Breaking VW Emissions Scandal -Mk I

Ryeman

I have to say I am disappointed in VW here. Yes the emissions tests may be tough but this is cheating. If my car were to be forcibly recalled for tweaks that meant lower general performance, I would think my car was mis-sold to me. Similarly if I had been driving around prior to the recall thinking I was being eco-friendly and found this I would also argue mis-sold.

• Like 1

?

for the EU to investigate a German Corporations US Divisions behaviour to Green Issues and Vehicle Emissions?

Probably only after Hell Freezes over!

Bigger worries right now like sorting out Humanitarian Crisis & refugees fleeing & from the United States of America & EU Countries Arming & Training Rebels, and also Training and Arming the people they are fighting and killing.

How Environmental Friendly are US / EU / UK Drones and Missiles & Transport Planes?

And this comes after the repairs/replacement to the 120,000 TFSI engines in the states due to excessive oil use,and Red bull want a reliable VAG engine to replace the Renault ?

The VW engine in the Red Bull would have good software capabilities though... :nerd:  :nerd:

• Like 2

?

for the EU to investigate a German Corporations US Divisions behaviour to Green Issues and Vehicle Emissions?

Probably only after Hell Freezes over!

Bigger worries right now like sorting out Humanitarian Crisis & refugees fleeing & from the United States of America & EU Countries Arming & Training Rebels, and also Training and Arming the people they are fighting and killing.

How Environmental Friendly are US / EU / UK Drones and Missiles & Transport Planes?

What I mean is, are EU vehicles also fitted with these devices given at one time EU emissions laws for car makers was more stringent than US levels.

Pretty sure this is still the case with Euro 6 compliance.

The Manufacturer submits the EU Test Results, and the Governments of the EU Countries already know they are fiction 

using Stop / Start,  results from a Base Model with no Options so lighter etc.

So if the EU ever get to the MOT Testing they want introduced in 4 Years time or so and the Manufactures Factory Weight, Tyres, Noise etc 

and Plug the Car in and Check if Modified From Factory Spec or the 'Declared Insurance' as a Standard car, 

and also the 'Dealer Servicing' etc, 

we will be at Euro 7 Emission time,  and the German Government were the ones helping German Manufacturers to get the EURO 7 introductions watered down and delayed.

The Manufacturer submits the EU Test Results, and the Governments of the EU Countries already know they are fiction 

using Stop / Start,  results from a Base Model with no Options so lighter etc.

So if the EU ever get to the MOT Testing they want introduced in 4 Years time or so and the Manufactures Factory Weight, Tyres, Noise etc 

and Plug the Car in and Check if Modified From Factory Spec or the 'Declared Insurance' as a Standard car, 

and also the 'Dealer Servicing' etc, 

we will be at Euro 7 Emission time,  and the German Government were the ones helping German Manufacturers to get the EURO 7 introductions watered down and delayed.

The not modified from factory spec I can see manufacturers promoting as taken literally you can only fit manufacturers parts at servicing, likewise if it comes with Pirreli tyres that's what you have to fit etc etc etc , its a licence to print money & as cars age parts prices will rise to get them off the road so you buy new ones & as many manufacturers are not selling all they can produce they have to shift new cars somehow, that's a huge huge negative on the Enviroment with all the energy used to make new cars but as always the Eurocrats cant see beyond the end of their noses

Flip the other way on performance cars you have dealer fit options after its bought, about 5 mins after will do. Anything dealer fit at present is except from its as new tests. I commented that the front number plate on my Alfa would cut through a pedestrian in an accident as it is fitted about 25mm proud of the front of the car, transpires its a dealer fit item so not on the car when tested for impact on pedestrians *( and I assume not there on the emission / mpg tests either )

• Like 1

Stuart_J

That Kite has been getting flown for years now & EU & Scandinavian Countries have been unhappy with Lax UK MOT Testing 

and Insurance Legislation.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/247696-the-eus-thoughts-on-modified-cars

Every Car / Bike forum covered this subject at the time and many other times.

Luckily we have had Members of UK Parliament, Peers & Civil Servants that are Car & Bike Enthusiasts and have stuck a Finger up to the EU 

and have not 'Assumed the Position' to get a finger up us.

Lets see what happens after the EU in / out referendum and see if the UK is in then they can do the In out with their greased gloved finger.

oh ok, I can see 'will this affect vw group Europe? It's not yeti specific so should be posted in general car chat, no?

This is not Yeti specific so has been requested to move it to General Car Chat.

Doesn't surprise me this sort of stuff goes on as these lower emission affects how well car pulls lower in the rev range, as I ve noticed mapped cars are such much nicer to drive as they pull cleanly from 1500 revs where as an unmapped car can feel really gutless below 2000 revs

• Like 1

Biggest thing here would be a hike in road tax! Could get interesting.

Wonder how it works, pressure sensor in the exhaust to detect a probe?

My understanding of how it works, from what I've read, is that the software on the car had a "defeat device" which is designed to track the parameters of the federal test procedure, recognise it is under test conditions, and cause the emission control system to underperform and therefore appear to have lower emissions. Edited by classic

From the perspective of the Asia/Pacific region I've always had the opinion that California it where the future of the car is determined because of their highly strict emissions regulations and trends that follow from them.

It's no accident that Tesla set up there and the whole alternative fuel infrastructure there will influence all manufacturers that want to sell into the U.S. market.