• The Sunday Times
    • The Mail on Sunday
    • The Sunday Express
    • The Daily Star
    • The Independant
    • The Observer
    • The Sun on Sunday

22 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Answer: None of the above, they're all in the pockets of one political party or another.

Anyway, why do you read such an outdated mode of news. 

All of them? Are you sure about that?

I never said I did read newspapers ;) 

Out of that lot I'd guess it's easier to read a paper knowing that it is biased and accounting for it rather than trying to figure out which one is not biased.

Even the BBC which by law is supposed to be impartial is famously biased.

I don't think an unbiased paper or news site exists tbh.

• Like 1

The Daily Mash or The Onion depending on whether I want a UK or US slant on the news.

OMG! I just looked at the vote. Currently 28% of us think the Daily Mail is least biased :rofl:

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Haha 3

None of the above!

When/if I buy a Newspaper I'll buy one of "The (Glasgow) Herald", "The National" and "The Scotsman". Yes, they're all biased too but at least they're not biased in favour of "big business" and/or the Con party!

55 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

none of them, I can't read

But surely the Murdock papers are designed just for your demographic

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

“Don’t tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers: The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country, the Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country, the Times is read by people who actually do run the country, the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country, the Financial Times is read by people who own the country, the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country and the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.”
Yes, Prime Minister. 1987

https://www.oxford-royale.co.uk/articles/a-guide-to-british-newspapers.html

Pretty much every poll I've seen slates The Daily Express and The Daily Fail

• Haha 3

Guest FurryFriend

Never read newspapers. Full of lies and rubbish. As my good lady and I have minus zero interest in sport, self styled 'celebs' or all the rest of the bullmuck, they are just an unnecessary load of junk. 

More relevant though, is why people with PC's, laptops, radios, tablets and TV's NEED newspapers..... It's beyond us. :dull:

Whichever paper you read, you're misinformed and if you read none, you're uninformed... I prefer the ARmy Rumour SErvice (ARRSE), as that at least is uniformed! :p

On 29/09/2017 at 11:25, Lee01 said:

“Don’t tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers: The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country, the Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country, the Times is read by people who actually do run the country, the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country, the Financial Times is read by people who own the country, the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country and the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.”

And The Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big ****!! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 11:25, Lee01 said:

https://www.oxford-royale.co.uk/articles/a-guide-to-british-newspapers.html

Pretty much every poll I've seen slates The Daily Express and The Daily Fail

You didn't quote it fully, Bernard made the best association at the end about readers of 'The Sun'! 

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

My dog prefers the Daily Star. She reckons that if she's going to have an overnight "accident", then at least she's giving her opinion on the content .

None, but some are more useful than others.

Got a dog that is still having mistakes- I'd recommend Star, as it's cheaper, and dog might actually improve the content.

Got an old fashioned fire place, and struggle to get the fire going, then one of the broadsheets might be a better option. More paper under the kindling, and better for drawing on the fire.