new fabia 3 real pics

When the new Rapid and Octavia III first arrived I looked at them as one clone in two sizes. However having now owned both cars back to back I realise this is not the case, the Rapid particularly in Spaceback form, is actually a much more stylish design, with a nice blend of curves and straight lines, unlike the very angular and flat Octavia III.

Also find the RHD driving position and seat design (sport) in the Rapid SE far more comfortable than the Octavia SE we had; the reason for the change in car.

So I hope the new Fabia III is based on Rapid design DNA not Octavia III, otherwise Skoda might be designing me out of their cars after 20 years of fairly continuous ownership.

TP.

Just found this in Auto-Express website.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/fabia/87107/new-skoda-fabia-spied

When the Mk2 first came out, I liked the back end, but not the front. If the Mk3 looks like the above, I like the front end but not the rear. That lower rear spoiler 'spoils' the look.

Just found a new picture on the Skoda facebook page. Seems like Skoda is drip feeding each details of the Fabia out.......

https://www.facebook.com/skoda/photos/a.164369073655562.39021.142062625886207/673964469362684/?type=1&theater

That's some 'tornado line' down the side of the car, looks even more pronounced than on the Rapid.

https://www.facebook.com/skoda/photos/a.164369073655562.39021.142062625886207/675036509255480/?type=1

TP

Here's the latest image from the skoda Facebook page...

9cea2fbf0edb28b2e6b45a537765bf0b.jpg

Anyone else see this and instantly think Audi A1?? 

Same family I know but the similarities are uncanny!! 

• Like 1

Anyone else see this and instantly think Audi A1?? 

Same family I know but the similarities are uncanny!! 

Yes. You could put the Audi badge on the grille and it would look 'normal'

Not a bad thing though.

Fabia = Skaudi A1

Rapid Spaceback = Skaudi A3

Superb = Skaudi A5 (hopefully)

First impressions, I think it looks alright and a vast improvement on the mk2 fabia!

Wish they had kept the limited edition blue colour just for special models rather than making it part of the range but hey its a really nice colour in fairness!

Think I can see that its a black roof?

Wonder are the tinted rear windows standard aswell as the black B Pillar?