vRS245 ordered club

1 hour ago, stepdavi said:

3 weeks in and not 1 rattle in octavia. Just saying.

Sounds like they fixed the common B pillar rattle on the earlier MkIII Octavias. Cold weather makes a few creak, rattles occur although Lincolnshire road surfaces seem to bring out the rattles. 

3 hours ago, stepdavi said:

3 weeks in and not 1 rattle in octavia. Just saying.

3 years in and not one rattle from my Mk3 vRS. 

Guess it comes down to what you want - if its your sole car and your using it everyday, the extra £20 a month isnt so bad.

For me its a car to do school run, go to the dump and park in the station - so £ was was a priority.

I so wanted it in grey as well... think it really suits the car, though still not sure on those 'lambo wanna be' alloys.

3 hours ago, ClarkyStu said:

This is why I hate how they price PCH, all optionals split over the period, I wanted meteor but didn't want it to cost me an extra £20 a month.... that may just be me being cheap though...

Doesn't matter how you finance a car you ALWAYS pay for the optional extras. You may get a few quid more selling privately if the buyer is dumb enough to tell you they MUST have that optional extra but otherwise, the 1st buyers always pays.

Edited by themanwithnoaim

On 29/11/2017 at 21:08, ScottyNS said:

Well, after having to pay for an ill timed service, MOT, new windscreen, front pads & discs plus rear pads for my current car I almost want a delayed order! They sound like they’re worth waiting for and with my lease deal that i am happy with, my plan is to wait it out - this customer isn’t going anywhere!

Sods law, it will be a week 30 and I’ll have put new tyres on too!

The nonsense continues... after having an unconfirmed build week sometime in June for the last couple of weeks it now seems that I've been bumped back a stage and no longer even have an unconfirmed build week. I'm still not going anywhere Skoda!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Doesn't matter how you finance a car you ALWAYS pay for the optional extras. You may get a few quid more selling privately if the buyer is dumb enough to tell you they MUST have that optional extra but otherwise, the 1st buyers always pays.

Ahhh, I thought PCP some of it went into your balloon aswel?  Learn something new every day :) Cheers

Scotty, stick with it mate I know I am.

• Like 1

They are very nice cars. Loving mine still. Would I wait until mid of next year for one though? Probably not.

I love driving mine but theres just something about it now that I dont like. Im not sure what it is. Maybe its the fact that its too refined in terms of growl etc. With that being said, it is a saloon and not a hot hatch.

I do still love it though and am very glad I ordered one!

On 12/1/2017 at 19:10, dunc69 said:

3 years in and not one rattle from my Mk3 vRS. 

After 7 years my O2 VRS still had no rattles. I will be pleasantly surprised if the O3 lives up to that. 

Edited by juan27

1 hour ago, matt9407 said:

Maybe its the fact that its too refined in terms of growl etc. With that being said, it is a saloon and not a hot hatch.

I do still love it though and am very glad I ordered one!

Told you so, as stock they are too refined

Just now, themanwithnoaim said:

Dont get me wrong I can hear it when I accelerate, but now that I am used to it, its a bit dull.

If it wasn't a lease, an exhaust would be going straight on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Il be on the lookout for a DTUK box when mine arrives, been following a few things you've posted across the topics ect.

Defo on the list as far as im concerned, just to find a used one :)

17 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

Il be on the lookout for a DTUK box when mine arrives, been following a few things you've posted across the topics ect.

Defo on the list as far as im concerned, just to find a used one :)

Beware of second hand tuningboxes, the software is old & auto-electrics age fast. If you get one from a TSI vRS you'd still need to get it reprogrammed which is 95-100 quid so, not a lot of savings.

Not sure I'd put pre-owned electronics on a 30 grand car

4 hours ago, juan27 said:

After 7 years my O2 VRS still had no rattles. I will be pleasantly surprised if the O3 lives up to that. 

Juan, my Mk2 vRS was the same. 7 years from new before I sold it. Not one rattle. Brilliant motor. 

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Beware of second hand tuningboxes, the software is old & auto-electrics age fast. If you get one from a TSI vRS you'd still need to get it reprogrammed which is 95-100 quid so, not a lot of savings.

Not sure I'd put pre-owned electronics on a 30 grand car

Second this. You are better off getting it new as you will get the DTUK warranty and if you have any problems with a used one, DTUK wont come anywhere near you

2 hours ago, matt9407 said:

Second this. You are better off getting it new as you will get the DTUK warranty and if you have any problems with a used one, DTUK wont come anywhere near you

Third it. Bought a used one for my 123d and kept putting it in limp mode at high revs. Didn't even know  for certain if it actually was for a 123d! Definitely not worth saving £200 when fitting it to a ~30k car. 

On another note, my 245 is now build week 3. Keeps moving closer by one week each time I email.

Edited by Swirly182