December orders club! pull up a chair, we could be here a while

It really seems to be a lottery and its totally unacceptable tbh.

Long lead times due to popularity are one thing (but then again they know the vRS is very popular in the UK so should have planned for it).

What has got me, and several others, is no hard facts of when to expect your car. Add to that some people with later orders having been given build week before others that ordered earlier. 

IMO a big mistake, but I doubt they will learn or care.

I got lucky by compromising a bit, not everyone can or would.

Who knows, maybe VAG is the root cause, preferring to supply their "premium" brands first ??

When I ordered mine on 31/12 they said expect delivery in May, a few weeks later they gave me prov bw15, so that would be delivery mid may. Iv now had confirmed bw14 for delivery early May.

What I don't understand is that the dealer seemed confident from the outset as to when I was having my car, so how come some dealers have no idea?

When I ordered mine on 31/12 they said expect delivery in May, a few weeks later they gave me prov bw15, so that would be delivery mid may. Iv now had confirmed bw14 for delivery early May.

What I don't understand is that the dealer seemed confident from the outset as to when I was having my car, so how come some dealers have no idea?

Mine had no idea and now over 3months later still has no idea.

Update: ordered with dealer on Christmas eve, dealer placed order with Skoda on the 30/12. Still no provisional build week.

I'm beginning to lose my patience...

Oh and the dealer doesn't think he can lend me their demo for a few hours (wanted to check space on the drive, children's car seats etc) but he can accompany me on a short test drive again! How generous...

Edited by fewie

So I have cancelled my December Meteor Grey order as the best guess for it was maybe July.

Now the Plan B  Rallye Green beast is sitting on a german dock side before heading this way.  Now getting excited!

So I have cancelled my December Meteor Grey order as the best guess for it was maybe July.

Now the Plan B Rallye Green beast is sitting on a german dock side before heading this way. Now getting excited!

I actually think green is the best colour even though my order was blue....

Just checked out the marine map thingamy and there's a ship heading from Emden to Sheerness, vessel EMDEN, departed yesterday at 23:47 and is due to arrive tonight at 19:00. I believe EMDEN is a VAG group vehicles carrier, at least the photo on the marine website has V.A.G transport printed on the side. There is also another heading from Emden to Grimsby, vessel SCHELDE HIGHWAY, departed at 16:25, due to arrive tomorrow at 19:30.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/355051000

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/details/ships/355444000/vessel:SCHELDE_HIGHWAY

Ordered on 9th December

VRS Estate TDi Manual

Race Blue

Cruise Control

Spare Wheel

Variable boot floor

Winter Pack

Sunset Glass

Was told by my dealer to expect April maybe May for delivery haven't been officially told a build week yet

Emailed dealer again still no build week say they still expect May but at the rate we're going it will be a 64!

Just checked out the marine map thingamy and there's a ship heading from Emden to Sheerness, vessel EMDEN, departed yesterday at 23:47 and is due to arrive tonight at 19:00. I believe EMDEN is a VAG group vehicles carrier, at least the photo on the marine website has V.A.G transport printed on the side. There is also another heading from Emden to Grimsby, vessel SCHELDE HIGHWAY, departed at 16:25, due to arrive tomorrow at 19:30.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/355051000

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/details/ships/355444000/vessel:SCHELDE_HIGHWAY

And it looks like vessel ISAR HIGHWAY is due in to Grimsby tonight at 19:00.

• Like 1

My car is now at the dealers. Got the lovely phone call this afternoon. Dealer has told me I will be picking it up Friday morning :)

Happy Days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by waiting

Ordered my Black estate Vrs 17th of december and got a "probably" buildweek 16.

Black estate

-Park assist (wife will drive it and she do suck at parking)

-Kessy keyless entry

-Sunset toning

-19" Extreme rims

-Black trim

-Columbus nav

-Electric trunkdoor

Don't know if any of those extras makes it go up in BW, sure hope not

Im getting my VRS on a personal lease, was originally quoted provisional build week 21 after the car was ordered mid december... Called them yesterday afternoon to see how things were moving and the build week had been removed, nothing on the system. 

Left it with them and they've found a cancelled order for pretty much the same car (VRS Estate, White, Black Pack, Cruise), confirmed build week 16, so hopefully should be delivered the start of May. 

Not much help to anyone who ordered in December though! sorry.

Got a call from SUK today (they've been calling me every 2 weeks with order status)

Confirmed BW 15 which is next week.

Ordered 10th December.

vRS Estate TSI DSG - Candy White

-Anthracite wheels

-Black pack

-Canton sound 

-Cruise control

-Columbus

-Heated seats

-Heated washers

-Park assist

-high beam control

-Kessy

-Sunset glass

-Spare wheel

Hopefully everyone in december will get similar news to myself and get a BW soon.

Hi,

Ordered 27th December.

Hatch TSI

Meteor Grey/red inserts

Black Pack

Kessy

Sat nav

Bluetooth plus

Heated front seats

Heated washer nozzles

Cruise control

Colour maxi dot

space saver.

Dealer phoned on the 7th Jan to say my order had been accepted and a build date of week 17 has been allocated. :wonder:

Andy.

Well after a month at week 19 the car moved back to the original week 17 and today was informed its locked down at week 16  :happy: . Dealer informed me today waiting times currently 19/20 weeks for a hatch and 25/26 for a estate!!! He has one customer who ordered in Feb with no allocated build week.  He said I had ordered at the right time with the waiting lists going up and the 0% offer. :rofl:

I spent two hours with my Dealers vrs TDI demo yesterday. Checking things like phone comparability, space on my drive, kids cars seats etc.

It really is a terrific all round car and while I'm cheesed off that after 14 weeks I don't even have a provisional build date I'm gonna stick the wait no matter how long it takes.

December looks like it may have been the sweet spot it terms of lead times and finance deals so maybe we should all consider ourselves lucky!

I have a UK driving holiday for which the Octavia is required at the end of July, as long as its here for then I'll forgive the wait knowing it'll be worth it.

I ordered mine on 14th December and mine was built this week (BW14), so hoping to take delivery before the end of the month, as do not want to tax or MOT mine as that all runs out at the end of this month!

Mine is as follows:

TDi manual estate in white

Black Pack

Winter Pack

Reversable Boot Mat

19" Xtreme Wheels

Sunset Glass

Columbus

Bluetooth Plus

Park Assist.

Cannot wait to get it!