Top Gear Starts Sunday BBC2, 20.00hrs

Baby steps mate, baby steps

The problem is all of the presenters were given 1 year contracts except Evans who is on a 3 year contract.

The problem is all of the presenters were given 1 year contracts except Evans who is on a 3 year contract.

Hopefully there's a performance clause in there. If the show gets bad ratings they can get rid.

I turned over to see the end of the F1 race as they were yanks and I'd no idea who they were. Never seen Chris Harris or the other guy with the Focus but both were good. Much better more car stuff than 'entertainment'

Loads better. Think they got the formula nearly right although that rallycross track is getting very boring. Not the first Ken Block feature but definitely the better one.

• Like 1

I quite enjoyed this weeks episode although I still think they try to cram too much into an episode. Weird that they didn't put the Golf R or RS3 into the mix with the Focus.

Same amount of features as usual I think it's because they're spending too much time with celebs in the middle. The hatch review felt like one more section actually now I think about it but it was welcomed. Wouldn't be a problem without the celeb car claptrap which is becoming bogus. Rest of it v good though.

Na, still crap, I'm going to stop watching it now it's had 3 chances, Chris was still shouting, they just seamed to have turned his mic down a bit instead, the Ken Block part was just crap.

Oh, where are we going?

Shortcut.

Where are we going now? Another shortcut?

There's some guy playing a piano, let's throw some coins at him like a disrespectful pair of ****s.

Just boring monotone scripted lines and no real content, so what? a car drifted round a city for a bit. Big wow.

And the "Stars" in the rally-cross car was just rubbish, again.

The one bit I did like though was the Ferrari review, although improvements could have been made but still, that was alright.

Will watch Ep3 tonight - but I hated ep1, mainly Chris Evans, but trying to get him and LeBlanc to do a challenge together when they seem to hardly know eachother was a mistake. I was skipping it 1 min at a time, bored silly, Extra Gear ep1 was great, love Chris Harris.

Ep2 was much better than 1, less shouting, more actually funny parts.

It has potential, but they need to stop trying to be old TG and have some ideas.

I thought the third episode wasn't bad at all really. More entertaining and this time I did know exactly who the stars were and like them both. Bit odd that they have to introduce themselves but otherwise, a better episode. Sabine is obviously a very very good driver.

Sabine is obviously a very very good driver.

and clearly more than a little nuts.

I quite liked the Ken Block bit, nonsense but car related nonsense. I see the bit at the Cenotaph was sensibly left on the cutting room floor.

I think Ken was playing the 'evil driver' bit hence chucking coins at the bloke on the piano.

Not that it's relevant, but viewing figures for last night dropped to 2.4 million.