VW Emissions Scandal Thread V2

Outofthi5world

^^^^ 
am i reading it wrong or is that just the usual poor Editorial oversight from Autocar.

?

Did VW not admit to the Cheating in 2015 not September 2014?

Oliver Schmid appeared for the Transport Committee as a witness in the UK on the 25th January 2016 in the Grimond Rooms, Portculus House, Westminster.

Here in October 2015 the last Transport Secretary & now a Lord & Chairman of the Conservative & Unionist Party appeared along with others 

with or without Technical Knowledge, so the Transport Select Committee wanted an Engineer in as a witness.

So Jan 2016 that was Oliver Schmid, a VW Engineer.

46 Minutes for the now Sir as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 2

Haymarket Media for you there, Publisher of Autocar, PistonHeads etc.

Owner of Test Facilities that may be the Official Ones in the UK in the Future.

Sir Micheal Heseltine owned company with so many other publications, typos are a worry really, as is the lack of investigation by UK Motoring Journals.

Haymarket Media who has as a clients the VW Group.  But then so will maybe other Media & Publishing Companies, in Advertising etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haymarket_Media

Edited by Offski

It looks to me that sales of diesels in and around the London area will cease, values will plummet and the rest of the country follow suit. When Khan's message and intentions get well known, who would buy a diesel. And who would take one in part-exchange?

A couple of months back I spent a happy half hour in a Costa (other coffee brands are available) on the Edgware Road and killed the time watching cars at the traffic lights. My empirical observation was that nearly 50% of the cars in central london are Toyota Prius and quite a few larger hybrids were evident too. Having a zero rating on the congestion zone seems to have partly banished deisels already. There were a fair number of Ferarris too by the way.

A couple of months back I spent a happy half hour in a Costa (other coffee brands are available) on the Edgware Road and killed the time watching cars at the traffic lights. My empirical observation was that nearly 50% of the cars in central london are Toyota Prius and quite a few larger hybrids were evident too. Having a zero rating on the congestion zone seems to have partly banished deisels already. There were a fair number of Ferarris too by the way.

I don't doubt for one moment what you say but did not the latest readings for Oxford Street ? say the permitted pollution for London for the whole year had been used up in the first few days, which means the Prius's are not being very effective and the pollution can't be put down to the Ferraris despite Edgware Road and Marble Arch areas are very largely inhabited by persons from the Middle East, and who we know have loads of money, much of which they spend on exotic cars.

The issue on Oxford St is buses and taxis as I mentioned earlier...

Referring to a link given earlier ( http://www.thetimes....uses-mmccts3qm ) just as well cars are not generally allowed in Oxford Street as the situation would be even much worse, although one does see cars using Oxford Street, especially posers who seemingly wish to be seen in their expensive cars.

News today that the VAG cheat started in 2006 by Audi and has been covered up since then from the very top,I think the Fiat/Chrysler cheat is slightly different but yes it's still cheating.

Edited by Sad555

The Fiat issues in the USA seems to just be on one engine in Jeeps and Dodge pick ups. I've read the UK has asked for any details of models sold here.

Other than Renault getting raided while back I hadn't heard of that but considering how widely their engines are used that could be big.

The Fiat issues in the USA seems to just be on one engine in Jeeps and Dodge pick ups. I've read the UK has asked for any details of models sold here.

Other than Renault getting raided while back I hadn't heard of that but considering how widely their engines are used that could be big.

BMW okay mate? MB etc..... Tata Jaguar /Landrover.......

• well at least the USA is making plenty of billions$$$$$$$ out of all this and will help sell more V8 petrols and possibly give them time and money to devolope a good clean diesel

• Like 1

• well at least the USA is making plenty of billions$$$$$$$ out of all this and will help sell more V8 petrols and possibly give them time and money to devolope a good clean diesel

Music to the ears of soon to be President' , the Great Donald T .(Businessman?) . TOO BIG TO FAIL and take all the banks with you!

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

BMW okay mate? MB etc..... Tata Jaguar /Landrover.......

Seems to date after MB split from fiat. But thb in the in it'll be more surprising who isn't in the firing line rather than who is I think

• Like 1

So nothing with the Renault engines in Mercedes or the Fiat in Suzuki.

Still waiting for any mention anyplace on Suzuki buying back its final shares from VW overnight as the Emissions Scandal was about to be made public and was it Toyota that lent 

the money to Suzuki to do it.