Superb Order tracker

I want my car as much as anyone having ordered on 28th Jan, 190tdi DSG Estate, + some extras, However I was told 16-18 weeks so until 1st May im not even going to think about it unless im informed its coming early in which case I will be very pleased. It is a bit like torturing yourself inquiring every week for an update, where as Im just hoping for a pleasant surprise.

I took a similar approach and didn't even give a second thought for the first 12 weeks. Ironically the repeated delays and excuses only started once the car had left the factory (on time).

Well I've had yet another setback. The dealer finally rang to tell me the car was in the UK (which I've known since last Thursday). He said that there was a backlog on delivery transport due to easter closures and would I mind if it went into April for delivery?

I wondered how closing for easter next week causes delays last week and this week. Surely the backlog would result AFTER stopping deliveries over easter rather than the two weeks prior? At any rate I told him I did mind as we're struggling a bit atm and need the car as soon as possible.

He said he'd be off tomorrow but will ring back on Wednesday to see if there's any update. This has to be the most protracted delivery I've ever known. I've not even had the car yet and I'm already seriously tempted to go back to Mazda, BMW or Ford next time.

And just remember Derv regardless of what SUK say there will be cars arrive after ours and be shipped to the dealers before, but of course everything is always done in strict rotation...... 

Likewise, at the moment I would never buy another VAG car again and am looking forward to getting rid in 5 years.  I am sure it will change and the car will wow me but there is no shine any more.   It is not so much the delays it is the constant lies and total disinterest from SkodaUK, which lets face it considering when it does finally arrive I will be handing over nearly £30k is astounding.  I had better service from the Ford Dealer a few months back on a 10 year old car that they have never done more than a couple of bits too.

The guy at SUK could not understand that I have a problem with selling my current car, how am I able to advertise it and sell it privately when the date for getting the new one is a moveable object that no-one can give a consistent answer too.

I really do struggle to understand how it is not possible to say:

• It left the the factory on the 1st of the month for example, and is scheduled for sailing on the 15th for example, and then scheduled for transport from port to dealer on the 21st for example.  Surely it is not rocket science to work out.

I guess I am odd in the fact that I am not on finance or am not trading a vehicle in (dealer did not want it)

• Like 1

More delays!!!! The car is at the dealership, I have already signed the paper work last week and was promised today for collection. What a supprise when i chased (note I chased them, again!) the paperwork hasn't been completed by their business Center. Arrgghhhh. They have had 6 months to do the paper work it's not that difficult, is it?

I want my car as much as anyone having ordered on 28th Jan, 190tdi DSG Estate, + some extras, However I was told 16-18 weeks so until 1st May im not even going to think about it unless im informed its coming early in which case I will be very pleased. It is a bit like torturing  yourself inquiring every week for an update, where as Im just hoping for a pleasant surprise.

NCD tell me that L&K are taking 4 weeks longer than other models.

And just remember Derv regardless of what SUK say there will be cars arrive after ours and be shipped to the dealers before, but of course everything is always done in strict rotation...... 

Likewise, at the moment I would never buy another VAG car again and am looking forward to getting rid in 5 years.  I am sure it will change and the car will wow me but there is no shine any more.   It is not so much the delays it is the constant lies and total disinterest from SkodaUK, which lets face it considering when it does finally arrive I will be handing over nearly £30k is astounding.  I had better service from the Ford Dealer a few months back on a 10 year old car that they have never done more than a couple of bits too.

The guy at SUK could not understand that I have a problem with selling my current car, how am I able to advertise it and sell it privately when the date for getting the new one is a moveable object that no-one can give a consistent answer too.

• It left the the factory on the 1st of the month for example, and is scheduled for sailing on the 15th for example, and then scheduled for transport from port to dealer on the 21st for example.  Surely it is not rocket science to work out.

I guess I am odd in the fact that I am not on finance or am not trading a vehicle in (dealer did not want it)

You are not the only one ! --- parting with £37,000+ of our own cash but this counts for nowt with Skoda & SUK !

Edited by david 1220

You hit the nail on the head there (my bold/underline). Japanese cars are just fully loaded to begin with (so no messing around with custom options and orders) and are arriving in the dealerships from Japan every two weeks. I waited 10 days for my Mazda 6 and that was only because I wanted an 'unpopular' colour so had to wait a few days for the next ship full to land. Likewise you can generally 'walk into' a normally specced BMW or Ford fairly quickly. Škoda handle delivery very badly indeed, and have no real concept of customer service.

