From the one I have on my desk here.

Targa GmbH, Germany.

CR 1.0 A1.

IAN 106751

That any help?

Some pics.

lidlcam1.jpg

lidlcam.jpg

Yea it's the same one found it off the IAN number on lidl's site for product details it's not 1080p. 

See link here and note your IAN number at top being the same product and clearly stating upscaled. http://www.lidl-service.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-322F27A1-F5575F09/lsp/hs.xsl/product.html?id=123709252&title=Dashboard+Camera&count=1

full manual here http://www.lidl-service.com/static/123709252/106751_EN.pdf

From it's manual: (click to enlarge) states it's a 720p camera and rest is make believe. Use that for any drama's, if getting a refund along with the variation between GB and Irish adverts for same product. 

lidl%252520cam.png

Don't get me wrong, you may be more than happy with the quality and the security of 3 years warranty, but genuinely you could get the same quality of footage for under half the price on ebay or twice the quality for the same money. 

<SNIP>

Posted last week: at start of video van driving past illustrates why I dislike 25fps with it's jerky motion. 

also last week posted:

I take your point about the jerky nature of the footage.  More to the point, the image is dark(ish) and certainly not very clear - e.g. number plates are pretty hard to read. The video might help in a "crash for cash" situation where the other party hangs about but probably not much in the case of a "hit and run".

As to the second video - what on earth was the point of the poster speeding it up?

You suggest "have a butchers at the dashcam threads on here for something around the same money that would be much better". To save interested parties (as I am) wading through vast numbers of confusing and confused posts, would you mind suggesting some decent cheap(ish) alternatives - please?

• Like 1

I take your point about the jerky nature of the footage.  More to the point, the image is dark(ish) and certainly not very clear - e.g. number plates are pretty hard to read. The video might help in a "crash for cash" situation where the other party hangs about but probably not much in the case of a "hit and run".

As to the second video - what on earth was the point of the poster speeding it up?

You suggest "have a butchers at the dashcam threads on here for something around the same money that would be much better". To save interested parties (as I am) wading through vast numbers of confusing and confused posts, would you mind suggesting some decent cheap(ish) alternatives - please?

Would provide good situational awareness for an incident, just a shame it's not really as advertised. To be able to capture higher quality footage for less elsewhere is the ultimate killer on it to me. 

All things considered (and given that work paid for it) I'll keep it and run with it for a while until I've got used to the idea and worked out how things happen. The I'll give it to the daughter or something and get something a bit more upmarket.

I'll post up some footage when I've got something worth looking at.

• Like 1

On a side note.

Do you all just leave them in the car when parked up, are they on the list for popped windows and tears ??

Not had or heard of any trends going that way, but you never know! 

Ok point taken. I've been playing with a 20 quid ebay one and it's ****e imo.

Not mine luckily.

I'd rather spend a few quid on one, not that I particularly want one.

not sure I need mine TBH. Only used it a few times and most of the footage I've taken could be deemed self-incriminating lol

not sure I need mine TBH. Only used it a few times and most of the footage I've taken could be deemed self-incriminating lol

Thats my reasoning for not needing one if I'm honest.

• Like 1

Thats my reasoning for not needing one if I'm honest.

My type of customers then, starring in rather than posting in the 'Drive Recorder Video Footage' thread :P

It's that good then? ;-)

Yep, that's as good as it is I reckon. It's okay for what I need, but had I seen the footage first it would still be on the shelf. It does what I want though so it can stay til I've got things sorted for wiring and suchlike.