New badges fitted

That sounds like a good idea..I will give that a try tomorrow.

Just a quick update, The screw in the centre and some pliers worked a treat, I braced myself for them being tight and I am not going to lie I ended up on me Bum on the first wheel, they all came off relatively easily, :D

Looks very nice with the new centres...I need to take some pics now.

Thanks

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, 

I found out the hard way today that the new badge i got for my 2009 superb is CURVED and doesn't sit on the flat paintwork.

Where did you get the flat ones and I'm assuming both need to be flat for the front and rear? 

thanks

I just walked into my local dealer with the part number and they handed the flat badges over. :)

I thought I had two flat ones but when I got them home one was the slightly curved version. I used a hairdryer on the front side to flatten it out and it seems to be ok so far...

Dave

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to ordering the Citigo badges for front and rear, and the wheel centre caps, from Bickerton Skoda. Will update when I've fitted them.

I was thinking about doing this but then I realised, you know what... I quite like the older style badges...

I was thinking about doing this but then I realised, you know what... I quite like the older style badges...

I've had the new badges on the front & back for a year or so, but the dealer fitted Superb badges which are curved, so they don't fit properly.

It must just be me and one other owner.... but I think the old badges suit the older models. Sure they are old fashioned but IMO the new chrome badges look cheap in comparison. Maybe we can design a Briskoda badge :p

Guess it is just you...;)

Changed so manny of them till now for myself and other people that I stop counting them...

New style is better and more quality.

If you look, after fitting a new old style badge, after 6-7 month, the transparent foil is to start pill off...and this is a bad to all old style badges.

Even there was a service campain that submitted changing them free of charge while car is under warranty.

New style then for sure better, more vissible and suits the car.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

If any one checks this post after April 2016, go to http://www.superskoda.com/skoda-merchandise/ these guys do the later badges to fit the early vehicles. I've ordered and received one large badge and will update when I get around to removing & replacing it.

26 euros plus delivery!!!!!!! :o  I'd have tried your local dealer first. A lot cheaper and usually in stock or ready for collection next day. Even if you don't live nearby they usually post out for a few quid.

Just checked and my local dealer have them for £10.57 each and express postage if required is £4.99.

Quite right I should have checked here first for info. Just bought one from my local dealer who've charged me £11.68 inc tax but this one has three pegs on the back not two as my front badge and the superskoda.com badge have!

Dealer assures me it's correct as he's fitted it to his brothers Skoda but so far I'm not convinced.

If two of the pegs are in the right place I'll just cut the third one off. and yes I could cut all three off if desperate.

I'm also looking to change my wheel centres for the later style, superskoda.com have four for £15.46 whereas the dealer is quoting me £8.63 for one.

So might just take a chance on the cheaper option.

Quite right I should have checked here first for info. Just bought one from my local dealer who've charged me £11.68 inc tax but this one has three pegs on the back not two as my front badge and the superskoda.com badge have!

Dealer assures me it's correct as he's fitted it to his brothers Skoda but so far I'm not convinced.

If two of the pegs are in the right place I'll just cut the third one off. and yes I could cut all three off if desperate.

I'm also looking to change my wheel centres for the later style, superskoda.com have four for £15.46 whereas the dealer is quoting me £8.63 for one.

So might just take a chance on the cheaper option.

Yep as long as you have ordered the part number given earlier then the badges you use for the front and rear of the Superb are actually from the CitiGo so the pins are surplus to requirements. The centre caps are the same price at my dealer but it meant I could collect the same day rather than waiting however long for delivery from Europe so paid the higher price.

• 1 year later...

Fitted two Citygo badges on my SII, supplied FOC by my dealer a few months ago and all seems well. Which is better going than the original badges that were replaced many times, both front and rear, again by my dealer under warranty. Now I am out of my five year warranty.

• 1 year later...

The ones for the Citigo are flat backed and fit ours and only about £12 each from dealer 1ST 853 630 A AUL
Then you could buy a can of black spray paint for 3 quid ( I used Plastidip spray that I used for my wifes Mercs wheels to colour them complete black)

But Im a cheapskate:rolleyes:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DEL80Y said:

The ones for the Citigo are flat backed and fit ours and only about £12 each from dealer 1ST 853 630 A AUL
Then you could buy a can of black spray paint for 3 quid ( I used Plastidip spray that I used for my wifes Mercs wheels to colour them complete black)

But Im a cheapskate:rolleyes:

I like this kind of attitude. I need to admit I wasn’t like this. I think now I see other things more important.

@DEL80Y do you have some pictures with the final result??

I think the owner of the black Superb needs to focus more on paintwork correction than jazzy new badges! Has he washed it with a scouring pad!?

By the way, just replaced my front grill badge, with a brand new old style badge, the same as it left the factory with. None of this trying to make the car newer than it is malarkey :D

28 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I think the owner of the black Superb needs to focus more on paintwork correction than jazzy new badges! Has he washed it with a scouring pad!?

By the way, just replaced my front grill badge, with a brand new old style badge, the same as it left the factory with. None of this trying to make the car newer than it is malarkey :D

You are trying to say that nothing is better than an original one?

Did you see the chrome one without green? 

Somehow I know what means to modify cars, I have one made, now I am more like: Keep them like they were from factory, they have more style.

Each to their own, it's only a badge after all, but I'm not a fan of putting newer bits on an older car. The same applies to wheels etc.

I've had a 2016 Octavia, and also have a 2018 Kodiaq, both with the current black and chrome badges. They look a lot more modern, and befit Skoda's latest image.

But my 2011 MkII Superb isn't a new looking car, by a long stretch. It's 8 years old, and to anyone who knows a little bit about cars, they too know it's an older model. Later badges, aftermarket LED DRL's, non Superb, or MkIII Superb alloys. All look a little 'aftermarket' to me.

Like I said, each to their own, I prefer the older or original badges on my 'old girl'.

I have put the newer ones on the alloys though, the originals were stickers and barely lasted two winters...

IMG_20140913_115633.thumb.jpg.77deea857732b9cc2d34dc9ddc4a4f4a.jpg

IMG_0570.thumb.JPG.b2cb56c1b6fb86c69eb877bc30750830.JPG

My badges spend around 6 months of the year looking like this anyway...

IMG_6572.thumb.JPG.b2095eb244ac933a68a4f1ee8dc7848a.JPG

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

When you have multiple choices become hard to pick up the right one.

The alloys's badges look modern to be honest. Which is not bad. More stylish.

Edited by spartaans
Adding informations

I changed mine to the newer ones and worked well on a darker car. Not sure if it would work on a lighter coloured car.

I also had to replace the one on the front grill as the metal cap came off on a really hot day and was never found! Might as well update it at the same time!