10 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Unfortunately Pete I have to agree with you. Skoda customer service is very poor indeed. In fact in all the brands of car I've dealt with over the years they are far and away the worst. You can't win them all I suppose.

Hi Rainmaker & Pete,

Having recently retired from the motor trade I can honestly say that compared to Citroen, Skoda customer care? is light years ahead, however, they'd (Skoda) would have to improve by 100% just to become abysmal!

Having spent over 40 years with Volkswagen Group vehicles, from a dealer perspective, I know the frustrations of dealing with the various marques.

HOWEVER, there is a way with Volkswagen Group to get your complaint across, firstly register your concern/complaint with the relevant brand's Customer care dept (& yes they are all run separately, god knows why!) secondly, & perhaps more importantly, go to your dealer & request that they raise a DISS report (I have no idea what DISS stands for, suffice to say that it's a German acronym) re your complaint/concern. In all probability the dealer will try to fob you off, but be persistent, even state that you will contact Skoda & complain that they won't raise a DISS report on your behalf, The dealer cannot refuse to raise a DISS report. It is mandatory for them to raise one for every warranty issue, now here's the best bit...it's NOT confined to warranty issues! & it can be used for design issues, software issues, customer concerns etc. Either customer or dealer raised. & what's even better! As soon as a DISS report is raised (even if the report is incomplete), they all are electronically transmitted, in real time, to a central processing department in Wolfsburg Germany & bypasses ALL the customer care departments in EVERY country worldwide! They will then ask the customer care dept if there is anything reported by the customer (relevant to the VIN number of the car) & what, if anything have they done about it.

If enough customers request a DISS report raised for this issue, VAG HQ in Wolfsburg will most certainly instruct Skoda to sort it out without delay!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips on here. I believe I have finally loaded my old Garmin favourites onto my Superb Amundsen satnav. Thanks to this thread I also discovered the "Select Categories for POI's" that is not really clearly advertised. I've ticked a few boxes for certain categories that are relevant to me. Next question, should they now appear in a file somewhere that I can then scroll through and select an address? I get that little symbols will appear on the map but I need to get close to the symbol in the first place! I'm so close, help would be appreciated as I am sure I am one tick of a box from solving cracking this satnav issue.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2017 at 20:45, bomski said:

Here's my attempt at a guide for loading speed camera locations on the Amundsen; please feel free to make any comments / suggestions and I can always try to improve it.

custom-poi-loading.pdf

Excellent, thank you very much for that Bomski, I'll give it a try.

Hi Chaps, just waiting for my first Superb, does using this POI thingy mean you can get a list of speed cameras on the satnav as you drive?   Do you have to search for them?  Or do you get proper warnings?   Cheers! :)

1 hour ago, chrisoverson said:

Hi Chaps, just waiting for my first Superb, does using this POI thingy mean you can get a list of speed cameras on the satnav as you drive?   Do you have to search for them?  Or do you get proper warnings?   Cheers! :)

Read this and/or that. It already answers those questions.

Chrisoverson

Speed cams are shown on screen. Warning "Pings" can be enabled at the point of POI file creation on the VW website BillyJim refers to above.  The "Ping" comes in over the top of any existing audio.

8 hours ago, BillyJim said:

Read this and/or that. It already answers those questions.

6 minutes ago, Smudgers said:

Chrisoverson

Speed cams are shown on screen. Warning "Pings" can be enabled at the point of POI file creation on the VW website BillyJim refers to above.  The "Ping" comes in over the top of any existing audio.

Thanks for that guys :).    Will give this a go as soon as the new motor arrives!

Edited by chrisoverson

• 1 month later...

VW POI Site is broken!

Hi guys. I've just been to the VW POI site to create a new POI list with my latest speed cam updates from Pocket GPS and found that the site no longer works!!

The usual web-page link ( http://www.volkswagen.de/de/navigation/discover-pro/poi-listen-sammlung.html ) refused to load.

I've found a new page which when put through Google translate appears to be a new version of the old page ( https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/de-de/infotainment/downloads-nav-companion ) with the same functionality BUT clicking on the buttons has no effect. I've tried in Internet Explorer and Edge but same result in both.

As the Skoda POI update as never worked this now leaves us with no way of loading POIs to the nav system.

I just can't understand why Skoda has still not fixed their site, it's been broken for at least 2 years.

Can anyone get the new VW site to work ??

VW_POI_Website_Translation_Capture.JPG

Edited by Rifleman
Attached google translation

1 hour ago, Rifleman said:

VW POI Site is broken!

Hi guys. I've just been to the VW POI site to create a new POI list with my latest speed cam updates from Pocket GPS and found that the site no longer works!!

The usual web-page link ( http://www.volkswagen.de/de/navigation/discover-pro/poi-listen-sammlung.html ) refused to load.

