vRS245 ordered club

8 hours ago, ConorH said:

Hey, new here. I ordered on 9th October and am still awaiting a build date. I notice a few of you have mentioned using Skoda Live Chat for an update. I have looked on their site and for the life of me cannot see any live chat link. Am I  just being blind?

It's in the contact us page.

On the desktop webpage it is in the bottom right corner and you need to maximise it.  I don't know about on mobile. Calling  the customer services helpline works too, but either will only be able to help if you have the skoda order number from the dealer.

Edited by roo

32 minutes ago, ConorH said:

Have looked there, cannot see it. Is it a popup on the page or something?

On your mobile, you'll see the live chat link at the bottom of your browser on this page https://m.skoda.co.uk/articles/contact-us/#

It's a green strip - can't miss it. However, it only appears on that page during normal office hours it seems. 

15 hours ago, stepdavi said:

quick question, if vehicle is lease and requires new front tyres during lease( it will!) can they be replaced with different premium brands? as in replace the 2 front pirellis with michelin or contis? 

The way it's written, in the lease agreement for mine anyway, is open to interpretation  I believe I can replace with anything that meets the size and speed rating. Not that I'm advocating any budget rubber on one of these.

I know others interpret their's to mean it has to be an exact like for like replacement. Be interesting to hear if anyone has had any comeback from handing a vwfs lease back with a different brand of tyres on it. 

16 hours ago, stepdavi said:

quick question, if vehicle is lease and requires new front tyres during lease( it will!) can they be replaced with different premium brands? as in replace the 2 front pirellis with michelin or contis? 

With tyres been classed as consumables I would think any tyre of the correct size/speed rating for the vehicle would be ok. It would be like saying you can only fill up the tank on Shell Fuel

I had Pilot Super Sports on my previous RS4, great tyres with excellent grip wet & dry combined with an acceptable ride, lower noise than earlier PS2s and decent life. Would definitely recommend them if you can get them in the correct size.

On 11/11/2017 at 00:24, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Me to, I want to get springs and a cat back too, plus a tuning box of course

I thought about exhaust too but I think just springs and tuning box will do. Be interesting to hear one with a cat back on.

1 hour ago, Janno1 said:

I thought about exhaust too but I think just springs and tuning box will do. Be interesting to hear one with a cat back on.

I heard some on videos on youtube and decided that I need one. I'd like one of the remote valve ones but even at trade price they are mega bucks.

No I'm quite happy with a quiet exhaust, I do sometimes see a parked up police car on my way to work however, chuck it into Eco & ghost silently by.

Didn't work on the 2 off duty dickless tracys making their way home, gave me an enormous *******ling after I overtook them TWICE in the same week !!!

I now use a slightly longer but, higher speed route to work !!!

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My first post on Briskoda but thought it best to place it in this thread as I found this thread really useful prior to ordering a 245, especially when I realised the cars don't come with a space saver!

Sent the order to the leasing company Friday for a Corrida Red 245 Estate, stock car except for the addition of a spare wheel.

I'll update when I get the order confirmed with Skoda and a build week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Don't go for a Merc or a beemer, they don't even have a wheel well to give you the choice or a spare

What I was trying to say was that there is space for the space saver wheel.

It doesn't cost much (circa £100).

They seem to deliberately not include one presumably in the hope that customers will be of the opinion that "ah well, it's only a hundred quid, may as well get it anyway" (as demonstrated in the last couple of pages of this thread).

This way, Skoda get another hundred quid from loads of customers.

Sounds a bit underhand to me.

4 minutes ago, Aston100 said:

What I was trying to say was that there is space for the space saver wheel.

It doesn't cost much (circa £100).

They seem to deliberately not include one presumably in the hope that customers will be of the opinion that "ah well, it's only a hundred quid, may as well get it anyway" (as demonstrated in the last couple of pages of this thread).

This way, Skoda get another hundred quid from loads of customers.

Sounds a bit underhand to me.

Not isbt just Skoda that is doing it. Most manufacturers are nowadays. 

• Like 1