea when I might get it. Maybe they ran out of red paint. I did tell the dealer that if any certain option or the colour was causing the holdup then I would change it but they said this would make no difference.  It's totally unacceptable from Skoda that they give no explanation. I wish I'd cancelled, and a friend of mine already has.  They are losing orders but they don't seem to care.  I don't buy it that they've been flooded with orders either, because I STILL haven't seen one on the road yet at all! I'm starting to doubt their existence altogether. 

Snap Sir, red tdi for me too, also ordered early October and also absolutely no idea when I might get it. Maybe they ran out of red paint. I did tell the dealer that if any certain option or the colour was causing the holdup then I would change it but they said this would make no difference.  It's totally unacceptable from Skoda that they give no explanation. I wish I'd cancelled, and a friend of mine already has.  They are losing orders but they don't seem to care.  I don't buy it that they've been flooded with orders either, because I STILL haven't seen one on the road yet at all! I'm starting to doubt their existence altogether. 

Glad to see i'm not the only one! It must be a paint shortage like you say.

It's pretty poor customer service, and the fact they cant give you a legitimate reason what the hold up is makes it even more annoying!

I'm tempted to cancel too, but i can't help but think it will be worth the wait when it finally arrives! I've even gone and bought a set of the Xtreme's to go on it thinking i'd be getting it in the next week or too,

Makes sense, but In the UK, there is also the saying " A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush" !

I have to add that, personally, with the differences between the various vehicles in the space the VRS occupies so small now, the concept of an 8 month wait seems beyond odd, it's a family hatch (albeit a very good one), not a hand built super car.

After being given a BW of 20 I chased the dealers (again!!!!) and it's now not registering on the system.

It wouldn't be so bad if I could be given a firm date and I'm amazed this situation has been allowed to go on for so long now.

I've never had so much hassle trying to buy a car and will be going out to look at other options at the weekend.

After being given a BW of 20 I chased the dealers (again!!!!) and it's now not registering on the system.It wouldn't be so bad if I could be given a firm date and I'm amazed this situation has been allowed to go on for so long now.I've never had so much hassle trying to buy a car and will be going out to look at other options at the weekend.

You've summed it up perfectly, 'trying to buy a car.' I'm trying to give a company £25,000 and they don't want to take it...

I'm sure there would be others that would scramble to take the cash off us!

Probably all of them....I doubt any other mainline manufacturer is quoting 6 month wait times, err or actually not quoting wait times at all as they don't know, someone somewhere needs to be updating there CV and seeking alternate employment before the P45 arrives!

No-one is asking them to build them in 3 weeks just effectively manage expectation.....

Edited by tuonopepper
  • Like 1

My dec 24th order has no build week allocated on the system and my dealer can offer no explanation other than the system warns him of a "worldwide parts shortage" whenever he places a vRS order.

He's promised to dig deeper for me if nothing has changed after next weeks update.

I would begin to consider alternatives but I dont think there is a credible one. My PCP is £270 a month after a £500 deposit, nothing else seems to offer the combo of spec/size for that same money.

Fewie,

The Mazda 6 has some good PCP deals and looks pretty nice.

flexible deposit from 0%, 0% PCP up to 42 months and 1k knocked off by Mazda as a deposit contribution. Rear seat room looks similar, boot not Octy size but not small ....

If you were looking at a Diesel vRS, performance is similar with the 175 ps 2.2 diesel.

If you were getting Petrol vRS ... then yes not much with octy size and similar power for that money I have found !

I started by looking at a petrol vRS but ordered a diesel due to the better residuals and £30 tax.

The Mazda just doesn't do it for me. The Leon looks well and if they did a "Cupra D" or something of the ilk I'd be interested, the FR is nice but not as nice as the Cupra.

I've deliberated for nearly two years before picking a MK3 vRS as my next car. It ticks all the boxes. If I had to compromise on something I'd rather go back to my RenaultSport roots with a Megane 265 and just deal with the hassle of 3 doors.

So the latest word from SUK having just got off the phone is that they are not bothering with provisional build dates on the VRS but are sticking to 20 ish weeks from order acceptance.

"Don't expect to hear anything until close to that time" 

Who knows what is going on.  My dealer is as frustrated as the rest of us at the lack of information. 

I know there are alternatives but for me the VRS is the best of the bunch.

Which is not helping really, just a fob off IMO.

So they are saying, we don't have a clue when things are being built ... one would think the nature of the business means they would know what they are building and when at least 2 months in advance.

20 ish weeks .... right so that could be 29 , which frankly is ludicrous for a mainstream company :devil:

Hi all, having read all the info on here I decided to check in with my dealer re my VRS tdi hatch which was ordered 24/12/13.

They say I had bw 21 then went to 17 and now it has disappeared from the system, that's not good says I to which they said " it should probably be here by June but we just don't know what's going on over there". To say I'm not confident in the system is an understatement ! Just hope it's worth the wait