New Golf R

alex_e3

I'm struggling to see another "R" hatch down my way.

Think I've seen one maybe two since mid July when I started properly looking. The R is so easy to get muddled with other golf's from the front, until I spot lights in the intake bits and then know its not an R.

Never got behind a single R as that is the easy spot ;)

I've got no chance seeing an estate R going by my statistics :)

I really like the fact my car slips under the radar and barley gets a second look, never get challenged at the lights anymore either.

Sorry Goneoffskion...just had to Google Q car to find out what it meant...silly old me ;)

Edited by Defenderben
  • Like 1

Ben,

I'm lucky if I see one or two R in a month around here.

Only one in met black is another local owned one as far as I can tell.

Not like BossFox who presumably sees the same 3 each day.

No R Estates yet, only when I visit my Partner's B in Law   in Derbyshire at the end of the month - bit of hatch and estate country road fun coming up then.

• Like 1

There are about 4 different R's where I am, loads of GTD's......................& only a couple of GTI's................

Standard format for cars up here, 4WD for ultimate winter grip, or diesel for economy................not too many FWD petrol's ...............

I like being the odd one out................ :notme:

• Like 1

I see GTD's everywhere and there are about 3 or 4 GTI's I see at similar places on my travels but no R's.

Must say the red GTI, I see looks nice in that colour. I've always avoided red (base red) cars as they always used to fade.

Told a porky; within days of getting my R, I parked next to Kevin Murray's fully loaded Golf R on the Murray group Skoda car park, whilst sorting out swmbo,s warranty issue on her Citigo.

Edited by Defenderben

I just love having Morning Coffee and watching Thomas, my favourite car reviewer.

Agree he is great to listen too.

That's the same as the B in Laws ,except he has Cadiz 18" but he has the Pano roof, like that idea as an option on the Estate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtac2tnzT3o

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201509247200851?price-to=40000&price-from=30000&sort=default&body-type=estate&model=golf&page=1&radius=1500&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&make=volkswagen&postcode=sn119rn&search-target=usedcars&logcode=p

This dealer had two available, appears to have sold the lower spec'd one in white.

Wouldn't play ball with me, when I was tentatively attempting to negotiate a deal over the internet for the Red one above.

Edited by vrskeith

I've just had an email offering a golf r, 5k miles per year, 2.5k deposit on a 23 month for £189.99 a month.

Who was the quote from and did they have offers on higher mileage limits??

Here is the answer for any Golf R owners to save them spending out on changing to a Golf R420.

http://pistonheads.com/news/ph-driven/vw-golf-r-revo-technik/33029

Would be good to feel how it handles and stops with that uplift in power and torque. Feel also the delivery of power.

Warranty????!!! For the extra £12k outlay

Check it out against Oettinger package or HPC.

A stage 1 would do me for starters but no way would I take a chance on my warranty :(

The trouble with the oettinger is it detracts from its sleeper looks so much its screaming at you, I would prefer to keep it as standard looking as possible but have supercar power :)

• Like 1

Warranties and Volkswagen is an odd thing with Engine Management Re-maps.

Apparently if you are Volkswagen you can put any map you like on, and then change it at will.

not expensive either.

$65 Billion or so gets you 11 Million done.  Takes over 5 months to get booked in though,

and no guarantee of the outcome.

• Like 2

Here is the answer for any Golf R owners to save them spending out on changing to a Golf R420.

http://pistonheads.com/news/ph-driven/vw-golf-r-revo-technik/33029

Same old same old.

How long before someone tops 600bhp out of it? Remember the 1.8T & some of the stupid high numbers some people got!

I'd like to know how the drive train holds up over time to that increase in power, as usually people with such increase usually have problems with gearbox's, bearings etc.

Also they haven't listed any upgrades for the suspension bushes, Super-pro do a full kit which is where I would start if doing such an upgrade..............

• Like 1

Just found out mines gonna be here mid November. Wasn't expecting it till March, only ordered mid August! Just need to sell the Octavia now...

Bloody hell Sam,that was quick.

Bloody hell Sam,that was quick.

Yes. Quite unexpected. Even has prets which I'm sure would have given it the 6-8 month delay. But hey ho. If it does come on time I'll take it. If it lands in Dec then I'll wait and register it in Jan. We shall see what happens.

I've ordered it through a mate. He ordered himself a similar spec one back in Feb and that's only arriving next week!!

• Like 1

Sounds like I was lucky to walk in a dealers and walk out 3 days later with a virtually new one (280 miles).

They seem to be still asking silly money on second hand atm.

Enjoy the new car and what is "PRETS" by the way?

Name VW have given to the 19" Alloys. Edited by vrskeith

I was just about to pull the trigger on a fully specced R this week until my neighbour came home yesterday with a brand new RS6  :'(

My neighbour the other side has a RS5 so I don't think a R will cut it now!!

• Like 2

I was just about to pull the trigger on a fully specced R this week until my neighbour came home yesterday with a brand new RS6 :'(

WTF,hardly in the same bugget territory or thought process when buying. Horses for courses! Sounds like a Python sketch. "I look up to them"

Normally most people buy a car that meets their needs and likes,bugger anyone else imo!

Edited by vrskeith

It was a joke, jeeze.

I have a skoda and a hyundai on the drive. Do you think I really care.

Why is everyone so serious on this thread.

jrw

At least you didn't mention the RS3!lol

I was just about to pull the trigger on a fully specced R this week until my neighbour came home yesterday with a brand new RS6  :'(

I like your neighbours must be an interesting sounding morning when they leave for work!