What annoyed you today?

Aspman

I'm not sure if you're joking or not. That's bloody if awful if you're not.

I knew a bloke one that made a mistake with a circular saw. He got through three fingers before he was able to stop.

Just now, Aspman said:

I'm not sure if you're joking or not. That's bloody if awful if you're not.

I knew a bloke one that made a mistake with a circular saw. He got through three fingers before he was able to stop.

Hopefully he won't post a picture or start a new thread. "Show us your worst DIY errors".

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Been getting my milk from the local Spar shop which is part of the nearest BP garage only 5 minutes walk from my house. For at least 2 years they have been selling two 4 pint milk for £2 yet due to increased demand from panic buying the Management at Spar HQ have decided to remove the offer and charge £1.80 for one 4 pint of milk. This in effect an 80% increase in price so guess what I won't be buying anymore milk from Spar. Sheer greed strikes again unfortunately.

You had it too good for too long. £2 for 8 pints of milk? What percentage of that do you think the dairy farmer pocketed?

It's a massive problem that's been shown up in all it's glory by coronavirus. We want as much cheap stuff as we can get, the cheaper the better, but never think about the other end of the chain. Supermarkets have squeezed suppliers way beyond resonable limits for years and suddenly the system has been exposed.

I really hope the virus leads to a new dawn in respect for growers, suppliers, shelf stackers, lorry drivers and all those never-given-a-second-thought-to workers who are suddenly the most important people in the world,  keeping us fed and watered.

£2 for 8 pints? Just disgusting.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, mac11irl said:

and about 80% of the time the gob****e is trying to shove "Lean" and "5S" into a business model that it cant be implemented in and that doesnt suit.

been through it in our place....

thank god we ditched about 70% of the horse**** that was being wedged into our work practices. 

kept the stuff work place tidiness and storage layouts.  most of everything else was unworkable in a work area that could be spread out over 5-10miles per night and 15miles from the nearest depot...

When working many of my assignments involved going into an organisation after "fundamentalist preachers" had departed having declared the "one true word" but not hovering around (remember seagull managers?) long enough to see if the congregation were buying their sermons,

It was good for me professionally - lots of work - but really tough on the clients and my teams bringing their projects back to life after being worked over by the "believers".

4 minutes ago, Jigger72 said:

You had it too good for too long. £2 for 8 pints of milk? What percentage of that do you think the dairy farmer pocketed?

It's a massive problem that's been shown up in all it's glory by coronavirus. We want as much cheap stuff as we can get, the cheaper the better, but never think about the other end of the chain. Supermarkets have squeezed suppliers way beyond resonable limits for years and suddenly the system has been exposed.

I really hope the virus leads to a new dawn in respect for growers, suppliers, shelf stackers, lorry drivers and all those never-given-a-second-thought-to workers who are suddenly the most important people in the world,  keeping us fed and watered.

£2 for 8 pints? Just disgusting.

Guess you won't be buying 8 pints from Tesco or Aldi then at £2.20?

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Guess you won't be buying 8 pints from Tesco or Aldi then at £2.20?

No, and never would.

I get ours delivered by the milkman in reusable glass bottles, supporting a local business and supplier, and helping protect the environment against plastic waste.

But you crack on with your budget 8-pint plastic milk cartons – as long as you're alright Jack 🤨

• Thanks 3

Not what's annoyed me as such but my daughter the last couple of days

Already posted about the major move of staff/ patients to another hospital

She's now in A & E not Stroke

Did a 14 hr shift, late finish and migraine starting, at a roundabout, saw blue lights flashing and pulled on to roundabout to get out the way, turns out the Police car was coming round towards her and she hit it, not hard but enough....Police to be fair have said report it to your insurance, we'll take no further action....any other time?

Day off today, decide to do the lawn, stone straight through a patio door unit!

Her and husband apparently looked at each other and both burst out laughing 😊

Can't catch a break at the moment

Edited by olduns
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, olduns said:

Day off today, decide to do the lawn, stone straight through a patio door unit!

