I Didn't Know The Yeti Did This....!

aerofurb

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/03/2017 at 05:27, Clive said:

Bummer , I'd miss that feature too , it'seems like a backwards step to me :dull:

It does on the Columbus.

5 minutes ago, WFM said:

It does on the Columbus.

I know, that's why I said I'd miss it if I lost the feature (I have the Columbus).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Electric folding mirrors.

You cannot fold them in at speeds over 15kmh.

If they are folded in when you set off, they don't fold out automatically.

• 2 weeks later...

Simply Clever! I've hoovered out the driver's footwell loads of times but only yesterday, four years in, I noticed this little rubber extension to the brake pedal rubber.

Do we assume it's to prevent the driver's shoe catching on the underside of the brake pedal when going from accelerator to brake pedals? 

Oh! and there's a similar extension to the left side of the clutch pedal rubber, as well.

IMG_20170919_145911.jpg

• 1 month later...

Been reading thru all these very interesting

I don't think that the following has been mentioned, (but if it has accept my apologises)

.........if you leave the key in the ignition, (maybe with the engine switched on but not running), and you fill the car up with Diesel ...... you will not get a correct reading ......... it will not show FULL but just over half full ........ when this happened to me ......... I left the key in the ignition, switch on but not running ........... I thought that there was a problem with the sender in the tank and thought £££'s .......... it took a few hundred kms to correct itself

never done it again

(I found the answer on the web so it must happen to other cars)

Edited by BillN_33

see foglight fuses posting for the whole saga, this is the resultant discovery

As a final thought on this, Skoda live up  to their slogan, as when the light switch fuse blows the lights are permanently on when the ignition key is inserted and in the first position when turned    ----   SIMPLY CLEVER!

• 2 weeks later...

The rear wiper doesn't operate if the boot is open.

Found this out while wiring in my dash cam to my new Yeti this afternoon and trying to check the wiper was working when I'd finished. It nearly gave me a heart attack :)

Here's a thing..... If I start my Yeti then try to rev it hard before I have pulled away there is a rev limiter at 2500, even with foot to floor it won't go over 2500.

• Thanks 1

The Amundsen 2 allows you to have 2 phones connected by bluetooth simultaneously. Very handy if you've got a work and personal phone. 

However, if using Android Auto (or presumably Apple Play and Mirror Link) then it will not connect to either phone via bluetooth, just the one you've got plugged in.

• Like 1

I was discussing the outside air temperature the other day with SWMBO and mentioned that it had been 61deg Fahrenheit at 10.00pm. She asked how I knew and I said the Yeti had told me. She said the Yeti gives her that info in Deg Cent. 

I thought she must be dreaming, but no - the readout is ignition key sensitive. It reads F with my key and C with hers. 

I think I probably did make the change when fiddling with the menu shortly after purchase, but assumed that the change would be 'universal' rather than key specific. 

I guess that's 'simply smart' but a bit of a pita when one does want to implement for all users. 

I've now also learnt by heart the relevant mph to kph conversions for checking the readouts on maxi-dot with CC engaged - eg 48kph; 64kph; 80kph etc. I'm assuming these read outs are more accurate than the needle on the speedo?

Edited by youngbaz
Typo

16 minutes ago, youngbaz said:

I've now also learnt by heart the relevant mph to kph conversions for checking the readouts on maxi-dot with CC engaged - eg 48kph; 64kph; 80kph etc. I'm assuming these read outs are more accurate than the needle on the speedo?

Think you'll find they are just a direct conversion between the two, ie 62mph = 100kph.
On mine they are the same and both read about 8 percent fast.

1 hour ago, Urrell said:

Think you'll find they are just a direct conversion between the two, ie 62mph = 100kph.
On mine they are the same and both read about 8 percent fast.

Quite possibly - but I find it quicker/easier just to check what the maxidot is saying speedwise - rather than peering at the speedo.  So I convince myself that's also safer - ie less microseconds with eyes off the road ahead!

24 minutes ago, youngbaz said:

Quite possibly - but I find it quicker/easier just to check what the maxidot is saying speedwise - rather than peering at the speedo.  So I convince myself that's also safer - ie less microseconds with eyes off the road ahead!

I suggest that that is a personal thing - does the user find it quicker to read numbers or to recognise the local pattern of a needle on a dial? 

After calibration with sat nav and a speed app on my phone my car is 86km/hr at an exact 50mph, 101 for 60mph and 118 for 70mph.

I have driven hundreds of miles through average speed sections at 86km/hr without ever having a problem.

The km display has the same error at the mph display.

However this is intentionally built in as the odometer is absolutely spot on.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but my manual 2.0 litre TDI L&K has a facility for dipping the passenger door mirror to enable you to see the nearside kerb when reversing. To activate, you have to select the passenger mirror on the door mirror adjustment control and select reverse.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, growler2ndrow said:

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but my manual 2.0 litre TDI L&K has a facility for dipping the passenger door mirror to enable you to see the nearside kerb when reversing. To activate, you have to select the passenger mirror on the door mirror adjustment control and select reverse.

I think that comes with electric seats.

It probably gets too complicated with the passenger seat trying to dip the drivers mirror! On previous cars it would also have stopped the fitting of the drawer. That would be much more useful to me than the toy umbrella and holder we get now. I doubt if it will ever be used.

I rarely use this feature as more often than not, having dipped the mirror does not return to normal position.

Had the same problem with last Yeti, so seems to be a design fault.