Potential New Yeti Owner

Simon-R

I have now had my Superb for 3 months and love it, the wife is now looking to change her car (Currently a Toyota Yaris - but its too small) we are thinking of getting a 1.2 manual Yetl Outdoor SE-L with Spare Wheel, DAB & Mirror Link. 

We have a test drive booked next week, is there anything that I have missed from the options list that is a must have for a Yeti. 

Make sure you really want the spare.

It's one of the things only you can decide and if you say no and have a problem the goo can't fix you'll be in a pickle.

Check the boots if possible on a Yeti with and without as you do lose A LOT of space with a spare fitted.

My first Yeti didn't have a spare and when I ordered my current one I did.

If I was ordering now I wouldn't order the spare. Personal choice and I know many will disagree.

• Like 1

Is your wife a technophobe,

1. Yes: Buy with all the options you can afford excluding *

2. No: Buy a standard vehicle.

* IMHO don't bother with, panoramic roof, leather seats, park assist, mdi socket and possibly the spare wheel. 

If you intend keeping for more than 3 years spend the extra saved on extended warranty.

OR source a high spec Elegance with low mileage and save yourself a fortune.

Edited by DonjSZ5

I have now had my Superb for 3 months and love it, the wife is now looking to change her car (Currently a Toyota Yaris - but its too small) we are thinking of getting a 1.2 manual Yetl Outdoor SE-L with Spare Wheel, DAB & Mirror Link. 

We have a test drive booked next week, is there anything that I have missed from the options list that is a must have for a Yeti. 

Enjoy the test drive.

Would your wife actually change the wheel if she had a puncture?

Check that your phones will connect with Mirror Link; waste of money if they won't!

Personally I'd go for an electrically heated windscreen and washer jets.

• Like 1

Check that your phones will connect with Mirror Link; waste of money if they won't!

Personally I'd go for an electrically heated windscreen and washer jets.

Like This

Good advice heated screen is great extra to have

specs/options are such individual choices.

our must-haves were manual handbrake, spare wheel, sun roof and sat nav.

maybe it's an age thing (retired and no mobile phone)

(no doubt my children and grandchildren would spec differently, thinking as they do that when people retire, they move to Eastbourne and then when they are dead, they move on to Bexhill)

• Like 1

The SEL is highly specced with leather and the really excellent xenon headlights .

The only extra I added to my SEL was the reversing camera for £300 ,excellent.

I re-fitted the spare wheel from a previous yeti (I wouldn't be without a spare,but that's probably psychological and my age.)

The yeti is very short and has an excellent turning circle.

I wouldn't bother with front parking sensors,or a heated windscreen again (I had them all in a previous L&K...Would you really need that in Oxfordshire?)

Take a long test drive....Enjoy. :yes:

Top spec can help in future resale value and the spare wheel option is so very useful (youl never know when and where you will get a puncture).

Sent from "the sunshine coast". :sun: soon to be twinned with a leading stair lift company.

I still don't have my heated front windscreen but being retired

its not so important now. I would like a set of Skoda Roof Rails

for those bulky purchases :D and rubber mats which I have. 

Living as we do, up on the north east coast, it can get very cold up here,  and so the heated seats of my new Yeti SEL, coming next week, will be very welcome to a retired old softie like me.

Incidentally, a spare wheel is a must for me, otherwise it means a new tyre every time you use the goo. ...........expensive!!!

John

Edited by Pictishloon

Thanks for the replies so far, Will compare boot space with and without spare wheel. If the wife gets a puncture I will get the call to change wheel :D. Heated Screen, although I have it on my Superb along with Heated Washer jets the Wife wont really need them. Smartlink works with our phones, I used it in a Fabia loan car I had yesterday and it is really very good.

Thinking of Quartz Grey for the exterior with Black Leather Interior.

I wouldn't be without the spare wheel and think front sensors are actually quite useful but not so sure about park assist. I have the heated windscreen but probably used it no more than half a dozen times in three years. Rubber mats make a lot of sense and the Skoda ones are so cheap it's not worth looking at alternatives and if you are planning to keep the car for more than three years the extra two years warranty buys a lot of peace of mind for not a lot of money (and might even pay for itself at trade in if you do change at three years). You might want to think about mudflaps - they are a long way from perfect but I think the consensus is they are better than nothing. Oh and the sunroof is nice although pricey.

I owned a manual 1.2 for 2 years but became frustrated with the constant changing of the 6 gear box. I upgraded to the automatic before Christmas which is an excellent gearbox and would suggest your wife will be much happier with that particularly if she drives frequently in town traffic

Personally I wouldn’t pay extra for the sunroof.

But for us the electric drivers seat (for the better lumbar support) is a must in any car as are heated seats (great to sooth a bad back), spare wheel (which Škoda assist will change if I am not local), SWMBO loves the heated screen even for the few times she has needed it.

Try not to compete it to your S3 too much as you have to remember the tech inside is now quite old and due to be upgraded when the MKII comes out.

Alternatively you could buy through a broker and tick every option and still save a fortune over most dealer prices for a std car.

The yeti will be my next car (unless ernie or lotto help out).

After reading lots of very useful comments on briskoda (some good some bad) I would buy one tomorrow but in l&k trim.

seems a decent car :clap: 

I tested the 1.2 in both manual and DSG forms, and bought the DSG. It feels as if the two bits of kit (engine and gearbox) are designed to work seemlessly together, whereas the manual involved a lot more work - for overtaking as well as in stop-start traffic.

The SEL spec was pretty decent, though I added sat nav (which is not brilliant), SmartLink (which is), heated windscreen and spare tyre. I'd get the same extras again.

I would have been tempted by the sunroof but it felt too expensive to justify. I got the Gobi sand interior instead, which really lightens the inside of the car.

Paul

Edited by NorfolkBor

I ticked a LOT of options on mine but regret having missed:

- Fold flat front passenger seat

- Front parking sensors

Of the ones I DID tick I'd very much have again:

- Panoramic Sunroof

- Spare Wheel (rear end shunt would have written off the car & probably killed our dog if it hadn't have been for this)

- Load Net - probably the single best item on the car

Of the ones I DID tick but probably wouldn't bother with next time:

- 12 speaker system - it's great but the 8 speaker setup is just fine

- Picnic tables - never use them

- MDI - it's a great system but the new ones come with USB now

Only option I wished I had added was the heated front screen. As the car is left out overnight all year, in the winter you do get condensation on the inside of the screen until the sun comes out. Not a problem if stored in a garage I guess, but strangely I have not had condensation in any other cars I have had. Only happens on cold nights but can take a while to clear using just the heater and air con do de humidify the screen.