What annoyed you today?

Aspman

Thanks for posting the photo, I cant do so without great difficulty.

That is the one although its now in a plastic tub, I stocked up on the metal tins years back, maybe even a decade but the final ones rusted through in the cellar so I decanted them into plastic tubs recycled.

Not in the centre aisle but in the "offre speciale" aisle in the French Lidl where its usually Italian or Spanish themed products but also household products.

It really is the best handcleaner I have ever ever used and I have gone through many, my pal wont appreciate his present though as he is a wuss and always wears gloves when working, I like to feel what is going on.

10 hours ago, Graham Butcher said:

Yes, I saw that when @J.R.stated it was, I doubt that it is just any sort of saw dust, it might of a particular type of wood and possibly rather than just sawdust, maybe it is dust collected from sanding machines etc so is a particular size of dust. There are many cleaning products that are claimed to be made from natural ingredients and are sometimes featured on some of the shopping TV channels like QVC etc.  

No it clearly said "toute sorte de sciure de bois" on the list of ingredients 😄

It crossed my mind last night that I should repackage it in my recycled plastic cous-cous containers (the same size exactly with a snap on lid) and sell it to vegans for a fortune 🤣

Even the deodarant I used today claims it is vegan, probably true, I have not seen it eat any meat.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, J.R. said:

No it clearly said "toute sorte de sciure de bois" on the list of ingredients 😄

It crossed my mind last night that I should repackage it in my recycled plastic cous-cous containers (the same size exactly with a snap on lid) and sell it to vegans for a fortune 🤣

Even the deodarant I used today claims it is vegan, probably true, I have not seen it eat any meat.

Oh, so it is quite rough in texture then, is it? If it is, that's not what I would have expected, as sawdust can be quite splintery and may even puncture your skin.

• Groan 1

12 hours ago, @Lee said:

@Graham Butcher @J.R. probably is talking about the Lidl own brand W5 stuff. I saw it in the middle aisle here a while ago. I considered it but remembered I still have five litres of lemon Swarfega I booked out of stores when I left BT/ Openreach five years ago :D

Screenshot_20231222-232335.thumb.png.6a5418bf92c47a0fc5dd9c9088fe49d7.png

Might look out for that next time I'm in there as I'm getting to the bottom of the tub of swarfega I picked up when working on a ground investigation job years ago...   Especially if it's as good as @J.R. says it is.

• Like 3

It was a joke, a retort to your endless pedantry.

To answer your question because I am an evangelist for this product, it starts off abrasive but not in the way of other cleaners that use plastic billes or sand and breaks down while rubbing which makes sense knowing now that it is wood fibres, looked at closely it is definitely not sanding dust but sawdust and woodchips that have been through a mill then mixed with soap, its not oily like Swarfega but cuts through grease and oil just as well, it does not dry out your skin like oil based chemical cleaners.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skomaz said:

Might look out for that next time I'm in there as I'm getting to the bottom of the tub of swarfega I picked up when working on a ground investigation job years ago...   Especially if it's as good as @J.R. says it is.

It really really is, I stocked up 10 years ago and have just done so again, I've seen it maybe once a year on the shelves during that time.

Recently knowing that I was nearly out I started experimenting, I bought a tin of a swarfega type cleaner from Action (Dutch chain store that has knocked France for six) but it lacked the abrasive content, then I found a sachet of microwhateverthewordis that women use as a facial scrub and mixed that in, it was very effective but the sand settles in the tin.

The biggest shock was how abrasive the stuff was, you could grind valves in with it yet women use it on their face and intimate areas if the label is to be believed.

• Like 4

My eldest boy just tested  positive for Covid, he and his brothers were taking me out tonight for a meal and a night of snooker to celebrate my Birthday ☹️. Last Christmas it was me who had it, bah humbug. Merry Christmas everyone. 

Edited by Graham Butcher
  • Sad 5

15 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

We dodged a covid bullet earlier this week.

Men were set to go out to the pub while the girls went off to do something & then all meet up meet up later. 4hrs before the meet up one of the guys who was suffering from a cold decided to test - positive. His wife tested (no symptoms) - also positive. So we called the night off.

prudent. i like it. i wish more people would do that!

• Like 3

This is more an annoyance with myself because I should have known this would happen....

