Modifying Your Fabia MK III

17 minutes ago, Fab1493 said:

Question for the group - is everyone here with a MK3 TSI running standard accelerator pedal?

The delay is really getting on my nerves and apart from "Audi mod" (which I cant even get the code for on my OBD) is there anything else I can do?

I remember driving a 1.2 TSI Leon in Sport & that felt so much sharper!

no delay on mine with bluespark just put foot down n it goes

29 minutes ago, Fab1493 said:

Question for the group - is everyone here with a MK3 TSI running standard accelerator pedal?

The delay is really getting on my nerves and apart from "Audi mod" (which I cant even get the code for on my OBD) is there anything else I can do?

A map cures the dead pedal. I’m on 145 stage 1 1.0 tsi

71782AF6-5495-4D22-97A1-513D3AD4A2BE.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Pumbajunior said:

ahh im around Doncaster a lot (Bentely) youve probably seen me from time to time kinda distinctive

jtuyi;liutp;uoiur6yiyeu6yew.jpg

Never ever have I seen you! Would like to though cause it looks brilliant & going forward if I do see you I'll know its you

26 minutes ago, Pumbajunior said:

no delay on mine with bluespark just put foot down n it goes

12 minutes ago, Dannyboy85 said:

Mine has a stage 1 too to around 130 & the pedal lag is still there & its so obvious its annoying. I even did the test on an empty straight in 3rd gear on boost and it is very obvious the delay between the pedal being all the way down and the car actually reacting. Clearly just me with this issue though, perhaps itll be cured when I get a custom map

2 minutes ago, Fab1493 said:

Never ever have I seen you! Would like to though cause it looks brilliant & going forward if I do see you I'll know its you

Mine has a stage 1 too to around 130 & the pedal lag is still there & its so obvious its annoying. I even did the test on an empty straight in 3rd gear on boost and it is very obvious the delay between the pedal being all the way down and the car actually reacting. Clearly just me with this issue though, perhaps itll be cured when I get a custom map

Sounds to my like the person mapping may not have adjusted the pedal lag who mapped it? 

14 hours ago, Fab1493 said:

I vaguely remember seeing something on Carista OBD about accelerator pedal threshold settings but can’t remember what the two options were...

I’ll look later when home from work.

40 minutes ago, rooflessdriver said:

I vaguely remember seeing something on Carista OBD about accelerator pedal threshold settings but can’t remember what the two options were...

I’ll look later when home from work.

Controlled by time and controlled by threshold (position). 

the latter gives a more direct feel. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Benz3ne said:

Controlled by time and controlled by threshold (position). 

the latter gives a more direct feel. 

These are the options with OBD but an access code is needed which I dont have.

Just spoke to Awesome GTI regarding stage 2 & they said not to even put a downpipe on these because the turbo will break & if you put a new turbo then the engine will go. Anyone got anything to say regarding this?

1 minute ago, Fab1493 said:

Just spoke to Awesome GTI regarding stage 2 & they said not to even put a downpipe on these because the turbo will break & if you put a new turbo then the engine will go. Anyone got anything to say regarding this?

Decat'ing runs the risk of potentially nuking the turbo unless it is properly custom mapped in.

3 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

Decat'ing runs the risk of potentially nuking the turbo unless it is properly custom mapped in.

See I was thinking going down the route of getting a sports cat... in fact I was literally in the process of trying to arrange a date that suits both me & the guys who are doing it... 

21 hours ago, Fab1493 said:

I didn't need an access code with Carista Beta for this. Tell them you want to try out the beta for throttle position and they'll help.

On 27/10/2019 at 20:29, Dannyboy85 said:

Remap from who if you don't mind me asking?

The Estate looks great, by the way. Really smart.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

So for suspension, I've decided to order myself a pair of Bilstein B8's + Eibachs since that's within my budget. 

However, as I'm seeking to run a flush setup on my Fabia, what rim specifications would yall recommend? 

• Flush Setup - When the wheels match the car fender line just perfect, with maybe a bit of tyre poke.
  • Stock is 17 x 7j, offset +46 (ET46) ... However, the wheels seem too... "inside the fender-line" that it looks bad.
  • If the cars gonna be lowered, might as well try and make it look good lowered too right? ;) 

I've seen some people say an offset of +38 (ET38) is good too, but what's the general recommendation? :) 

4 hours ago, xCelcia said:

Hey guys!

So for suspension, I've decided to order myself a pair of Bilstein B8's + Eibachs since that's within my budget. 

However, as I'm seeking to run a flush setup on my Fabia, what rim specifications would yall recommend? 

• Flush Setup - When the wheels match the car fender line just perfect, with maybe a bit of tyre poke.
  • Stock is 17 x 7j, offset +46 (ET46) ... However, the wheels seem too... "inside the fender-line" that it looks bad.
  • If the cars gonna be lowered, might as well try and make it look good lowered too right? ;) 

I've seen some people say an offset of +38 (ET38) is good too, but what's the general recommendation? :) 

Agree! The wheels are too far in - I'm running ET38 but the rears could do with coming out a bit more.

9 minutes ago, Dannyboy85 said:

Et35 is going to poke a lot even on stock tyres your going to struggle as the actual tire will be out of the well. Mine is lowered by about 55mm but the tyre is fully in the well wheel in line with the body. 

It would be another 7mm on your ET42 but mine would be slightly higher. 🤔