vRS245 ordered club

2 hours ago, Tim1631 said:

£400 a month on an Octavia. God they seen you coming!

Yes its just the north south divide for you Tim, plus my business picks up the costs so, its actually 400 quid a month outta the taxman's pocket.

Must mean the rest of you are gonna have to dig a little deeper to make up the difference !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ursicles said:

Im looking at £236 down and £236 a month for my skoda - red manual with no options.  Simply cannot justify the extra £3k for the golf.

With people cancelling orders it might even get here sooner!

I'm loving the glass half FULL approach

5 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I'm loving the glass half FULL approach

Ahh... but the glass is half full with a letter of intention to the dealer for a new M2 CS :)

Its been 4 months since i bought a car - feeling a bit lightheaded here .... need new keys of something soon!

Edited by Ursicles

Went to Skoda garage today, as my VRS 245 got off the transporter yesterday. I will be collecting on Saturday I am so excited now. The car looks mint, just what I wanted. 

I did have a chat with the sales manager whilst I was there, and spoke about the suspended production, he told me that Skoda made a massive mis-calculation on the PCH deal and is losing money on it, hence the orders have been stopped. I wouldn't mind betting that the orders that have been pushed back are the PCH ones in the hope that people pull out on their own accord. Mine is a PCP deal and was made and delivered in about 9 weeks. 

I know this won't help you guys out but it does explain a little as to the issue. The garages seem to know about this so I would speak to them about the situation. It sounds like if you hang in there you will get a good deal so if you are happy to wait I would. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

So tomorrow I shall be amending my order to the golf. For 20 quid a month difference (spec for spec) and guaranteed march delivery it'll be silly not to for the 4wd.

I feel a Queen song coming on

dum, dum, dum

another one bites the dust

dum, dum, dum

another bites the dust

& another ones gone

another ones gone

Sorry Jay but, you know a great track when you hear it, sounds like a good idea though

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

dum, dum, dum

dum, dum, dum

another bites the dust

& another ones gone

another ones gone

Sorry Jay but, you know a great track when you hear it, sounds like a good idea though

Ha ha :D

Needs must, if the weather is good I'll still be at the meet next week.

• Like 1

I have been offered a Golf R estate with the only options I wanted (metallic and 19" alloy upgrade) and another 2k mileage per year allowance for £25 a month more than the 245 so definitely cancelling tomorrow  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

dum, dum, dum

dum, dum, dum

another bites the dust

& another ones gone

another ones gone

Shouldn't it be:-- 

dum, dum, dum

another one drives a Duster

dum, dum, dum

another one drives a Duster

& another ones gone

another ones gone

another one Drives a Duster............................

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jos8282 said:

Went to Skoda garage today, as my VRS 245 got off the transporter yesterday. I will be collecting on Saturday I am so excited now. The car looks mint, just what I wanted. 

I did have a chat with the sales manager whilst I was there, and spoke about the suspended production, he told me that Skoda made a massive mis-calculation on the PCH deal and is losing money on it, hence the orders have been stopped. I wouldn't mind betting that the orders that have been pushed back are the PCH ones in the hope that people pull out on their own accord. Mine is a PCP deal and was made and delivered in about 9 weeks. 

I know this won't help you guys out but it does explain a little as to the issue. The garages seem to know about this so I would speak to them about the situation. It sounds like if you hang in there you will get a good deal so if you are happy to wait I would. 

youll love it, ive just cleared 600 miles and its awesome. obviously not as awesome a golf R but its on the right PCH deal its a lot cheaper. I wasnt looking at changing previous car till i seen the deals a month or so ago and decided screw it. not regretted one bit. even making a nicer noise now with few miles covered. 

1 hour ago, Jos8282 said:

If that's true it makes Skoda look Simply Stupid. I  understand that most car manufactureres, have to tempt non-business users into leasing cars they can't afford to buy outright, in order to keep the factory running and boost their financial services. However if they're losing money on the deal, someone in the accounts/credit division needs sacking. 

• Like 2

Well, after having to pay for an ill timed service, MOT, new windscreen, front pads & discs plus rear pads for my current car I almost want a delayed order! They sound like they’re worth waiting for and with my lease deal that i am happy with, my plan is to wait it out - this customer isn’t going anywhere!

Sods law, it will be a week 30 and I’ll have put new tyres on too!

Edited by ScottyNS
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

So tomorrow I shall be amending my order to the golf. For 20 quid a month difference (spec for spec) and guaranteed march delivery it'll be silly not to for the 4wd.

Wow man, we are goin for seriously different spec's for the monthly's to be that high!
Regardless, indeed same spec £20 more its the R hands down.

I will be sticking to my guns and holding out!

34 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

Spoke to Skoda online chat thing yesterday - still waiting for a build date to be confirmed - and i ordered mine mid Oct.

Can totally see Skoda have ballsed this one up.

Join the queue, mine was ordered early September and still not got a bloody build date :/

4 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

Im sure they are doing this to get people to cancel builds - but if  cancel i bin £299 broker fee, so need to bake that into any new deal, unless broker lets me transfer it over onto a new deal.

I think if you use the same broker you can use the same fee, if not I can see them loosing a lot of business.

Success. I had to pay them extra 90 pounds for cancellation of Skoda and ordering a Golf. It will cost me 330 pm instead of 253 but I had a Golf R 7.5 for 5 months and part from seats and adaptive cruise control everything is better in VW. And waiting time is 12 weeks not 26.