Since ordering this Superb (my second and probably last Škoda) I've been told their website 'definitely is misleading about options, sorry' (though they refused to honour it and haven't changed the website), and have been lied to time and again about delivery status by SUK and the dealership admin. As you say, it's taken the shine off. I've been 'getting my car this week' for three weeks now and could be waiting another two again. Ridiculous for a standard spec 'budget' type car.

The thing that really irks me is how the dealers still play dumb about the order delays when selling. "Oh Škoda have been really surprised by the massive interest in this new model, so they're a bit delayed. We've never seen anything like it before, people just love it."..... Which is weird, because they said the same last year when I cancelled an Octavia order than ran 6 months plus, and they said it about the S2 in 2010 when I ordered one then. Škoda must be seriously, seriously bad at counting and projecting orders, even after all these years, to still be getting 'caught by surprise' and experiencing 'severe delays due to popularity'. It's about as hilarious as the 'bad weather at Emden'....

A few years ago Škoda were a real challenge to the more mainstream marques and presented great value for money. These days they're now charging mainstream prices and the service is worse than ever. I could pay less for better and faster service at most other marques so they've lost their USP for me. A 240ps Mondeo is practically as big as the S3, even wider, better to drive (no wallowy suspension) and has more kit as standard for similar money. After this debacle I don't think I'll be getting another. it's a shame as the owners' community is fantastic and the cars themselves are decent enough, but the dealership network and SUK service just kills it.

• Like 1

You hit the nail on the head there (my bold/underline). Japanese cars are just fully loaded to begin with (so no messing around with custom options and orders) and are arriving in the dealerships from Japan every two weeks. I waited 10 days for my Mazda 6 and that was only because I wanted an 'unpopular' colour so had to wait a few days for the next ship full to land. Likewise you can generally 'walk into' a normally specced BMW or Ford fairly quickly. Škoda handle delivery very badly indeed, and have no real concept of customer service.

Since ordering this Superb (my second and probably last Škoda) I've been told their website 'definitely is misleading about options, sorry' (though they refused to honour it and haven't changed the website), and have been lied to time and again about delivery status by SUK and the dealership admin. As you say, it's taken the shine off. I've been 'getting my car this week' for three weeks now and could be waiting another two again. Ridiculous for a standard spec 'budget' type car.

The thing that really irks me is how the dealers still play dumb about the order delays when selling. "Oh Škoda have been really surprised by the massive interest in this new model, so they're a bit delayed. We've never seen anything like it before, people just love it."..... Which is weird, because they said the same last year when I cancelled an Octavia order than ran 6 months plus, and they said it about the S2 in 2010 when I ordered one then. Škoda must be seriously, seriously bad at counting and projecting orders, even after all these years, to still be getting 'caught by surprise' and experiencing 'severe delays due to popularity'. It's about as hilarious as the 'bad weather at Emden'....

A few years ago Škoda were a real challenge to the more mainstream marques and presented great value for money. These days they're now charging mainstream prices and the service is worse than ever. I could pay less for better and faster service at most other marques so they've lost their USP for me. A 240ps Mondeo is practically as big as the S3, even wider, better to drive (no wallowy suspension) and has more kit as standard for similar money. After this debacle I don't think I'll be getting another. it's a shame as the owners' community is fantastic and the cars themselves are decent enough, but the dealership network and SUK service just kills it.

Maybe this is VW "new" and only way of keeping the Skoda brand in its place. "We love the interest being shown but don´t get too comfortable" kind of attitude.

Before we finally placed our order we had a look at a few brands from Japan and Korea also. Delivery times were much longer but one common thing all the dealers kept mentioning. Cars were ordered by the dealers without firm orders from customers. They said this was the only way of keeping the delivery time down to 8 weeks. It did mean though that only certain options and colours were available. If you ordered your own special mix then delivery times were at least 20 weeks or more. Remember I´m talking about dealers here in Sweden but this could also be true elsewhere.

Just contacted my dealer. My SE Business estate was built last week and is now sitting at Emden awaiting shipping woohoo

When was yours ordered Anglo?

Edited by Arranrps

Dealer has just updated me, bang on time as promised. Still at BW18 (status 10), so if it doesn't change it'll be built in 6 weeks' time.

