Error service: leave vehicle only when selector in position p

I too had this error on my car. At first I always thought it was just a beep but then it caught my eye and flashed. The flashing happened randomly but I got it to my dealers attention everytime it happend and had him note the time and odometer reading. That way he was able to confirm the flash was an error when he logged the car in on his ODIS.

Replaced the selector switch assembly and so far have clocked over 3k Kms and its all fine.

• 2 months later...
On 16.08.2017 at 18:41, dunc69 said:

Good luck. Make sure they don't fob you off - there's a technical bulletin about this fault. 

Cheers. 

Hi dunc69!

Would you please tell me bit more bout the bulletin? Should the dealership replace the assembly for free? (My car is 1 year after the warranty).

Here in Spain they offered me to pay almost 1000 Euro...

On 17.08.2017 at 14:50, susi said:

Thanks Dunc.

It's a good dealership and bad reputations travel fast here. I'll get them to fix it.

Hi susi!

Were you able to fix the car for free?

Thank you all!

@Berson there is another thread on here (do a search) with all the details of the bulletin. 

Edit: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18199

If you are out of warranty, I think you may struggle to get it fixed for free. 

But, it is a known fault with a specified fix (new DSG gear assembly) so you should definitely push for a dealer and a Skoda contribution to the repair. Make sure you push for this. 

Good luck! 

Edited by dunc69

The replaced the shifter for me and now after few months I have another error (happened only few times during that period), I think its a different error now, but the error happens for fast that I havent been able to read it once. And the error always happens while the car engine is  turned off and I open the door. If this brakes down after warranty, I am going to sell the car, cause  I am tired of this crap.

5 hours ago, toni8b said:

The replaced the shifter for me and now after few months I have another error (happened only few times during that period), I think its a different error now, but the error happens for fast that I havent been able to read it once. And the error always happens while the car engine is  turned off and I open the door. If this brakes down after warranty, I am going to sell the car, cause  I am tired of this crap.

Sorry to hear that. Try to ID the new error because you will probably find s’one else has had the same before and there will be a solution. 

Are you still in warranty now?

Selling and changing will probably cost you more than resolving your issue. 

10 hours ago, dunc69 said:

@Berson there is another thread on here (do a search) with all the details of the bulletin. 

Edit: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18199

If you are out of warranty, I think you may struggle to get it fixed for free. 

But, it is a known fault with a specified fix (new DSG gear assembly) so you should definitely push for a dealer and a Skoda contribution to the repair. Make sure you push for this. 

Good luck! 

Thank you! I will try )

16 hours ago, dunc69 said:

Sorry to hear that. Try to ID the new error because you will probably find s’one else has had the same before and there will be a solution. 

Are you still in warranty now?

Selling and changing will probably cost you more than resolving your issue. 

The hell with the errors when dealers cant see anything on their diagnostic tools whenever I came to visit. And they are already sick of me as I am of them.  I am not sure why my OBDeleven see these errors and they dont.

• 1 month later...
On 08/11/2017 at 21:57, Berson said:

Hi susi!

Were you able to fix the car for free?

Thank you all!

Just had a service. They said the "Workshop" pop-up was due to two service codes:

P034100 Camshaft position sensor.

C111204 Haldex clutch pump.

The codes were in the log but not "current", so they think it could be faulty sensors.

My vRS does this maybe every 2 weeks (randomly) for the last year or so - not had it looked at yet, but it flashes this warning when driving for a second or so hence never got chance to photograph it and took a while to sus what it was saying, as it clears very quickly. Car is now 93k miles into 100k extended warranty, so might get this looked at i reckon.

1 hour ago, Exeterj said:

My vRS does this maybe every 2 weeks (randomly) for the last year or so - not had it looked at yet, but it flashes this warning when driving for a second or so hence never got chance to photograph it and took a while to sus what it was saying, as it clears very quickly. Car is now 93k miles into 100k extended warranty, so might get this looked at i reckon.

Get it sorted. New gear shift assembly. 

Skoda are well aware of this problem. 

Good luck! 

• 2 months later...

Octavia VRs 4x4 (2016) and mine has started doing the same thing the last week or so. Until today, it flashed up so quickly, I could not read it. Was on for about 2 secs today. My guess is some bug or electrical?

On 26/02/2018 at 08:57, Front 242 said:

Octavia VRs 4x4 (2016) and mine has started doing the same thing the last week or so. Until today, it flashed up so quickly, I could not read it. Was on for about 2 secs today. My guess is some bug or electrical?

Update: car gone into local dealer today and................. new gear selector needed. 4-5 hrs labour. Good job under warranty.

Dealer claiming it has never had any of these  before. :wondering:

^^^ ? Who was that at the dealership,

a receptionist on the Service Desk the Service Manager or the Master Tech that has been qualified for more than a month?

If you ask the Dealer Principal if their Dealership workshop has had in a vehicle with the same issue i doubt you will be told that there never has been.

This has appeared on so many VW Group forums. Clearly a problem with a switch on the lever itself and VW has very obviously known about it for some time. And said nothing...

• 1 month later...

Not sure what you mean, but the gear lever assembly needs replacing. 

If you are in warranty, Skoda will sort it for you. Well known issue now. 

Good luck. 

On 15/04/2018 at 14:26, dunc69 said:

Not sure what you mean, but the gear lever assembly needs replacing. 

If you are in warranty, Skoda will sort it for you. Well known issue now. 

Good luck. 

Thanks

I work at a dealership but not been there long and no one seems to know about it! Can't seem to find a tpi for it either!

31 minutes ago, VAGGAZ said:

Thanks

I work at a dealership but not been there long and no one seems to know about it! Can't seem to find a tpi for it either!

Par for the course...

...TPI? Known issue? Nope!

"No one else has ever had this problem sir..."

:dry:

As per my post (#18)on page 1 if this thread, 

VCDS should show:

Address 16: Steering wheel 

1 Fault Found:

617752 - Selector Lever Park Position Lock Switch 

B1162 29 [008] - Signal Implausible. 

@VAGGAZIf this doesn’t help, ask your dealer (boss) to call Blade Bristol, because they recognised the fault after I dug in my heels somewhat and fixed it under warranty. 

13 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

@VAGGAZIf this doesn’t help, ask your dealer (boss) to call Blade Bristol, because they recognised the fault after I dug in my heels somewhat and fixed it under warranty. 

Ok kool. We are doing it under warranty. I followed the ODIS test plan and came back as the switch fault

23 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Par for the course...

...TPI? Known issue? Nope!

"No one else has ever had this problem sir..."

:dry:

Haha lol I'm learning this already! Feels like I'm back at my old independent garage where this response was at least feasible!

I've been having the same issue. Comes up randomly but only for about a second, never given me time to read more than the first four words. Now I know what it is I reckon I'll call the lease company as I've got a maintenance contract.

8 hours ago, themacster said:

I've been having the same issue. Comes up randomly but only for about a second, never given me time to read more than the first four words. Now I know what it is I reckon I'll call the lease company as I've got a maintenance contract.

Yup, they should cover it.

The consensus is that, once it has started, the warning will start to come more and more often. 

Good luck getting it sorted. 

Edited by dunc69