Hill Assist

aesmidz

Aesmidz I have the same spec car took delivery Jan 14. I did specify hill hold on the purchase and I was led to believe it was a simple case of activating it, for a fee of course! Paid about £40 I think.

Edited by Raptor

I have asked my dealer / seller (Skoda Coventry) of my car to enable this function, they said they had to contact Skoda for a reply to this request, I have since been contacted to say it cannot be enabled

Most disappointing

I have asked my dealer / seller (Skoda Coventry) of my car to enable this function, they said they had to contact Skoda for a reply to this request, I have since been contacted to say it cannot be enabled

Most disappointing

Just because a dealers say that doesn't mean it true. The part number you gave earlier (1K0 614 517) sounds like the pump part number rather than the electronics module it's attached to.

A VCDS autoscan will make it completely clear if this can or can't be done for your ABS unit. A local member will probably do it for a beer or two :)

When did Hill Assist start? Is it likely to be available on a 2008 model (if it has the correct parts) or is that too old?

I think a 2008 might be too old, it may use a MK60 rather than the MK60EC1. Same advice as above, grab a VCDS autoscan and that'll confirm it!

Most disappointing

As Langers and myself said earlier in the post do a VCDS scan and post what it says for the ABS module. When I had HHC done I also had XDS enabled which isn't even an option from Skoda on the Superb!!!! I think the only car that Skoda give XDS as an option on is the Octavia vRS. Edited by WaveyDavey

Thanks for reply. Getting a guy to look at it early next week, I'll show him your comments / recommendations, and let u know how it goes. Thanks for help and support. This issue is spoiling a great car, can't believe how it rolls back when lifting foot from Brake to accelerator with stop start activated.

Is your 2015 model a Superb II or Superb III? It is on the options list for a Superb II L&K. Skoda could have easily activated it on all their cars but they need to make money too.

I have your spec with 4x4 and activated it myself.

hill assist & XDS enabled!!!!!!!!!!

by a very helpful brisoka member!

So much for my Seller/Dealer who said it cant be done

There ya go.... Glad you got it sorted.

I really like this forum  :sun: 
Think I will need to upgrade my vag com to a newer one for my new Superb and start to see what I can do to her.... :rock:

• 6 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm based in Drogheda, Ireland and just taken delivery of a 2014 (August build) 2.0 170bhp dsg diesel l&k combi and it has almost every extra bar one or two things and like most on this forum it came as a surprise that hill control was either not equipped or not working on my car. The manual would suggest that this comes as standard so I booked it in to the dealer for them to have a look at this along with the dsg as I think it needs to be set back to learn mode considering it would have adopted to the driving style of the previous owner.

The dealer was very helpful and I even went out for a drive with the technician who agreed that it should have hhc and we even tested on a very steep hill and to his surprise it rolled back. He said he would check to see what my car came equipped with from the factory and if it had it then he would investigate why it wasn't working. To my surprise yet again he called to say that my car didn't come with hhc and nothing more they could do. I'm almost convinced that the car does have it but being a main dealer and this being sold as an optional extra I'm guessing that even if it did the dealer would not be willing to admit this and enable it.

So to my fello briskodians, is there anyone who could tell me how to set the dsg into learn mode (forgot to mention it has kessy with start/stop) and is there anyone based in IRE that has the latest VCDS that would be willing to run a scan and if I have the appropriate ABS module, enable hhc and xds if that too is available?

I know this is a long winded post and many have asked the same question over and over but this is my first post and my recent purchase has been a big one in 10yrs since I bought my octavia so really want to get the most out of this and continue enjoying the skoda brand.

Thx

Colum

I have VCDS but I'm in Limerick. If you were passing I could do it for you but it's probably not worth the drive down here for that alone. I'm sure there's someone around Dublin that has it if you put out some feelers.

Thx for the offer chimaera, I might take you up on your offer as I might have a trip to cork in the next week so if you are around on the day I could take a detour and swing by.

If it makes you feel any better I have HH and while its great in normal driving its not perfect. It doesn’t help if you are say, reversing into a parallel park on a steep hill. You’ll still need your handbrake skills.

Mine works fine when reverse parking uphill..... Not had an issue at all either parking myself or with the park assist.

• Like 1