DSG 'fart' noise on FL mk3 Octavia vRS

Hi everyone

I've searched this great forum but couldn't find anything recent on being able to get the renowned DSG fart sound from the new facelift Octavia vRS. 

Can anyone confirm if the facelift model has this from factory?

Or is there a tune/mod/exhaust that needs to be done?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, vrsage said:

Hi everyone

I've searched this great forum but couldn't find anything recent on being able to get the renowned DSG fart sound from the new facelift Octavia vRS. 

Can anyone confirm if the facelift model has this from factory?

Or is there a tune/mod/exhaust that needs to be done?

Thanks!

Feed it 5 cans of beans

Standard exhaust on the 220 pre facelift and 230 facelift models is very quiet and I haven't noticed DSG farts on mine from the inside. The 230 pre-facelift and 245 facelift models have a slightly louder exhaust which you can hear the DSG farts better with. 

Sad really that some seem to think that people on pavements, roads or just in their home or work are impressed by a car making noises as it accelerates away.

Pretty pre crapping noises as it is, farty type noises. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

They need to be Premium Beans,  Priemium beans make you fart better and won't affect your warranty     :mmm:

HP then for the Hprse Power

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Sad really that some seem to think that people on pavements, roads or just in their home or work are impressed by a car making noises as it accelerates away.

Pretty pre crapping noises as it is, farty type noises. 

Were you never "boyish"

Childish & simple it maybe but, that doesn't stop it being fun !

• Like 2

Did we not all put bits of drink cartons on our bikes to make a noise with them hitting the spokes?

I was and am a Boy Racer / Grumpy Grandpa Racer, but then the last thing you might want to do when nipping on is draw attention to yourself, or annoy neighbours and others on your daily driving route or have all the noises and not that much going on speed wise,  ie Corsa's and Big Bore Exhausts, or Octavias and not much go go!

Just jesting on the farty sounds, we know fart cushions were and still are funny what ever your age.  

Edited by Headinawayoffski

54 minutes ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Did we not all put bits of drink cartons on our bikes to make a noise with them hitting the spokes?

Don't know about the spokes thing, but on my Fs1E50 I use to take the baffles out.

Problem was I lost the small screw that kept them in and when the police insisted I keep them in, they kept falling out. GF ran back down the road once to collect them and before I could warn her she badly burnt her hand picking them up. She was a sport, she had already fallen off the back that day when I set off too fast from traffic lights and burnt her ankle on the exhaust when she got back on. What ever happened to birds that don't moan about things........

Edit - just remembered............. you marry them and they start moaning about the tiny things...

Edited by S00perb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Were you never "boyish"

Childish & simple it maybe but, that doesn't stop it being fun !

This was my main reason for choosing the vRS....

:tongueout:

Who says we have to grow up???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, S00perb said:

Don't know about the spokes thing, but on my Fs1E50 I use to take the baffles out.

Problem was I lost the small screw that kept them in and when the police insisted I keep them in, they kept falling out. GF ran back down the road once to collect them and before I could warn her she badly burnt her hand picking them up. She was a sport, she had already fallen off the back that day when I set off too fast from traffic lights and burnt her ankle on the exhaust when she got back on. What ever happened to birds that don't moan about things........

Edit - just remembered............. you marry them and they start moaning about the tiny things...

Surely every kid pegged playing cards onto your bike frame and into the wheel spokes? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stever750 said:

Surely every kid pegged playing cards onto your bike frame and into the wheel spokes? 

Wouldn't have been much point when I rods pedal bikes - I was mostly on the back wheel (or on the ground having fallen off trying to stay on the back wheel)

5 minutes ago, S00perb said:

Wouldn't have been much point when I rods pedal bikes - I was mostly on the back wheel (or on the ground having fallen off trying to stay on the back wheel)

I had them front and back and both sides. I swear it sounded like a V8! 

Can you not just go drive the car on a nice stretch of empty road or a tunnel and try and see you if get the farts?

Maybe make a complaint in writing to Duncan Movassaghi if you are fartless & have been short changed or sold a duck that can not quack.

Edited by Headinawayoffski
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went out in a facelift Golf R this afternoon which had very audible DSG farts, but the stock exhaust is also noticeably louder even at idle. I want a louder exhaust now I think.... :speechless:

Edited by ahenners