VCDS options on Superb III

42 minutes ago, boydeee said:

I've got the latest VCDS lead and I've found quite a few differences. I've not used VCDS since 2017 on my previous car but the MY19 Superb is certainly different! 

Someone who is more familiar with VCDS than me might be able to shed more light on it though. 

Yep, I had to a bit of guessing on a few other instructions too to get them to work on the MY19 as the previous names weren't there.

8 hours ago, newbie69 said:

But since then I have been convinced that they don't dim and that it's just the external light that affects how they look!  Was I right all along in assuming they do dim based on external light?

7 hours ago, NorthernSkodian said:

Yes, it certainly reads that way to me from that (excellent) linked post.

The link is for the instrument lighting and not the coloured ambient lights in the dash and doors. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

The link is for the instrument lighting and not the coloured ambient lights in the dash and doors. 

I noticed that but I understood people assumed the ambient lighting algorithm controls the LED stripes at the same time.

Doesn't matter as I don't have a working code for module 17...

Edited by newbie69

Hi everybody.

I have two little problems. First one is about easy entry (superb L&K ) because i check in ecu 36 byte 3 bit 1 but nothing happens .  second problem is after modification of color of LED for ambiente lights. I changed color green to red. Thats working well but name of color stay green and this is looks not really well. Is possible change also name of color at columbus via adaptation ?

6 minutes ago, rrozbroj said:

Hi everybody.

I have two little problems. First one is about easy entry (superb L&K ) because i check in ecu 36 byte 3 bit 1 but nothing happens .  second problem is after modification of color of LED for ambiente lights. I changed color green to red. Thats working well but name of color stay green and this is looks not really well. Is possible change also name of color at columbus via adaptation ?

For the second question, I had asked the same a few posts back but it seems you can't change the "label" of the colour on the colour menu to the one you set manually.

So what I did was to modify the current colours with brighter variants, not replace them with completely different colours as that would look weird.

3 hours ago, rrozbroj said:

second problem is after modification of color of LED for ambiente lights. I changed color green to red. Thats working well but name of color stay green and this is looks not really well. Is possible change also name of color at columbus via adaptation ?

Why would u change green to red when there is already a red colour with a red label????

Change the existing red to b brighter or dimmer, according to ur taste.

On 20/03/2019 at 19:43, Adrian55555 said:

I have seen somewhere about coding in the battery status to appear on the mfd. Done a search but can't seem to find it.  Can someone point me in the right direction please. 

I've only seen manual operations, but I never had any chance to see any VCDS code to make the battery status appear in the Maxi DOT. :unsure: 

On 20/03/2019 at 19:43, Adrian55555 said:

I have seen somewhere about coding in the battery status to appear on the mfd. Done a search but can't seem to find it.  Can someone point me in the right direction please. 

On 22/03/2019 at 23:56, Bap33 said:

I've only seen manual operations, but I never had any chance to see any VCDS code to make the battery status appear in the Maxi DOT. :unsure: 

I assume he talks about this popular MK7 tweak, which I've no idea if is applicable on the Superb:

============================

Battery SOC

17- Instruments
10- Adaptations
Scroll down until you see "Battery Charge" > simply change it in the new value drop down to "active" and it's done. 

To use it…..Switch the ignition off, then press (and continue to hold) the trip reset button in the middle lower of the instrument panel. It will cycle from first resetting the trip to 0 miles > show "Time" to allow you to change the clock > then keep holding until say "Battery". Release the button and display SOC for a few seconds before returning back to the main screen.

==============================

UPDATE: This is not an available option in MY19 cars, possibly even before that year.

Edited by newbie69
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, newbie69 said:

I assume he talks about this popular MK7 tweak, which I've no idea if is applicable on the Superb:

============================

Battery SOC

17- Instruments
10- Adaptations
Scroll down until you see "Battery Charge" > simply change it in the new value drop down to "active" and it's done. 

To use it…..Switch the ignition off, then press (and continue to hold) the trip reset button in the middle lower of the instrument panel. It will cycle from first resetting the trip to 0 miles > show "Time" to allow you to change the clock > then keep holding until say "Battery". Release the button and display SOC for a few seconds before returning back to the main screen.

==============================

@newbie69 Thanks a lot ! 

@Gizmo Here is something nice to add to your post "Tried and Tested" ! ;) 

8 hours ago, Bap33 said:

@newbie69 Thanks a lot ! 

No worries. Don't get too excited though as I remember some of the latest MK7/7.5 could not find this option so not sure if it's possible on the Superb either.

8 hours ago, Bap33 said:

@newbie69 Thanks a lot ! 

12 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

No worries. Don't get too excited though as I remember some of the latest MK7/7.5 could not find this option so not sure if it's possible on the Superb either.

Have you actually tried this?

I know I have tried in the past and there is no option on the Superb.

Update on 3 changes I tried today on a MY19:

1) Battery charge status >>> Not working on the Superb (I updated the post).

2) Turn off Driving mode button LED when in anything other than Normal >>> Works as described but asks for security code, 31347 worked.

3) Enabling Ingess/Egress >>> Works as described 

Edited by newbie69

is it possible open and close windows roof (panorama) via key ? What i have to changed ? 

You can close windows (and probably panoramic roof) by pressing the lock button and keep holding it.

I think you need to enable somewhere whether you want just driver window or all to open when you press the open button on the key. The roof wouldn't' open.

Comfort opening panorama roof:
09- Cent. Elect. Adaptation.
Search: SAD

SAD Richtung komfortoeffnen

Change to/check set to: tilting
SAD Komfort schliessen
Change to Active
SAD Komfort oeffnen
Change to Active

I had to change SAD Richtung komfortoeffnen to tilting for it to work. 

• Thanks 1