Breaking VW Emissions Scandal -Mk I

Ryeman

What are these fuses? Hidden gems of performance pray tell there location so I can get them out and free the horses. :notme:

What are you on with "hidden gems of performance"?

I clearly inferred power was down on what it should be. No need for hyperbole.

Apologies to those on here who disagree with the 'pointless' speculation.....

I understood that the difference between a CR140 diesel and a CR170 was merely software (feel free to put me right).

If the 140 is a little down on power in 'test' mode, presumably the 170 has to go down to the same values I.e. 30+ BHP?

The only way I can see them making the 170 'legal' if that is true, would be to bolt on an Adblue system - what effect would that have?

What are you on with "hidden gems of performance"?

I clearly inferred power was down on what it should be. No need for hyperbole.

Sorry I have my silly hat on today I will refrain from any more mindless ramblings.

I understood that the difference between a CR140 diesel and a CR170 was merely software (feel free to put me right).

Pretty sure there is more than just software involved, if I remember correctly the turbos are different although the block and injectors are the same.

That's it then lock the topic everyone can relax. Just don't let them recall your car (its not safety grounds) and leave the cheat device installed car will behave as normal.

Apologies to those on here who disagree with the 'pointless' speculation.....

If the 140 is a little down on power in 'test' mode, presumably the 170 has to go down to the same values I.e. 30+ BHP?

The only way I can see them making the 170 'legal' if that is true, would be to bolt on an Adblue system - what effect would that have?

I think it's highly unlikely they'd need an adblue system as other similar EU5 diesels do not need it and the nox limit the cars were cheating against in California is much, much lower than the EU5 limit.

It's debated what exactly the difference between the CR140 and CR170 engine is but at the very least they appear to use different turbos.

John

From HM Governments own people.

http://www.gov.uk/government/news/vw-owners-affected-by-emissions-testing-what-to-do

No idea why they keep talking Recall when usually DVSA (VOSA) Recalls are 'Safety' Related defects & 

they say this is not a Safety Issue or they did.

So maybe they have upped it to a Safety & Defect Recall that they can monitor.

So give out the Registered Keepers Contact Details to the Volkswagen Group.

No idea why they include the VW Info Website but not the Skoda, Seat or Audi ones.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/dieselinfo

• Like 1

Just called in at the dealers and the Service Department Manager put my Reg Number into there system and up came my VIN/Chassie number and my car is NOT affected with the US Cheat scandal. He showed me a list and MKIII Octavia's or MKIII Superbs are not affected.

Ring your Dealer/Service Dept and ask them to check your Reg Number for conformation 

Disclaimer: " So the Service Department Told Me "

I'm pretty sure they have not yet confirmed with dealers about which vin or models have the cheat device, auric I wouldn't count my chickens yet

Benfield Motor Group is now owned by Lookers

Vw phoned me last night due to my caustic email and a very jolly fella he was , he confirmed that vw are throwing everything to come up with a "fix" and said whatever the vehicle was worth before this debacle they would honour above this as I'm a good customer ?, they are aware of my interest in the GTE golf though ;) , however with the VED. Staying the same for our vehicles and if it's just removing the software cheat and nothing else I will keep the golf for now

Really, any talk of compulsion to have your vehicle into some garage to have someone work on it,

other than the Annual MOT in the UK, or Taxi Testing?

They will need to guarantee only qualified technicians are doing the work then.

& maybe arrange the collection and delivery of a courtesy vehicles, or the payment of expenses of vehicles being taken in.

Or maybe arrange it is done during MOT Testing before the test by suitably Qualified Technicians.

If it can be done in 1 Hour then the vehicle only needs to be in for 2 hours including the MOT.

If VW covers the MOT Fee, that would seem fair.

• Like 1

Or maybe arrange it is done during MOT Testing before the test by suitably Qualified Technicians.

If it can be done in 1 Hour then the vehicle only needs to be in for 2 hours including the MOT.

If VW covers the MOT Fee, that would seem fair.

I like that idea , I take my cars to a council run mot testing centre as they don't have any gain by failing or passing

The UK Government want this mess finished quickly, cleared up and no more talk of VOSA, DfT  or even DEFRA knowing all about Emission Test Cheats for years.

Problem might be, France, Norway, Sweden, many other Countries that a UK Vehicle might go to and have not 

had the Service Campaign work done.

But as it is the EU Type Approval and Testing is Garbage and many Countries have Visiting Vehicles that break the Traffic Acts 

that Vehicles Registered in that country are required to meet.

Foreign HGV's reach UK shores maybe on the South Coast of England and have travelled all the way to the North of Scotland before a Police Patrol might stop them because the vehicle is unsafe with thread bare tyres or the likes.

People Smuggle Contraband and Human Illegal Migrants and that is not even being policed properly 

because of lack of staff.

Sharing Data on Motoring offences in different EU counties is an Issue, so are they going to know 

by the Registration Number as a UK car travels through France or Belgium that it has had the Service Campaign work, 

and then there are those European Vehicles from the Republic of Ireland.

Anyway, there are bigger issues on the UK Governments mind right now.

Yes the German wehrmacht will come a knocking !

So long as it's not the Spanish inquisition...................

mind you no one expects the Spanish inquisition................. :x

• Like 2