What about the things that annoy you?

one thing that annoy me is when you take off the seatbelt and let it go it slams in the side window. its like a slingshot.

Yeah have to keep my right arm hooked when I release the seat belt to catch it. Amazed the plastic trim has held up to the flying seat belt.
  • Like 1

It is true that the seatbelt rewind can be quite rapid and that has caused a another problem for some where the belt has chewed or burnt its way into the plastic around the entry.

It must have been a problem with other cars I have owned because I am in the habit of always restraining the released buckle and controlling the rewind.

• Like 3

in my old car the rewind was so gentle i just clicked it out and let it do it's thing. in the skoda i need to hold it back all the way or it will brake something. scary ****!!

Edited by bytterga

To be fair, it was left in auto. Auto is exactly that, auto. Once you give the car power, then the wipers may well do what they are designed to do in auto. Put them back in manual then they wont get ruined. If you forget to put them in manual, well thats the drivers fault, not the cars.

Its as if you want the car to remember everything you forget. The car can help, but it isnt there to totally replace the human brain.

It's really a matter of how the automatic wiping function is selected. On my previous car (Volvo) you had to press a button to activate automatic wiping and it would get disabled every time you switched off the ignition.

I dont like how the front wipers wipe the screen prior to the washer fluid hitting it....in other cars there has always been a short delay.....however intermittently the car does sometimes wait for the screenwash.....but there is no obvious trend. Most of the time it doesnt, sometimes it does.

Really a pain when you have bugs or dirt on the screen.....just smears it before trying to clear.

My 65 plate MY16 Golf GTD does it too annoyingly.

I dont like how the front wipers wipe the screen prior to the washer fluid hitting it....in other cars there has always been a short delay.....however intermittently the car does sometimes wait for the screenwash.....but there is no obvious trend. Most of the time it doesnt, sometimes it does.

Really a pain when you have bugs or dirt on the screen.....just smears it before trying to clear.

Yeah,agree With that..

also annoying that you cant lift the wipers up from the screen without setting the wipers in service mode but that's probably a getting used to thingy

Yeah,agree With that..

also annoying that you cant lift the wipers up from the screen without setting the wipers in service mode but that's probably a getting used to thingy

I found that too. The Mk. 2 had nice easy lifting arms and very simple way of fitting new blades. The Mk. 3 seems to have gone backwards on that.

Mine has always had the delay

I'm defo still in honeymoon period with my car (three weeks old) and it's still bedding in so quite happy as things stand.  My only gripe just now is, parked up waiting for the mrs to come out the supermarket - she arrives with bags and she can't open the boot.  Now I know what you're all going to say - why don't I get out and help her? :)  However, the point I'm making is in my old car I could remotely unlock the boot via a button next to the handbrake.  Where/how to do this in my MY16 other than taking key out of the ignition and locking/unlocking again?  Might have missed this in the manual somewhere....??

Have to say i am a bit disappointed with my mpg too. I have vrs TDI and admittedly use the car during the week for the school run and then much longer trips at the weekend.

My TDI is averaging 40mpg after 2000 miles :( and that is me trying, my last car 2.2 diesel was much better at 45mpg, I would have thought it would be better.

I'm shocked by that economy!

1) It's a diesel - Should be way more economical even if its a VRS

2) You don't live in London - Less short journeys and less crawling in traffic which is what I see causes my MPG to be low.

I would recommend putting the car menu on the infotainment into the Eco screen and monitoring your score.

I'm always above 90% eco and I'm getting around 35mpg per fill up which based on 70% of the miles being done on short, traffic/traffic light ridden journeys and 30% A roads and motorway. Open road get me mid 40s upwards MPG even using ACC which I believe reduced MPG as it doesn't have the most efficient throttle control.

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

• Like 1

As per my previous post I do like to Eco drive, which means for the sake of the environment a lot of the time I drive like a granny and have the car in Eco mode.

Occasionally there's a need for some performance from the car either to make a quick manoeuvre or just for fun. It's annoying that flicking the DSG into sports mode only changes the DSG mode and not the Drive mode to sport :-s

put sunglasses in the roof Box for sunglasses... intensive rattle noise. did almost go crazy before i found the reason for the rattle,sounded like the interior in the entire car was falling apart.

Edited by bytterga
  • Like 1

As per my previous post I do like to Eco drive, which means for the sake of the environment a lot of the time I drive like a granny and have the car in Eco mode.

Occasionally there's a need for some performance from the car either to make a quick manoeuvre or just for fun. It's annoying that flicking the DSG into sports mode only changes the DSG mode and not the Drive mode to sport :-s

I lost the eco drive option when I had the car vcds'd for HBA. It was definitely there before and no longer there afterwards.

Need to get access to vcds again to try and turn it back on but will check again when that happens.

I lost the eco drive option when I had the car vcds'd for HBA. It was definitely there before and no longer there afterwards.

Need to get access to vcds again to try and turn it back on but will check again when that happens.

Without looking back through the threads is yours a MY16 with a MIB2 head unit? I lost some menus when coding, some (including me) have raised this with ross-tech the more that do the quicker we might get a fix. At the moment VCDS is making changes you do not know about on the newer cars

Without looking back through the threads is yours a MY16 with a MIB2 head unit? I lost some menus when coding, some (including me) have raised this with ross-tech the more that do the quicker we might get a fix. At the moment VCDS is making changes you do not know about on the newer cars

Yep... MY16 MIB2 (should be in the profile which you see on the left... But most are prob on mobile and don't see that I suppose!)

@Iamholam just to clarify when I mean Eco mode I mean the Drive mode (Eco, Normal, ..). I assume you haven't lost the Eco option as a drive mode Drive mode, but you've lost the screen which shows how Eco you are driving, the one with the leaf on the left and the bar graph?

Sorry, just to clarify, the MPG I was quoting was for my TSI which I why expect TDI to be quite high.

One more edit... @Iamholam regarding your poor economy, maybe your car is stuck in testing mode and you need to enable the defeat device in VCDS [emoji12]

Edited by RB79
  • Like 1

The front bumper is unforgiving of parking over kerbs which are slightly too high. My old Focus has a rubber strip along the bottom of the leading edge which gives you a bit of warning before you do any damage.

At night when I want to change the lighting on the instruments there are too many functions to go through. Why not just have wheel on the dash like most other cars

• Like 2

At night when I want to change the lighting on the instruments there are too many functions to go through. Why not just have wheel on the dash like most other cars

Surely you only need to set it once though, that's all I have done.  Seems a bit of a waste of a switch

Surely you only need to set it once though, that's all I have done.  Seems a bit of a waste of a switch

Well, I find that I need to adjust it, dark country roads and in and out of towns. The system is overly complicated, just my opinion.

Well, I find that I need to adjust it, dark country roads and in and out of towns. The system is overly complicated, just my opinion.

I think that applies to a lot of its functions.

When I first got it I went through cancelling quite a lot!

Wish I could get rid of the stop-start without having to turn it off every time I start the engine.

Need to get access to vcds again to try and turn it back on

It might not be reIevant or helpful, but for information I added HBA on my MY16 using VCDS and I still have the DriveGreen page (if that is the one you have lost.)

• Like 1