vRS245 ordered club

14 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Woooo, things have changed, I ordered 23/05/17 & collected 25/08/17 or 13 weeks 3 days.

For all those in despair, its a great drive though, anybody local in welcome to try it out at the meon hut meets.

How often do you have the meets?  Im in hedge end so not far from me

15 hours ago, Jos8282 said:

Mines a manual estate, hopefully the week number given is correct. Although a longer lead-in would give me more time to get the pennies together to pay for it lol. 

Yeah im hoping the factory move mine forward quite a bit.

He said to call back in 2 weeks and it should have moved forward a fair bit. I wouldn't mind a Jan build - pretty sure if everyone else's 245's are due around the same time then mine should be similar.

Does anyone know if the 245 is a limited run at all?

1 minute ago, ClarkyStu said:

im going to call the women who placed my order, I haven't had an SLI or anything and it sounds like I should have...

Did you order through a dealer or a broker?

1 hour ago, matt9407 said:

Yeah im hoping the factory move mine forward quite a bit.

He said to call back in 2 weeks and it should have moved forward a fair bit. I wouldn't mind a Jan build - pretty sure if everyone else's 245's are due around the same time then mine should be similar.

Does anyone know if the 245 is a limited run at all?

I don't think it is?
no one and no where has it as a limited edition otherwise I imagine they would have that a massive selling point on the car.

I ordered my 245 the last week of September & been told it will be week 2 by the time it arrives at the dealer.

rather a long wait but at least it will be registered as a 2018 car :) 

8 hours ago, martysparty99 said:

How often do you have the meets?  Im in hedge end so not far from me

1st Tuesday of every month, they are posted in the South East Central part of the Meets section.

Do drop in if you get the chance, all are welcome.

23 hours ago, OliR said:

I ordered my 245 the last week of September & been told it will be week 2 by the time it arrives at the dealer.

rather a long wait but at least it will be registered as a 2018 car :) 

Just had a phone call from the dealer saying they expect it to move forward to Early Jan and possibly even December...Lets see

3 hours ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Ahh ok, is it like on the Superbs (lighting up by the decorative trim) or in the door pockets?

Decorative trim only, you about tomorrow ?, Andy Southam has a rolling road going @ JKM in Portsmouth

Car Salesman duh, you're probably working

I know this is subjective but can anyone with, or has testdriven a 245 DSG without DCC comment on just how harsh is the suspension as l'm about to place an order this week? I've owned mk 2 octy vRSs , both petrol and diesel, mk1 furby VRS and presently have a pug 208 GTI, none of which I've found the suspension to be uncomfortable, but the 245 does seem to come in for criticism without DCC. Any views appreciated 

Not sure how much this helps, but I drove a manual with dcc and it made a lot of difference between the modes. Also, from all of the reviews I have read, they all recommend dcc if you go dsg. 

At at the end of the day, I ordered a manual without dcc based on my test drive that assumed my car wouldn’t be any harsher than a manual with dcc in full sport mode. I’m leasing, so didn’t want to pay the extra inc case I didn’t get to, or decide to buy. 

Edited by ScottyNS
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, stokey said:

I know this is subjective but can anyone with, or has testdriven a 245 DSG without DCC comment on just how harsh is the suspension as l'm about to place an order this week? I've owned mk 2 octy vRSs , both petrol and diesel, mk1 furby VRS and presently have a pug 208 GTI, none of which I've found the suspension to be uncomfortable, but the 245 does seem to come in for criticism without DCC. Any views appreciated 

Wouldn't the sport setting on dcc be the same as no dcc? In which case I'd get dcc for sure. 

11 minutes ago, Hlywd said:

Wouldn't the sport setting on dcc be the same as no dcc? In which case I'd get dcc for sure. 

That’s my assumption. From what I’ve read the extra weight of the dsg causes a harsher ride too, hence the recommendation of dcc. 

I drove a 230 manual without dcc twice, then a 245 manual with dcc. To be honest I was happy with the thought of the hardest elements of the rides and save the extra cost. 

1 hour ago, ScottyNS said:

That’s my assumption. From what I’ve read the extra weight of the dsg causes a harsher ride too, hence the recommendation of dcc. 

I drove a 230 manual without dcc twice, then a 245 manual with dcc. To be honest I was happy with the thought of the hardest elements of the rides and save the extra cost. 

I can only say that I couldn't live without dcc on mine but it is dsg. Sport is great for the 'moments' but 90% time the suspension is in comfort mode on mine. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, richardwheat200 said:

I'm driving a 245 without DCC tomorrow. We'll see! 

Let us know what you think..

I've driven one with DCC and as nice as it is I decided against DCC. The sport mode was very firm so couldn't see me using that much. Didn't notice much difference between comfort and normal. 

I'm sure standard non DCC is comparable to normal so will be fine for me. I hope I don't regret it! 

The reviews all said the latest A4 on sport suspension was a bumpy unsettled ride but I found mine just right. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StreetHawk said:

Let us know what you think..

I've driven one with DCC and as nice as it is I decided against DCC. The sport mode was very firm so couldn't see me using that much. Didn't notice much difference between comfort and normal. 

I'm sure standard non DCC is comparable to normal so will be fine for me. I hope I don't regret it! 

The reviews all said the latest A4 on sport suspension was a bumpy unsettled ride but I found mine just right. 

Nothing wrong at all with the standard ride!

I've ordered without DCC! 

Estate, Corrida Red, no other options!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1