My wife and I visited my elderly mother on Boxing day.  A soon as I arrived I was given a list of jobs - some of which I knew about in advance, others not.  Mum wouldn't relax and open her presents until said jobs were done, so eventually the three of us sat down, Mum opened her presents and we had a really nice time.  As my wife and I were about to leave several hours later, I remembered that she had mentioned that the shower need adjusting as it was too cold for her.  I nipped up to the bathroom, switched the shower on and spent a few minutes adjusting it until it seemed perfect to me.

Move forward to today.  My regular phone call with Mum..... shower is running far too hot.  Darn.  I live 50 miles away, my brother (who lives 15 minutes away) is away on holiday at the moment and Mum refuses to allow me to ask her grandson-in-law (who lives 5 minutes away) to pop round and sort.  I should have insisted Mum checked the shower temperature after I adjusted it.  Doh.....

Luckily, Mum reckons she can manage with it until Saturday when my brother is back from holiday and can pop in to sort.

• Like 1

Really annoying.

Pieces missing from my Christmas present Lego Le Mans Peugeot 9x8 car. 

Half way through assembly & I'm missing at least 4 pieces (all the same). Go onto the Lego website to see about getting the missing bits & guess what, soon as I type in the kit name in the missing parts section it comes up with a page of parts & top of the list are ones I need. Methinks this is a known problem.😠

I order up 2 packets of 5x4 hole L pieces which will be sent FOC but I'll have to wait 10-12 business days!! 

This isn't the 1st time this has happen with a Lego kit, I was some pieces short on a Range Rover Defender kit last year as well. 

image.thumb.png.7630b76606f605d3db66116b625a57a5.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

Pieces missing from my Christmas present Lego Le Mans Peugeot 9x8 car.

I've had similar issues with other kits, and some mince about "weighing the bags"; That only works if they haven't made a compensating error with too many of another similar mass part.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, @Lee said:

Discovering that pub landlord Tim Martin is to be awarded a knighthood. I thought these were supposed to be awarded to people who'd actually done something positive or contributed to society in some way? 

As far as I can tell all he's done is run a business that's closing pubs serving cheap, close to out of date beer and crap food, being pro brexit and telling his employees to **** off and work for Tesco's in lockdown
I honestly can't think of a single thing that beetroot faced prat has done that's worthy of a gong 🤷

Should be kevin sinfield getting a knighthood this year the guys amazing what he is doing .could be worse tho you could be on liz trusses list ,its pathetic and embarrasing 🤬

Edited by Mickvrs220
  • Like 3

The honours system throws up bizarre names every year. Why do footballers who represent their country deserve an OBE for getting to the final of a tournament? Why do singers get awards? Football and singing aren’t jobs, they’re merely an extension of someone’s leisure time, they serve no purpose other than to entertain, there’s no end product save for personal wealth. Contentious I know but we can live without footballers and singers. 
There’s truly deserving cases out there - Kevin Sinfield has to top that list surely and yet again no knighthood 😱 What else does that man need to do ffs? Perhaps he should donate money to a political party and get himself into the Lords.

And do even get me started on Liz Truss’s list? Is she still claiming the annual expenses for her month in office? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lol-lol said:

I like to see the list of those who rejected these throwback so called honours.

Not exhaustive but David Bowie, Albert Finney, Alan Rickman, Ken Loach, Michael Sheen, Paul Weller, Danny Boyle, John Lennon, LS Lowry, John Cleese, CS Lewis, Stephen Hawking, Jim Broadbent and Francis Bacon I think.
Blair and Brown didn't have a resignation honours list. It's something Cameron revived IIRC.

Matthew Elliot of Vote Leave and Conservative Friends of Russia is getting a peerage as well the :swear:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Elliott_(political_strategist)
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1741029311505952969.html

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, @Lee said:

Not exhaustive but David Bowie, Albert Finney, Alan Rickman, Ken Loach, Michael Sheen, Paul Weller, Danny Boyle, John Lennon, LS Lowry, John Cleese, CS Lewis, Stephen Hawking, Jim Broadbent and Francis Bacon I think.
Blair and Brown didn't have a resignation honours list. It's something Cameron revived IIRC.

Matthew Elliot of Vote Leave and Conservative Friends of Russia is getting a peerage as well the :swear:

The list of those rejecting I find more worthy of respect than those granted generally.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

The list of those rejecting I find more worthy of respect than those granted generally.

Certainly more worthy than the likes of Kate Hoey, Claire Fox, Daniel Moylan, David Frost, Daniel Hannan, Charlotte Owen (who the hell is she anyway?!), Peter Cruddas, Evgeny Lebedev, Helena Morrissey, Zac Goldsmith etc etc.