Octavia III Facelift

Tar and Feather me if you like, but the more I see the new front, the more I like it...

I agree, you get used to it. But facelifts usually mean that the pre-facelift model feels old. This one doesn't have that effect on me.

I have always thought that the Octavia has been a boring looking car but this facelift is just plain ugly. I think I would go for a pre face lift version. In fact I have been enquiringly about a SE Sport 1.6 TDi in Corrida Red. I find as I get older I dislike change in cars. Too much screen technology in cars, when you aren't used to it, means less time with your eyes on the road where it matters.

PH blurb says "15mm lower and 30mm wider rear track". seems they've noticed that lots of folks are fitting eibachs and spacers :)

230bhp as standard now (not a surprise really) but no mention of the diff - maybe they're still going to hold that back just for the "special" models?

Edited by rob_e

PH blurb says "15mm lower and 30mm wider rear track". seems they've noticed that lots of folks are fitting eibachs and spacers :)

230bhp as standard now (not a surprise really) but no mention of the diff - maybe they're still going to hold that back just for the "special" models?

In the 4th main paragraph, it mentions the vRS will lack the diff. Also mentions in the 6th para, the possibility of a more powerful 2.0 tsi engine (180kw), without formal confirmation.

read it twice, still can't see where it says that ?!

I've cut and pasted from the 'translated' page!

'In the future appears as an enhanced variant of the four-cylinder 2.0 TSI with 180 kW. Skoda Auto, however, does not yet officially informed. As we mentioned earlier, this should be the absolute top of the menu - nothing stronger, thus, for example, a competitor Volkswagen Golf R, according to our information Mlada Boleslav automaker in this model prepared.'

Edited by Isocrem
  • Like 1

I've cut and pasted from the 'translated' page!

'In the future appears as an enhanced variant of the four-cylinder 2.0 TSI with 180 kW. Skoda Auto, however, does not yet officially informed. As we mentioned earlier, this should be the absolute top of the menu - nothing stronger, thus, for example, a competitor Volkswagen Golf R, according to our information Mlada Boleslav automaker in this model prepared.'

ok, so i guess that's about 245ish bhp? so based on that, i'd assume towards the end of the facelift we'll see a car with the diff and same power as a performance pack GTI (ie same approach as they took for the 230).

Rob is that not just 15mm lower than the standard models as per current vRS? 

Wider track is interesting though - has the current vRS a wider track than standard models?

• Like 1

Rob is that not just 15mm lower than the standard models as per current vRS? 

Wider track is interesting though - has the current vRS a wider track than standard models?

the PH text says it's lower than the old (current vRS): "For the chassis, Skoda says this car is 15mm lower and 30mm wider at the rear track than the old vRS"

not aware that a current vRS has a wider track than a regular model (although wider tyres maybe). I would expect for the new car they have the same mechanical setup but the vRS now gets wheels with a lower offset.

• Like 1