Her and husband apparently looked at each other and both burst out laughing 😊

that was the correct reaction to have...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MickA said:

We find it annoying we can't get bread flour. Been baking our own bread for years, all of a sudden folk want to bake bread??

Same here its a bugger finding bread flour at the moment

i was out doing tge shopping and im not quite sure why this annoyed me but,

i was passing a parked i40 that had not 1 but 3 "faketaxi" logo stickers on it. it just seemed so unnecessarily crude it irked me.

and yeah, i know what it is... maybe thats why it annoyed me?

dont google it... unless alone, and nit at work.

Hearing on the radio this morning the recent cover version of Tracy Chapman's Fast Car which has utterly betrayed the incredibly emotional original by turning it into a jolly little ditty devoid of any feeling at all. 👎

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Wino said:

Hearing on the radio this morning the recent cover version of Tracy Chapman's Fast Car which has utterly betrayed the incredibly emotional original by turning it into a jolly little ditty devoid of any feeling at all. 👎

Many covers are awful, the covers that are goood you hardly know are covers.

• Like 1

I went to the hand clinic at the hospital this morning for them to reattach my finger. Because I haven't finished my 14 day isolation period, they wouldn't see me,

My wife (who's had the virus and has returned to work today as a nurse) came off her shift to take me home.

When I got home, the clinic rang me to say they have provisionally booked me in for next Wednesday for procedure. My bloody finger will have died before then surely!

I am seriously ****ed off.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Jigger72 said:

No, and never would.

I get ours delivered by the milkman in reusable glass bottles, supporting a local business and supplier, and helping protect the environment against plastic waste.

But you crack on with your budget 8-pint plastic milk cartons – as long as you're alright Jack 🤨

We used to have it delivered but ****ed it off as it was getting ridiculous. When we started the milk was here for around 6am, over the months it started getting later and later until it was most days 10 am before it was being delivered. Fine if you sit on your backside at home all day but when you work and are not getting in until gone 5, the milk has been sitting in the sun 6 or 7 hours. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, OldBoyScout said:

I had to google it: the i40 is a Hyundai 😉

Thanks for that, I knew what a fake taxi was but had no clue what an i40 is, sign of the times!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, skomaz said:

Same here its a bugger finding bread flour at the moment

There is probably some on one of these shelves.....

IMG-0251.jpg

And if you start crying.......

IMG-0250.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Robjon said:

I knew what an i40 was but had no clue what a fake taxi is.

Just Google "fake taxi" .... but only when no under 18 year olds are around :swear:

• Haha 1

Coronavirus: 'Despicable' men lick hands and wipe supermarket food

Two scrotes contaminating food and furniture in Sainsbury in Morecambe:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52219080

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, caprixpack said:

We used to have it delivered but ****ed it off as it was getting ridiculous. When we started the milk was here for around 6am, over the months it started getting later and later until it was most days 10 am before it was being delivered. Fine if you sit on your backside at home all day but when you work and are not getting in until gone 5, the milk has been sitting in the sun 6 or 7 hours. 

That's exactly what happened for us some while back.  We even tried a cool box with cool packs in it but a lot of the time the deliverer either forgot or couldn't be arsed to take 2 seconds to put the milk in the box.  And the final straw was when milk started getting nicked from doorsteps ...

Since I retired we've tried to restart a milk delivery but the only one that covers our village says they're too busy to add more 😞

4 hours ago, StickyMicky said:

That's exactly what happened for us some while back.  We even tried a cool box with cool packs in it but a lot of the time the deliverer either forgot or couldn't be arsed to take 2 seconds to put the milk in the box.

😞

Same here and we also found they were delvering milk to us that was past its sell by and had already gone sour.  So at that poit we binned the milkman off...

Edited by skomaz

What annoyed me today and yesterday...   my daughters epilepsy...   four seizures yesterday plus lots of absences then two more today and again lots of absences and jerks.

Shes on a medical ketogenic diet for it (as well as meds nd VNS) but for some reason her ketones are lower than they should be so we can only think that the lower levels of activity due to lockdown has slowed her metabolising the fat in her diet leading to the lower ketone levels.  Either way its been a crap couple of days...

• Sad 4