I didn't know it could do that!

I do lots of motorway miles and, consequently, encounter traffic. Rather than use the break or fiddle with the sliding switch, I would rather be able to drop a gear and use engine braking to slow down.

The first time I tried this, the car surged forward as it accelerated.

Hmmm, well OK. I agree that flashing your brake lights in order to disengage CC (and then coast onward) is bad style.

I found immediately, even on my first test drive, that the springy switch is always at my fingertips and I use it almost every time. And then you can drop down gears for more engine brake.

Personally, I would be very unhappy if the clutch dropped cruise control. I find the Octy's system and button layout absolutely spot on.

Hmmm, well OK. I agree that flashing your brake lights in order to disengage CC (and then coast onward) is bad style.

Eco mode disengages "coasting" and re-engages the gearbox/engine as soon as you touch the brake hence, this method of disengaging CC will not allow "coasting"

I like the voice control :love: . Press the button, say "radio" and it tries to phone someone. Great!! :giggle:

Ask Skoda for a Welsh accent update? :)

• Like 1

I like the voice control :love: . Press the button, say "radio" and it tries to phone someone. Great!! :giggle:

Maybe they bought the voice control system from these guys....

• Like 2

Press and hold  the unlock button on the key fob and all windows and my sunroof opens.

Press and hold close and all close

Handy on returning to a car parked in the sun all day. :sun:

Not that we will need that function in the UK  :rain:

• Like 3

Press and hold  the unlock button on the key fob and all windows and my sunroof opens.

Press and hold close and all close

Handy on returning to a car parked in the sun all day. :sun:

Not that we will need that function in the UK  :rain:

I had to get the dealer to disable that on my MK2 Octy .... I have my keys in my pocket all the time, and as the driveway runs next to the house, sometimes the button gets "pressed" ... once I went out to find some wet seats as it had been p**ing down and the remote button had gotten pressed :notme:

Thankfully you can now disable that on the infotainment screen  :happy:

My element of surprise on the O3 was playing albums ripped from CD on PC to SD card, seeing the album artwork on the screen :rock:

I had to get the dealer to disable that on my MK2 Octy .... I have my keys in my pocket all the time, and as the driveway runs next to the house, sometimes the button gets "pressed" ... once I went out to find some wet seats as it had been p**ing down and the remote button had gotten pressed :notme:

Thankfully you can now disable that on the infotainment screen  :happy:

My element of surprise on the O3 was playing albums ripped from CD on PC to SD card, seeing the album artwork on the screen :rock:

Thing is if yours could auto up/down the windows from the fob it should have had auto windows close when it rains too. You just have to select that too. Mk II was in MFD settings, new one is in infotainment.

I'm sure rain closing is possible buy needs coding in VCDS.

Oh okay, its standard over here.

Found that the interior door handles have lights behind them too tonight.

Third day of owning the car and suprise its raining :rain:

Put her in reverse and rear wiper came on automatically :)

I turned that feature off. I've had it on cars in the past and it'll give you rage when the rear wiper wipes but the window is dry. Like when you've just washed the front windows before reversing.

• Like 1

I discovered recently on two occasions that when the car has been driven and has stopped, you cannot open the boot door from the outside unless the driver's door has been opened first. I wasn't aware of this as none of my previous cars have worked like that and it isn't mentioned anywhere in the manual.

So for example, if you're dropping someone off, he gets out and wants to grab something from the back, the boot won't open unless you open the front door first.

Or another time, I wanted to load something to the boot, had my SO pull out from the parking spot and was unable to open the boot after that.

I can understand the rationale - e.g. stops people from nicking stuff from the boot while you're stopped at a traffic light (like that ever happens) - just that it caught me by surprise.

(This is not dependant on the safety locking or automatic locking features.)

I discovered recently on two occasions that when the car has been driven and has stopped, you cannot open the boot door from the outside unless the driver's door has been opened first. I wasn't aware of this as none of my previous cars have worked like that and it isn't mentioned anywhere in the manual.

So for example, if you're dropping someone off, he gets out and wants to grab something from the back, the boot won't open unless you open the front door first.

Or another time, I wanted to load something to the boot, had my SO pull out from the parking spot and was unable to open the boot after that.

I can understand the rationale - e.g. stops people from nicking stuff from the boot while you're stopped at a traffic light (like that ever happens) - just that it caught me by surprise.

Mine doesn't do that, I have mine set to auto lock when setting off and the missus regularly gets out and then opens the boot as when she opens her door (front passenger) to get out it unlocks the whole car.....

Amundsen sat nav is doing my head in now. Even with autozoom disabled it seems to choose its own random zoom scales. I like it on 50-75yds all the while but everytime i turn the car on its at 300 and most of the time it decides 1.5 miles is OK.

My old Amundsen + you set the scale and it kept it so god knows whats up with this one.

Also Ive noticed occasionally the gesture based menu bar sticks on the screen in nav mode (rather than disappearing after taking your hand away) and only way to get rid is to change the mode...its then ok again.

Fortunately its standard kit on my car bit if id paid 550 quid for it id be a bit disappointed I think. Fair shout theyve thrown loads of functionality at the MQB infotainment systems but some of it is not particularly well executed IMHO or easy to use.

I like the fact that the Skoda designers left enough slack on the throtle sender connection, that a pedelbox can be fitted without the need to remove the entire pedal assembly as some models require, or so I am informed.  Additionally I am informed, the airfilter box which requires removing to fit a tuningbox, simply pulls off and plugs back in.  Simply Clever ? I'd say so

Regards

T

That takes me back a long tgime and it sounds like a fault to me.

My wife's old Mk1 Fabia would not allow the boot to be opened till one of the passenger doors had been opened/closed. This was a pita as she  often needed to open the boot to let the dogs out when going for a walk. From memory (amd this was years ago so I may be mis-remembering) the Skoda garage agreed it was a definite fault and spent ages trying to diagnose it without success. In the end she got into the habit of opening/shuitting a door before trying to open the hatch.

I'll correct myself -- not the driver's door, but any front door needs to be opened.

So again: the way my car seems to work is that after it has come to a standstill and the engine is running, the boot door can not be opened from the outside until a front door has been opened first. For some reason, people exiting from the back seat can not open the boot by themselves. And this is with automatic locking off.

Hmm ... I have just discovered you can't pull the bonnet release without opening the passenger door !

I guess its a safety feature, but its the first car I have noticed that in, and I have had a few over the years :rofl:  

It's great if you drive too close to the pavement or are driving down a country lane and wash your windows and the headlight washers spray the pedestrians as well.

• Like 3

Mine does that too, usually to somebody abroad!