VCDS options on Superb III

2 minutes ago, JR RS said:

From what I've read, only the very early models of the Superb mk3 had the Rain light sensor that supports rain closing.

Subsequent models were fitted with a different sensor.

If u do a VCDS scan, u can see which rain light recognition sensor u have.

If it's the "RLHS" version - then the rain closing feature won't work.

Thanks for this info, at least I know not to get my hopes up. Not sure on a build date but my car was first delivered/registered on 16/05/2016 according to the service book

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have enabled the High Beam Assist (not SLA) on my MY18 Skoda Superb L&K, but it seems to work inadequately. It randomly flashes the lights and it occurs that it sees the upcoming traffic too slowly. Is there something I can do to make it work better? Also, when I was activating it around 3 months ago, I discovered that with my VCDS cable there were many options/coding missing (18.2.1 version) and most of the labels were in German? Is it because my car is with the new infotainment system and DSG7 gearbox? 

One last request - can you please tell how to enable the 'Easy Entry' option. Thanks in advance.

31 minutes ago, Adrian55555 said:

Easy entry option is in seat adjustment drivers side channel 36 should show easy entry just enable it and it should work

I’ve enabled this, on mine it wasn’t labelled at all for some reason but it worked.... It’s byte 3 bit 1 (tick)

Adrian do you know if the easy entry positions can be changed? I think it’s great and the positions change depending on where you seat is to begin with, but I have a bad back and it’d be great if I could get it to lean forwards a bit more to help me out :cool:

3 hours ago, crossmania337 said:

I have enabled the High Beam Assist (not SLA) on my MY18 Skoda Superb L&K, but it seems to work inadequately. It randomly flashes the lights and it occurs that it sees the upcoming traffic too slowly. Is there something I can do to make it work better? 

my HBA is working quite nicely.  reacts very quickly to oncoming traffic, or following traffic.  it doesn't get easily confused by shiny road side signs, but on the odd occasion, it does.

i'm not sure if there is something that can be done to "improve" it, apart from ensuring the windscreen is clean, and u've enabled/coded the HBA correctly.

I have enabled Byte 3, bit 1, but the seat doesn’t move back. Does it require time to accept the coding? I have tried locking/unlocking, turning the ignition on/off and still nothing happens... Regarding the HBA, I will check the coding and tell you what happened.

14 minutes ago, crossmania337 said:

I have enabled Byte 3, bit 1, but the seat doesn’t move back. Does it require time to accept the coding? I have tried locking/unlocking, turning the ignition on/off and still nothing happens... Regarding the HBA, I will check the coding and tell you what happened.

Mine started working straight away, engine off, open the door and the seat moves. It moves back to your memory position when you get in and start the engine, then shut the door. Depending on where you have your seat in the first place, it might not actually move that much - mine goes up about 5cm, and leans the backrest forwards a bit too. 

There are are no menu settings for this feature so it’s not obvious whether it’s worked or not until you switch off and open the door.

9 hours ago, drewellis said:

Mine started working straight away, engine off, open the door and the seat moves. It moves back to your memory position when you get in and start the engine, then shut the door. Depending on where you have your seat in the first place, it might not actually move that much - mine goes up about 5cm, and leans the backrest forwards a bit too. 

There are are no menu settings for this feature so it’s not obvious whether it’s worked or not until you switch off and open the door.

its a nice little feature to have, though wat would b better is that found the new Audi A8 - where it also raises/lifts the whole car, when u touch the door handle to open.  it then settles back down once ur in and start the engine.

and again, when u open the door to get out, it raises the whole car up.  once u lock the car and walk away, it settles back down again.

fancy schmancy!!

I think I have a big problem with А5 controller (FrSensorDrvAssis). When I enter the 07 Coding Menu, in Byte 0 it says VW Atlas,  it does not say Skoda Superb. It does not accept the coding when I reselect Skoda Superb and the field becomes blank. Why is that happening? 

45631268_297994840818363_2517745356884672512_n.jpg.e3fc20ac33fce3e11a2a29be63be4858.jpg45775906_2197700550553041_4082359761943658496_n.jpg.20b88298234f9dc8f7384bfbfdb669a8.jpg

Edited by crossmania337

Is there anybody who could enlighten me what should I do? I starting do get worried a bit :D Vw Atlas is a SUV and when the A5 controller is coded for Atlas it may have different values that are set for the HBA. Maybe I have messed something up when I coded the HBA. Still, I haven’t noticed any other problems with the car. 

54 minutes ago, crossmania337 said:

Is there anybody who could enlighten me what should I do? I starting do get worried a bit :D Vw Atlas is a SUV and when the A5 controller is coded for Atlas it may have different values that are set for the HBA. Maybe I have messed something up when I coded the HBA. Still, I haven’t noticed any other problems with the car. 

Do you have backup before doing any coding?

Never change first few bytes of this module. There is no need.

Edited by mtl
Reply changed.

Unfortunately, I didn’t make a backup. When I opened the controller, I just saw that it stated VW Atlas. When I tried to change it, it didn’t accept it. Can somebody upload  a photo of Byte 0? Thanks in advance.

