The Superb III Picture thread

They're the wheels that come standard on the Irish L&K, it also come standard with the adaptive chassis so the ride should be ok. I have not been in it yet as it will be my car when his PCP is up........I don't want to tease myself!!!!! (I'll have to make do with my S80 D5 Executive for another few years)

Yeah 19s as standard on the L&K in Ireland just doesn't make sense to me but no denying how good they look all the same. Even with DCC I think I would go for 18s on an L&K which are still nice. Nothing wrong with your D5, still a comfortable car!

Attached are some pictures from this morning.

Lovely looking car, but the second picture made me cringe somewhat - it's a bit too close to that low wall for my liking :sweat:  , maybe it's just the camera angle.

Lovely looking car, but the second picture made me cringe somewhat - it's a bit too close to that low wall for my liking :sweat:  , maybe it's just the camera angle.

Yes, rest easy it is the camera angle.  It was a good distance off, that rear camera is great as the sensors do not pick it up.

post-131718-0-20097300-1459454865_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Got mine yesterday after nearly 6 months wait . took it for a short run today[ about 50 miles] computer said it was doing 46.3 at the end of the trip . we were on Norfolk  A,B and  C roads so a bit of a mix . our roads are not great but after the low profile run flats on the Mercedes it was a magic carpet ride .the wife drove it for a while and she said it was great too.  Its a 150 dsg l and k by the way and I reckon it will be quite sprightly when it loosens up.

Yeah 19s as standard on the L&K in Ireland just doesn't make sense to me but no denying how good they look all the same. Even with DCC I think I would go for 18s on an L&K which are still nice. Nothing wrong with your D5, still a comfortable car!

When I get the Superb from him, I will either put 18" wheels on it or go up one profile size on the 19" to try and protect the rims. I do between 8,000 and 10,000kms a month on all sorts of roads and they will be destroyed in no time!!!!

When I get the Superb from him, I will either put 18" wheels on it or go up one profile size on the 19" to try and protect the rims. I do between 8,000 and 10,000kms a month on all sorts of roads and they will be destroyed in no time!!!!

10K a month!! And I thought I did a lot at 40/50k kms a year!  I was wondering that myself about the profile size as I did exactly that on my current L&K with the 18s i.e. went from 40 to 45 profile however, is there enough room in the arches with the 19" rims??  It would certainly be an option if there was a comfortable fit.

10K a month!! And I thought I did a lot at 40/50k kms a year!  I was wondering that myself about the profile size as I did exactly that on my current L&K with the 18s i.e. went from 40 to 45 profile however, is there enough room in the arches with the 19" rims??  It would certainly be an option if there was a comfortable fit.

Yeah, the mileage is crazy but I got tired of staying in hotels a fair few years ago........so now I don't. I spend my days in heated/cooled/massage seats!!!

• Like 1

Collected today.

Sorry problem loading photos. Will come back with a link.

post-58575-0-88643200-1459536966_thumb.jpeg

post-58575-0-41779900-1459536983_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ssc

It was dressed as a ghost.....?! ;-)

Ha ha yes you could say that :-). Will try to get more pictures uploaded soon

Gave Bruno a wash over this evening ahead of trip to Castle Combe tomorrow. Shiny but quite a few tar spots already that will a more detailed session to remove.

IMAG1271_zps3gqokv50.jpg

IMAG1272_zpswqynlxi8.jpg

Sharing the drive with my Octy, I'll need to get the two out together plus the old Rapid for a photo shoot.

Engine bay given a once over too.

IMAG1270_zpsjbbjw92x.jpg

• Like 1

Regarding the silver topped key... are they just for L&K models rather than all plain black ?

I believe so and as seen in the photograph you only get one of them.

• Like 1

Regarding the silver topped key... are they just for L&K models rather than all plain black ?

Correct and only on one key as well

• Like 1

Correct and only on one key as well

You definitely get 1 silver topped and 1 plain back on a KESSY enabled SEL Exec aswell (or at least I did!)

Edited by Dilz
  • Like 1

I´m sorry I don't have an answer to that. The car we test drove back in November, also a L&K, had the same silver top. I guess that could be the case. As you can see from the picture we received one with and one without. I never asked but was expecting both with after our test drive. Will check.