South East Central meet #53 on the 1st of August

Meon meet.

Well here it goes:

Are you stuck for something to do on the first Tuesday of every month?

Do you drive a Citigo with a very loud exhaust that can keep up with anything?

Do you enjoy eating burgers (subject to availability and the pub actually being open for business)?

Then why not come and join a great, welcoming bunch of regulars and frequent newcomers.

Tuesday 1st August, 19:00 onwards at the West Meon Pub, GU32 1JX.

(People seem to arrive from 18:30 onwards).

Everyone welcome... even Skoda owners!

Who knows, Lee may even come along.

Edited due to a location change, trust me its for the better overall

Edited by themanwithnoaim
Location change

• 2 weeks later...

Going to throw this out there. Dave (the superstar), Ben and I are going to Wetherspoons in Petersfield, The Red Lion. 

Feel free to join us if you'd like. 

The Seven Stars doesn't offer value for money. 

Edited by austenw90

Agreed Spoons is better value for money, but 7 stars hasn't seemed to bad value for money when we have been there in the past?

The car park is more suited for the summer nights as well surely?

Edited by sigarland1987

Feels like this whole thread is lacking the leadership @Lee01 used to bring to these meetings, and without @tamiyaandy being around as of late the whole thing looks to be crumbling around us. 

I quite honestly am not particularly fussed, with where we go, if we go to the Seven Stars I don't think we really get value for money and we did lose a few members making that switch.

The Spoons in Petersfield is good, but that does detract from the "car" aspect somewhat, which is what this was about after all, especially in the summer months.

Then the Meon became a **** tip when Mel left, but happy to give it another try see what it's like now it's under the 68th set of management in the last 2 months. The Meon does help bring back the car aspect somewhat with it's better location and car park, along with joining up all 4 directions of travel.

If we are suggesting the Meon again, it might be worth giving them a call to let them know as the problems have usually been attributed to poor staffing levels.

The meet is tomorrow so someone needs to make a call ideally... Perhaps even if we just meet at the Meon and decide from there?

• Thanks 1

I'm in for the Meon regardless... food has improved drastically, service is good, and that location is spot on.

Unsure how they are with larger groups but I've been attending fairly frequently, and it's enjoyable.

Simon and I will be there for sure.

@themanwithnoaim I would suggest you update the first post of the thread and suggest the West Meon then.

It would appear that seems to be the location of choice this time around...

@Lee01, @Hyphons, @stuartvrs, @Yoss, @tamiyaandy, @hardcorehobbit, @andsoutham, @Tomote + anyone else I've forgotten to be aware of the short notice change!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I would be a plus one to meet at West Meon and take it from there. If it's shut again then we move on but let's wait at the Hut til everyone's arrived.

Wetherspoons is OK but it's the same as every other Spoons. And none of them have parking. 

8 hours ago, BJB540 said:

@themanwithnoaim I would suggest you update the first post of the thread and suggest the West Meon then.

It would appear that seems to be the location of choice this time around...

@Lee01, @Hyphons, @stuartvrs, @Yoss, @tamiyaandy, @hardcorehobbit, @andsoutham, @Tomote + anyone else I've forgotten to be aware of the short notice change!

As @BJB540 couldn't be bothered to look you up or didn't think you guys would want to come along, I'll tag the rest of the previous attendees & you can pop down & ask him yourselves.  

Only joking Ben but, its not like your not in front of a computer all day !!!!!

@Mustafa, @@lexc, @timyates1989, @Xavier, @ratkat, @Newport91, @JerryT, @shanemeh, @andy68, @64033, @Black_Sheep, @Leeboy, @dsj20v, @skodanorman, @BarryG, @jonbmx900, @mattsv, @JoseDB, @jcarr162000, @ZubSub, @K155BMR @HorneyMX5, @zouche

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

As @BJB540 couldn't be bothered to look you up or didn't think you guys would want to come along, I'll tag the rest of the previous attendees & you can pop down & ask him yourselves.  

Only joking Ben but, its not like your not in front of a computer all day !!!!!

Busy doing office moves today pal, manual labour and all that jazz.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

You didn't work hard enough to take your jumper off did you Ben?

Do you know what I did for about 15 minutes... Felt to vulnerable though. It went back on. 

• Haha 1

Will do my best to pop along, not been down since the move as Meon is a fair way for me and any move East makes it a bit far.

Hope it is good :-)

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good meet guys, glad to see a fair turnout especially during holiday season.

Great also to see a lot of cars out on road runs, thats what has been missing in our enforced travels to different pubs although, somehow I forgot to do this myself, duh.

I'll post up the next meet shortly which I've provisionally booked for the Meon Hut on the 5th September HOWEVER, yeah its a big however.  New owners (yes again) will take over the Meon Hut on the 29th of August so, I will have to call & confirm we're booked in.

• Like 1