It would be easier if you could copy/paste all the data for A5 controller, together with which version of VCDS do you use...

I am uploading the full scan of the system. However, I noticed another problem, which is not related to the A5 module. The fuel gauge showed me 5 litres refill quantity but I have travelled for around 200 kilometres. Of course, I thought that is not possible and when I went to the gas station to ref uel, the car took up 25 litres?? Does anyone have a clue on this thing? Anyways, the auto-scan:Log-4935-TMB3JCNP9J7599488-11532km-7165mi.txt

I am uploading the full scan of the system. However, I noticed another problem, which is not related to the A5 module. The fuel gauge showed me 5 litres refill quantity and the needle didn't move at all but I have travelled for around 200 kilometres. Of course, I thought that is not possible and when I went to the gas station to ref uel, the car took up 25 litres?? Does anyone have a clue on this thing? Anyways, the auto-scan:Log-4935-TMB3JCNP9J7599488-11532km-7165mi.txt.

Edited by crossmania337

@crossmania337 yes, I have this exact issue. The refuel quantity is hilariously inaccurate, to the tune of around 15 litres +/-. I'm guessing this is why they don't turn it on by default. My guess is that it may be configured for a smaller tank (maybe 50l). The other day mine said 50l required when it was nearly empty. The car actually took close to 65l when I filled it. I guess this was one thing they just couldn't be bothered to fix, so left it disabled by default. It's a shame, but at least it gives you a vague idea of the fuel level; just remember to add on 15l and you should be OK ;)

5 minutes ago, plantpowered said:

@crossmania337 yes, I have this exact issue. The refuel quantity is hilariously inaccurate, to the tune of around 15 litres +/-. I'm guessing this is why they don't turn it on by default. My guess is that it may be configured for a smaller tank (maybe 50l). The other day mine said 50l required when it was nearly empty. The car actually took close to 65l when I filled it. I guess this was one thing they just couldn't be bothered to fix, so left it disabled by default. It's a shame, but at least it gives you a vague idea of the fuel level; just remember to add on 15l and you should be OK ;)

Interesting. Mine is pretty accurate 5L +/-.

@JackySi I did 160 miles on Saturday, with a full tank, and at the end, it was telling me it only needed 5l of fuel (which would be about 145mpg or 1.6l/100km in a 220 Petrol :D). The analogue fuel gauge is similar - it doesn't move at all from full for a good 100 - 130 miles, then starts dropping much quicker as you get towards the end of the tank. Most cars I've had have been similar. I see you have a diesel, so maybe there's a difference between the petrol and diesel. Who knows? Doesn't bother me too much, but I do find it funny.

Just now, plantpowered said:

@JackySi I did 160 miles on Saturday, with a full tank, and at the end, it was telling me it only needed 5l of fuel (which would be about 145mpg or 1.6l/100km in a 220 Petrol :D). The analogue fuel gauge is similar - it doesn't move at all from full for a good 100 - 130 miles, then starts dropping much quicker as you get towards the end of the tank. Most cars I've had have been similar. I see you have a diesel, so maybe there's a difference between the petrol and diesel. Who knows? Doesn't bother me too much, but I do find it funny.

I see the same yes. But no where near 160 miles till it starts dropping. Yesterday I fueled 100% and it started dropping fuel gauge after 100km so not that far off.  Sadly I did not check refuel quantity. I did notice that on some gas stations it takes longer for the gauge to drop like they overfill the tank? Not sure really. I never gave it that much attention

• Like 1

Agreed about the actual fuel gauge. It’s almost as if the fuller half of the gauge is bigger than the other half lol. 

Refuel quantity on mine ins seems pretty accurate tho

• Like 1

I messed up the coding value of 'Fuel Tank Variant', that is why it showed me the car had more fuel. The original value is 1, but unintenionally I set it to 2, probably when I was scrolling through the bytes with the arrow keys. Still cannot figure out why am I driving a VW Atlas ? :D

Edited by crossmania337

Hi all,

I too have been doing some coding and adaptions. My S3 MY16 was originally fitted with ACC and HBA so I enabled TSA and Lane Assist. All works as expected but I have magically gotten a few extra features enabled that are not supposed to be there:

These are Blind Spot Monitor and Side Assist. I don't have the hardware for these (yet) so the should not be there. Another problem is a few errors that are (probably) related to me entering some wrong adaptations. To sum up:

1. How do I hide Side Assist again from the menu?
  2. How do I hide Blind Spot Monitor again from the menu?
  3. What does A5::C10ACF2 - Steering - Interface for lane departure warning system not coded, HC_interface_at_the_steering_not_activated mean and how do I get rid of it ?
  4. What does 5F::U111100 - Function limitation due to missing message - Road sign display (0x21) - function restriction due to communication error - BapErr_retry not successful mean and how do I get rid of it ?

The software I purchased for this is CarPort - which I found out too late is not able to dump the adaptations like the RossTech. I you have any recommendations in that regard I'm all ears (eyes, really....)

Best Regards

RaceMouse

IMG_20181124_161029.jpg

IMG_20181124_161035.jpg

Report_2018-11-24.pdf