I was never under any illusion that it would be any quicker than that (changing to black leather sped things up), as my dealer is really good at keeping me informed. I feel the pain of those of you who are faced with a radio silence from your dealers and poor information from Skoda. My sales guy has a reminder in his calendar to check orders and report back to customers every two weeks. It's not rocket science and I can't understand why not all dealers do it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Edited by grebble

not ideal.. dealer stated 24th March delivery, just spoke to SUK and it has been in the compound since the 17th and could take another 8-10 working days to get the dealership less than 50 miles away ;((( was hoping for nice four day break with 1.4 150 SEL hatch in biz grey... gutted

Well I've had yet another setback. The dealer finally rang to tell me the car was in the UK (which I've known since last Thursday). He said that there was a backlog on delivery transport due to easter closures and would I mind if it went into April for delivery?

I wondered how closing for easter next week causes delays last week and this week. Surely the backlog would result AFTER stopping deliveries over easter rather than the two weeks prior? At any rate I told him I did mind as we're struggling a bit atm and need the car as soon as possible.

He said he'd be off tomorrow but will ring back on Wednesday to see if there's any update. This has to be the most protracted delivery I've ever known. I've not even had the car yet and I'm already seriously tempted to go back to Mazda, BMW or Ford next time.

Same here.... Vehicle due at dealers 21st (yesterday) but this was missed so will now be after Easter... No date given just after Easter so likely will now be delivered April !!! Was promised a few days ago once it was on a boat they could take control & would do everything possible to deliver in March but now it is still with SUK & they seem to accept the delay.... 5 months anniversary of order in April with an initial assessment of 12 weeks from order... nearly there but not quite yet !!!

Do wonder--- how many of us will order another Skoda/ shop at the same dealer !

Nope, that's why I went the brokerage route.

The Stars have finally aligned! Collecting tonight. So hopefully I can get some pics and try and work out how to upload them. Not seen any moon white hatches with silver Phoenix wheels on here as yet.

• Like 2

I've just had an unsolicited call from VW customer services. She said they'd automatically opened a complaint file and escalated when I called SUK to enquire about the car's delay at Emden.

Turns out the car arrived at the dealership today and they'll be ringing me tomorrow to arrange handover. It'll likely be early next week, so after easter but not long to go.

Just adding a bit of balance here. I ordered mine on October 18th and was told on that day that it would probably arrive between the middle and end of February.

I was given weekly updates by my dealer and the build week varied over 2 weeks but settled around 11 January.

It got delivered to the dealer on 9 February and in spite of having beige leather there were no delays.

OK I was probably lucky but it can all work to plan.

I've just had an unsolicited call from VW customer services. She said they'd automatically opened a complaint file and escalated when I called SUK to enquire about the car's delay at Emden.

Turns out the car arrived at the dealership today and they'll be ringing me tomorrow to arrange handover. It'll likely be early next week, so after easter but not long to go.

Great news for you Derv.

So to confirm yours arrived at Grimsby a couple of days after me and now are who knows how long in front of mine, weeks in front of mine from what I was told yesterday.  

Great news for you Derv.

So to confirm yours arrived at Grimsby a couple of days after me and now are who knows how long in front of mine, weeks in front of mine from what I was told yesterday.  

Thanks mate, got there in the end (though I'll believe it when I collect!)... I wouldn't worry unduly about being 'weeks ahead', as they told me exactly that yesterday! Lo and behold it's appeared at the dealership today after all despite being told to prepare for anything up to mid-April delivery. AFAIK every dealer has it's own transport/allocation, and they wait until a transporter is 'full' before they dispatch it. Maybe your dealer has a few less cars this week compared to mine? I honestly don't know, but I really hope you get a similar call to mine soon. I'll be keeping my eyes on this thread for you.

So seems all is good here at present , so had a call from SUK customer services this afternoon. Nice ladie who actually does call when she says she will and so far has done everything she said she would but she told me that my car was scanned into UK port yesterday. FINALLY !!

so the fact it was yesterday and dealership promised a call today last week and also a call should the status change guess what nothing, not a thing well yet again makes me wonder why I went to that dealer.

But will have to see how long before they can be bothered to call.

But good news won't be long now just a bloody bank holiday to cause delay.

150 dsg l+k  ordered 08/10/15  now at Grimsby but suk told me today that it was unlikely to arrive at the dealers until the end of the month. That's just about 25 weeks and then its got to be prept,  so its 6 months + before I get it

Ordered mine (Combi SEL 190 DSG 4x4 in Moon White) on 29th January, dealer advised at the time that it would be built at the end of March and I could expect delivery mid - late April. Had a phone call from them last week saying that the car was built and on its way, and if the stars aligned and it arrived at the dealers on time could I take delivery in March. Still waiting to hear whether or not it has arrived at the dealers.