VCDS options on Superb III

4 hours ago, djduese said:

No. If you only have low HBA without LA or TSR, you have another camera (controller 20)

On Superb 3 there is no controller 20. Even if you order Light Assist 1 (aka High Beam Assist aka Light Assist) you get A5 camera.

So even if you have only Light Assist, you can activate Lane Assist. Tested and verified many times.

With Octavia and Golf 7 you get controller 20 if you order only Light Assist/High Beam Assist.

33 minutes ago, Mr Grump said:

How do I know what controller I have ?

The options list on my MY17 says  : PNC Light assist with high beam control

You have A5 controller, but to verify check on the windscreen that you have triangular camera as seen here:

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Enriquez said:

No. Basic HBA is using the other type of camera attached to the rearview mirror. The A5 thingy is attached to the windscreen. That's the difference.

If you are writting for Superb, then there could be country differences involved. In Slovenia with HBA you get A5 camera.

If you have a DSG gearbox it should work. Because if you have SLA, adaptive lane assist, ACC and DSG shouldn't it just work? There's been other threads on this on the forum.

Edited by rtj70

59 minutes ago, Auswede said:

I guess I need to find a traffic jam to test it out.

No need for traffic jam.

Just go to a road with very visible lines on both sides, turn on ACC and Lane Assist with adaptive lane guidance and if Lane Assist will activate below 65km/h you have TJA. If it will activate only at 65km/h then you are not lucky...

Edited by mtl

10 hours ago, mtl said:

On Superb 3 there is no controller 20. Even if you order Light Assist 1 (aka High Beam Assist aka Light Assist) you get A5 camera.

So even if you have only Light Assist, you can activate Lane Assist. Tested and verified many times.

With Octavia and Golf 7 you get controller 20 if you order only Light Assist/High Beam Assist.

You have A5 controller, but to verify check on the windscreen that you have triangular camera as seen here:

Yes I have triangle on windscreen, so you are saying I could also enable lane assist ?

Is it completely impractical or super expensive to retrofit the A5 camera?  I understand it means changing the windscreen 

I really wish I'd selected my model with TSR now so I could also have lane assist, HBA and TJA.  The car is so relaxing you want it to drive itself... :P

On 20/09/2017 at 19:57, mtl said:

No need for traffic jam.

Just go to a road with very visible lines on both sides, turn on ACC and Lane Assist with adaptive lane guidance and if Lane Assist will activate below 65km/h you have TJA. If it will activate only at 65km/h then you are not lucky...

Yeah it works. Was using it for the first time today. I thought it would be under the assist menu options so assumed I didn't have it.

Only problem now is the alarm telling me to take the steering wheel keeps waking me up.

• Haha 2

I got to play with my OBDEleven doohicky today, and performed a few of the tweaks (blower showing power level when on auto, park assist distance from kerb etc) but by far the most noticeable one for me was the Audi throttle, made a huge difference! :) With my generally pedestrian driving style I don't think I'll have any need for anything more.   Thanks for all the input and help to all who post it!

6 hours ago, Auswede said:

Yeah it works. Was using it for the first time today. I thought it would be under the assist menu options so assumed I didn't have it.

Only problem now is the alarm telling me to take the steering wheel keeps waking me up.

I've just gotta wait for a practical way to retrofit an A5 camera so I can go to sleep and let my car drive itself ;).    You could try some earplugs?

Edited by chrisoverson

Did anyone here enable option to have power assisted steering working all the time (without Engine being powered on)? I found that option in Odbeleven and I am thinking if its wise to have it on (i'm guessing it works only when you put vehicle into "active mode"? 

Glad to hear the Audi throttle option made a difference for you. I'll be looking at getting this done when I get my car. Does it mean there is less throttle movement needed to get the car moving - the 220PS petrol I tried had you plant your foot down a lot further than my Audi A3 1.4TFSI does for the same level of acceleration.

And the kerb distance is interesting  - how close have you set it?

