What did you do to your Skoda today pt2

chrisgreen

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't done it yet, but today's the day: hex front grille, Maxton front splitter, H&R 50mm springs, Whiteline rarb, and Audi TT console bushes all getting fitted... In about 3 hours, the car goes in, and hopefully by early afternoon, I'll drive it out of the workshop with the first phase of my modification plan completed.

To say I'm excited is an understatement!

Oh, and I just ordered all of the tools/materials required to give vinyl wrapping some body parts a red hot crack: I'm a rank amateur when it comes to wrapping, but for minimal outlay, I'm keen to give it a go!

Edited by MickeyB

Picked it up after getting the passenger side resprayed to remove about 200 stone chips (thanks to a grass verge being strimmed next to it I think) and some ripped lacquer (thanks to me removing vinyls).

Took my daughter to school, she slid out of her seat and put a scratch on the sill. Typical.

Got some insurance for Snetterton. And bought a funny hat.

Felt glad I did the above. It's the 3rd day I've had that feeling now.

Also got a phone call from Skoda asking when I would be able to take the car in to get the bonnet aligned. I told them not to bother...

Edited by Outofthi5world

Felt glad I did the above. It's the 3rd day I've had that feeling now.

Also got a phone call from Skoda asking when I would be able to take the car in to get the bonnet aligned. I told them not to bother...

You not getting the job done any more?

Drove the Octy to Horley last night and noticed that the Mobius is not recording so back at home I checked the camera. It has not been recording since 30 October...

Reformatted card, did a firmware update and reloaded the settings.

Popped it in the car this morning and I get the charging light but no recording.

[emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Drove the Octy to Horley last night and noticed that the Mobius is not recording so back at home I checked the camera. It has not been recording since 30 October...

Reformatted card, did a firmware update and reloaded the settings.

Popped it in the car this morning and I get the charging light but no recording.

[emoji35]

I've had problems like this with my Mobius before (don't have it fitted now, need to put it in SWMBO's car). Mine was quite fussy about the memory card I used. i used a 32GB Kingston Class 4 card, formatted in FAT32 I think. Seems to work OK.

Thanks. I am using a 32gb SanDisk but maybe need to check the class. It worked previously though?

I started off using a Sandisk card but I think it either kept getting corrupted or a firmware update broke it. They recommend using Kingston Class 4 in the manual so I just used that.

Yesterday morning - looked at it forelornly as i left work carpark with a van for the weekend to collect many things for a bridge installation tonight. It looked sad as its filthy from 2 weeks of driving it in and out of the bridge site on a stone haul road - its grey with dust and muck from it. 2more weeks of that then i can wash and scrub it all over :) pointless before that as it itd be mank again within 2hrs.

• Like 1

4 new tyres on the Mk1, then a good clean and off for its MOT- Failed, the ABS light stayed on! Wasn't on when it arrived at the garage, but stayed on all the time the MOT was being carried out.

Drove it home scanned for faults, no faults found, restarted and the ABS light went out, back to the garage. They checked and issued a Pass.

Been driving it around for the rest of the day and no problems, no other advisories, so all's good.

• Like 1

Fitted a tachometer! In the dark!

And it works!

Photo to come in better lighting conditions. :p

EDIT: Behold, the shonky RPM gauge of shonkiness. Cables wouldn't quite reach to where I wanted to put it, so it goes there; which meant that I couldn't stick it down with the gauge-pod's proper foot... so I've got a sticky cable-tie pad stuck to the top, and a cable-tie looped around the gauge. Oh well.

The backlighting of it is pretty bad, too. "Grain of wheat" bulb? More like "grain of sand" bulb...

KTDiVsz.jpg

Edited by Tamber
  • Like 1

Hoovered about 2 litres of water out of the spare wheel well, chucked the warped and mouldy hardboard cover over the spare wheel, and started trying to dry everything out enough that I can see where the hell all this water's getting in. (Probably the boot-lid seal. *sigh* It's added to the list for replacement anyway...)

Now, if only I wasn't having to try do this in the 3 minute intervals between rain arriving sideways, I'd be a little less ticked off.