vRS230 to be dropped very soon..

• Administrators

I intend to buy a 230 for the new Irish plate in January, after seeing this thread I spoke to my dealer, he Inturn spoke to skoda Ireland who contacted the factory and the RS230 isn't being discontinued (in Ireland anyway) and they also said that the octavia gets a FL in week 2 of 2017.

That's good to know. It does potentially leave the door open for the future then. The regional market differences are always going to be a nightmare when this sort of thing breaks.

My dealer has just confirmed it too, but assures me my order is ok...Also dropping the VRS 4x4 DSG !

So perhaps residuals will be better on these too :)

If they do drop the vRS 4x4 DSG, hope they don't bring in a manual version instead - as I'm having to 'put up' with this flipping DSG box on my 4WD vRS and would much rather of had a manual !

• Like 1

I'd honestly wait for a reliable source to confirm the 4x4 TDi vRS is being dropped. It's probably my next car, unless I can find a good deal on a Golf R Estate come change time.

I'd honestly wait for a reliable source to confirm the 4x4 TDi vRS is being dropped. It's probably my next car, unless I can find a good deal on a Golf R Estate come change time.

I heard it through my dealer too..

If they do drop the vRS 4x4 DSG, hope they don't bring in a manual version instead - as I'm having to 'put up' with this flipping DSG box on my 4WD vRS and would much rather of had a manual !

Im quite sure that no manual version will be available. None of the higher powered 4x4s from Skoda has manual transmission (1.8tsi and 184diesel).

well I just been and done it! ordered a 230 estate in Corrida red, only options I gone for was reversing camera and dual level boot floor. it has everything else I would ever need to be honest!

Mark.

Very wisely picking the best colour option... Congratulations

• Like 1

We (SWMBO & I ) feel that the R is a better drive than any Octy 3 vRS that we've managed to test, but it is a wee bit smaller inside.

Compared to her old vRS Octy 2 FL hatch, the Golf estate boot is notably smaller, but there is more elbow room inside, probably 'cos it's a bit wider than the Octy 2.

Since we've kept my Superb we're happy to have the Golf, otherwise we would have bought a Superb 3 estate, 'cos it does seem to be a nicer car than the Octy 3.

We've always wanted to like the current Octy, but could never persuade ourselves to buy one. Strange........

DC 

Well, I didnt pull the trigger on the 230 (not because of service, Paul was brilliant and I will be contacting him again).

Having zero equity in the car (see my other thread) meant that going for another PCP was pointless (there is an argument that the 230 *may* hold value better, but we have no guarantee), so that meant the leasing route - Given that it was the 11th hour, organising a lease that quickly wasnt something I was comfortable with.

No problem, I'll pick up the 280 ;)

• Like 1

Exactly the same sniperpenquin we were going through pch with simpsons but due to be in darkest depths of Cornwall only got very poor phone signal so contact was hit and missed, it all felt to rushed, am gutted tho

My dealer contacted me to tell me the 230 and 4x4 orders were being stopped, due to wanting to clear out prior to the facelift. He said nothing of 'dropped' just no more orders to allow run out of parts as the build dates would clash. Just how radical this facelift will be, in terms of model line up, remains to be seen. The rest of the discussion here is pure conjecture!

My dealer contacted me to tell me the 230 and 4x4 orders were being stopped, due to wanting to clear out prior to the facelift. He said nothing of 'dropped' just no more orders to allow run out of parts as the build dates would clash. Just how radical this facelift will be, in terms of model line up, remains to be seen. The rest of the discussion here is pure conjecture!

I am not saying thats not true, but its a little strange as all the parts are used on other models still being made, ie scout for the 4x4 and the 220 VRS. Its only the diff and the ecu map that are different to the normal VRS. The diff is the same as the one in the golf GTi pp but they are still making them, i am sure we will find out in time the reasons why.

I'm not doubting what any of you are saying here, but why are Skoda Ireland going to continue to allow orders but skoda uk aren't? I find that very strange. Same factory etc