RIP Noodle

RobClubley

Aawwww :( thats a crap news story to wake up to after the long weekend..

RIP Noodle,

Hope the family is alright Rob

Really sorry to hear this Rob. Noodle was quite a character & I used to enjoy seeing the pictures & hearing the stories in the late night thread.

Noodle was as much a Briski member as you.

Noodle will be missed.

Sorry to hear that. We just lost our puss last week to cancer.

Edited by Aspman

Sad news and I know you will be feeling the hurt at the moment. You did the right thing for Noodle and you will always have the memories which may hurt at the moment but will bring joy in time. 

Our Chocolate Labrador Charlie has been diagnosed with Epilepsy recently and is also on phenobarbital but he was also diagnosed as having a small and defective liver and as phenobarbital affects the liver we have been told he will not live to the full age one would expect.  Since he started his meds he has stopped fitting and is a bouncy normal PITA Labrador at the moment but we are aware that our time with him may well be shorter than we would expect and hope for so we enjoy every minute of our time with him.

Our pets are part of our families and the bond between humans and dogs is difficult to understand unless you are an owner.  Our lives are much richer because of that and I am sure when the grief has subsided a little you will remember Noodle with great fondness and enjoy those memories.

RIP Noodle.

• Like 3

Really sad news Rob, am gutted for you all. You did the best thing by her, as hard as I know it was. 

Really sorry to hear that. It must have been terrible to watch but you did the right thing for her.

Poor Noodle.

Sorry[emoji17]

I dont know what to say. Until I had Vinnie I'd have just read this post and moved on but while I cant claim to understand the loss, knowing now the relationship and affect Vinnie has has on my every day life I can at least understand the hole left by her passing. The only thing I can say it think of the good times with her. 

Sending our condolences 

• Like 1

Rob,

It's always hard when you loose someone who has been at the heart of your family for so long.  The good thing is that we can do something for them to stop the suffering.

That is a lovely little photo tribute you have put up there, always remember the good times.  An apple tree sounds like a really good memorial, when you get to eat the fruit it will be 'a gift from Noodle'.

When the time comes, there are lots of other dogs out there just waiting for the opportunity to fill the hole in your heart.....

Wishing you well,

Rob.

• Like 1

Oh no, this is awful :( I remember you posting when you first got her. RIP Noodle.

My dog has epilepsy too, this has made me even more scared for him :( 

• Like 1

I'm really sorry for your loss particularly having to put her down (it was clearly the right decision but it's never easy) but I'm pleased to see you have what looks like a great range of happy photos - I found when we had to put our spaniel down, it was hard not to dwell on that part and forget the great moments so I found the photos really helped.  They're out of fashion these days but I really liked having a digital photo frame with the pictures of my dog which worked well having in a couple of rooms.

John

So sorry to hear that Rob. I dread the day my little boy moves on. As it's been said, pets are as much of a family member as children, brothers, sisters etc.

I take my hat off to you Rob. You gave a poorly dog an epic life!