15 hours ago, Auswede said:

I strongly suggest not to play with driving without your hands on the steering wheel.
Here is nicely explained why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a48FSECVwnw&feature=youtu.be&t=2m22s

An example of TJA in Skoda Kodiaq driving into the pavement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a48FSECVwnw&feature=youtu.be&t=6m20s

And another few examples of Lane Assist deactivation without any warning on Octavia 3:

LA

Edited by mtl

On 20. 9. 2017 at 20:37, Mr Grump said:

Yes I have triangle on windscreen, so you are saying I could also enable lane assist ?

Yes, I think that my post was quite clear on that... ;)

13 hours ago, rtj70 said:

Glad to hear the Audi throttle option made a difference for you. I'll be looking at getting this done when I get my car. Does it mean there is less throttle movement needed to get the car moving - the 220PS petrol I tried had you plant your foot down a lot further than my Audi A3 1.4TFSI does for the same level of acceleration.

And the kerb distance is interesting  - how close have you set it?

Yes I'm having to be very light on the pedal now if I want to keep the car driving smooth - even a tiny bit of throttle makes the car go, it responds very differently.

As for the park assist kerb distance, it was set to 15cm which on the tight roads here leaves me stuck out in the road, I've changed it to 5cm, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet - I might make it even smaller.  :D

If I park my A3 outside my house 15cm from the kerb I consider that poor parking. And the S3 is a few inches wider. This is an option I'll have to get someone local to change for me.

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 19:37, Mr Grump said:

13 hours ago, mtl said:

Yes, I think that my post was quite clear on that... ;)

Having looked through Gizmo's very useful  VCDS adaptations thread, I couldn't find instructions for this. Do you have a link ?

11 hours ago, rtj70 said:

If I park my A3 outside my house 15cm from the kerb I consider that poor parking. And the S3 is a few inches wider. This is an option I'll have to get someone local to change for me.

Word of warning - I found out this evening that the lowest value it will accept is 5cm.   If you do less it will save it, but as soon as you put the car in reverse it comes up with WARNING, Park Pilot Error, and illuminates a scary orange warning triangle.   I thought I'd broken my car (I tried it on 3), but changing the number back to 5 fixed it.  Tried it on 4 and same result, no worky.   Had a go with the park assist tonight and it definitely seemed to work tighter.

The Audi mod has changed the way the car drives totally, to me at least, it actually feels fun and responsive now, rather than Peddle down....  Short Tea break... "Are you sure sir?  Well if you insist..."

The Audi mod has changed the way the car drives totally, to me at least, it actually feels fun and responsive now, rather than Peddle down....  Short Tea break... "Are you sure sir?  Well if you insist..."

That is how the 220PS felt to me... as if it didn't want to accelerate unless you wanted to accelerate hard. Probably down to emission testing to be honest.

The lower powered 1.4 I have felt the more flexible car compared to the 220PS S3. But floor it and no comparison.

• Like 1

No one answers about power steering, strange =).

Any how about "Audi" change does make my car more responsive as well. On 190HP Diesel Manual 6 gear. The difference is very very small but its there. Previously I felt turbo had enough power to accelerate and car still had this weird 1sec delay (like I would be slowly pressing pedal) now as soon as turbo has power, car flies. So in right amount of RPM it responses immediately. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, hopefully someone smarter than me can answer this question with VCDS... i've been trying to set my car so that Comfort open from my Kessy key opens the sunroof instead of tilting it.  I followed this instructions:

1. 9 Central Electronics 
  2. Security code 31347 
  3. 10 Adaptations (
    1. Channel (10) - Zugangskontrolle 2 - SAD Richtung Komfortöffnen auswählen) or (Access control select comfort opening direction).
  4. Select SAD direction convenience opening - channel (10) - Access control 2 
  5. Put value on open. (and tilting). 

...and nope, still tilts.  So I chalked it up to another one of those things that didn't work.  Then, the other day I already had the sunroof open but wanted to lower the windows from the key and it the sunroof stayed in the open position rather than moving to tilt which is what it used to do in that circumstance.  So obviously what I did made *some* difference,  just not quite the full difference I was looking for.

Also, i keep asking in the vain hope that someone will crack it... anyone know how to enable the courtesy lights under the mirror when reversing?  It must be possible somehow... would it just be a matter of Ross-Tech having not mapped the right bits of software?  Do they take suggestions at all to anyones knowledge?