I've found a new page which when put through Google translate appears to be a new version of the old page ( https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/de-de/infotainment/downloads-nav-companion ) with the same functionality BUT clicking on the buttons has no effect. I've tried in Internet Explorer and Edge but same result in both.

As the Skoda POI update as never worked this now leaves us with no way of loading POIs to the nav system.

I just can't understand why Skoda has still not fixed their site, it's been broken for at least 2 years.

Go to the first page of this thread. Find my 'how to' entry dated 8th March.

The link in Step 2 is the one you want.

1 hour ago, Rifleman said:

VW POI Site is broken!

Rifleman, Yes you are correct the buttons don't work, it is very frustrating.

@BillyJim your link did work originally but it won't now.

I've been experimenting with the Skoda My Destinations portal.

None of my POI  .kmz files from Google Earth will import. The site processes them but the resulting POI set contains zero entries.

I looked around for POI format converters and finally found 1 that will convert .kmz files to various POI file formats.

Tried a few formats until I found that by converting my .kmz files to .gpx files the Skoda portal will now recognise and process them correctly, the resulting POI set now contains the correct number of entries ! ;0)

I've also downloaded the speed cam database from Pocket GPS world in .gpx format and that is accepted and processed too! ;0) ;0)

Now, do I have the courage to try to upload the data to my Columbus..... :0|

I'll get back to you.

Capture.JPG

3 minutes ago, Rifleman said:

I've been experimenting with the Skoda My Destinations portal.

None of my POI  .kmz files from Google Earth will import. The site processes them but the resulting POI set contains zero entries.

I looked around for POI format converters and finally found 1 that will convert .kmz files to various POI file formats.

Tried a few formats until I found that by converting my .kmz files to .gpx files the Skoda portal will now recognise and process them correctly, the resulting POI set now contains the correct number of entries ! ;0)

I've also downloaded the speed cam database from Pocket GPS world in .gpx format and that is accepted and processed too! ;0) ;0)

Now, do I have the courage to try to upload the data to my Columbus..... :0|

I'll get back to you.

Capture.JPG

I have been using .gpx files from the start. The Skoda portal processes them fine but the file it then gives you to put on an SD card and import onto my Columbus is not recognised when inserted in the car.

I only hope you can make it work!

On 11/09/2017 at 09:56, l4wrence said:

Yes I have now successfully used it on Firefox, just not sure why it won't work on other browsers.

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:27, Hozz said:

Yes I have now successfully used it on Firefox, just not sure why it won't work on other browsers.

Yes, this new link works for me too, using .kmz, .asc under Internet Explorer. Thanks l4wrence.

Hey Guys

Trying to get speed cameras into my MY18 Superb. I have followed it to the word to create speed cameras mentioned here. The link I used to generate the file was http://webspecial.volkswagen.de/infotainment/de/de/manuals/nav-companion.html?d1=discoverpro&type=poiNavigation

1) The downloaded zip file has a file called metainfo2.txt (instead of metainfo.txt)

2) Formatted SD card in FAT32

3) Put it in SD Card2 Slot

4) Going via version information and update - says no data found - also tried update POI option in nav settings but fails

5) After checking the SD card again this time there is a new file in the card WMPInfo.xml made by the car - so I am assuming it searched the SD card correctly

6) Renamed metainfo2.txt to metainfo.txt on the root folder and tried again - failed

7) Also used the update POI option in nav settings but that also fails. 

What am I doing wrong here? 

Edited by its

2 minutes ago, its said:

Trying to get speed cameras into my MY18 Superb. I have followed it to the word to create speed cameras mentioned here

Did you follow the link to Rifleman's post at the bottom of my post?

The version of the metainfo2.txt file created on the VW site no longer works with Columbus. You need to download and replace it on the SD Card with this version  - thank @Rifleman for that, not me.

Also delete the WMPInfo.xml file. It's merely a pointer to a Windows Media Player database created by Columbus.

As Columbus didn't recognise the card as a "software update" - maps or POI - it scanned the card for multimedia and will probably still treat it as a multimedia card if you don't delete the file.

• 1 month later...

oI have been trying to use the VW site to make the compatible pois, but the weblink now just redirects to a new webpage in german about the VW infotainment sytems.  It looks like you need to now sign up to the vw car-net to access it.  I have tried it in chrome, firefox, IE and edge, and they all now lead to this new page.  

26 minutes ago, roo said:

oI have been trying to use the VW site to make the compatible pois, but the weblink now just redirects to a new webpage in german about the VW infotainment sytems.  It looks like you need to now sign up to the vw car-net to access it.  I have tried it in chrome, firefox, IE and edge, and they all now lead to this new page.  

Try this link

• Like 1

I just uploaded a CSV file with bitmap for speed cameras using the Skoda Connect website. But I can't get warnings for cameras I'm approaching - do you get that working using this other method?