Sasha’s Octavia vRS

3 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Sorry to inform you that iPhone 4’s don’t work on CarPlay, only iPhone 5 on iOS10 or newer. This is the first time I’ve jailbroken a phone. Seems straightforward enough.

Bugger, will have to wait until someone i know has a cheap one for sale then lol. 

I suppose i can jailbreak it and have a play around so i know what i am doing for next time.

• Like 1

Yeah, I would suppose so. Don’t know where the differences are between the jailbreaks for he different iOS’s. I am sure you can jailbreak early versions of iOS11 and run NGXPlay but I’m not willing to update this one any further. My ‘daily driver’ iPhone 7 Plus is way out of warranty these days but I still don’t fancy messing with it. It’s also running iOS11.2.6 so I’ve had it really haha

That quote was also wrong, I meant NGXPlay now only works on iOS10 AFAIK. CarPlay works on iOS 8 and above I think.

Edited by SashaGrace
Extra info

i like waze for the traffic announcement like when the fuzz are on a mobile speed camera and Jams, i think if enough people mark it in the app it shows up for everyone else. I don't like how tricky it is to voice command waze though, its not as good as google at this. 

im going to have to add your stereo setup to my wish list, as the more i see it the more i like it. The tiny bolero screen just doesnt cut it anymore and the DAB reception suddenly started crapping out where it was fine before. i doubt if ill get it anywhere near as cheap as you though.

• Like 1

You can get Waze through NGXPlay as well :) I love the stereo and although I look at the Columbus and FL Amundsen screens I haven’t felt the need to justify the spend yet to get one of them. Cheap units come up from time to time, I am flogging my old Bolero unit dirt cheap as I want rid of it, but haven’t had a bite yet. Keep an eye on breakers yards for high spec cars and message away to see if they still have the radio. Usually it’s the first thing that gets sold, but it’s worth a shot. If I were to sell my screen I would want circa £100 for it because 3 of the mounts are damaged, only 1 is properly decent. Pay day is tomorrow though, so I may be more tempted to upgrade but 6.5 inches certainly looks better than the 5.8 inch MIB1 screens. I like the idea of rear USB’s but I haven’t found them necessary yet. If/when I do, I’ll take a closer look :)

I am considering tinting the reflectors, got some spares to practice on in the meantime haha, need to see what TPS charge for them anyway.

Edited by SashaGrace

ive got a set of the sequential indicators audi sweep style and was looking to see if they would fit in the reflectors (dumb idea but im sure no one has done it before) they are very slim. It would look cool as fook, instead of the white DRL you could rig it as a brake light and the indicator to run though the colouring would be tricky. US red indicators :tongueout:

• Like 1

FWIW, my new FL Octavia has dual rear USB sockets - wasn’t expecting them or recall them being part of the build so nice surprise.  I use one to feed my iPhone cradle (I’ve routed the cable along the gearbox tunnel panel and behind the dash and popped it out the drivers side dash panel. I probably could have fed it through the vent but didn’t want to start removing panels on the new car!)

D37CA6B7-9057-41DB-A0DA-5FBE31E0574D.jpeg

6B33D370-95E7-43DF-915C-1F6432266584.jpeg

5994A6EB-F8FE-448C-81C5-88C1B78E38D6.jpeg

Edited by SeanG
  • Like 1

I also added the SportLine decals - they come with the Superb and Kodak SportLine models but for some reason, not on the Octavia. So much bought them from SuperSkoda!

6B8A8F02-4FC9-4F2C-95FF-413A06E34F49.jpeg

574E6783-B1BD-4460-9F01-E67643CB431C.jpeg

• Like 1

Those rear USB’s are nice. Depends how much the bits are really. I will be at TPS tomorrow anyway so I may ask.

3 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

ive got a set of the sequential indicators audi sweep style and was looking to see if they would fit in the reflectors (dumb idea but im sure no one has done it before) they are very slim. It would look cool as fook, instead of the white DRL you could rig it as a brake light and the indicator to run though the colouring would be tricky. US red indicators :tongueout:

I am interested in seeing the result of this mod, should be awesome!!!

Sequential indicators when they first came out (A6?) were the dogs danglers, however nowadays they are available on loads of other installations and not executed as well as VAG. The PSA Citroen fronts are really poor.

Wish the vRS had LED turn signals but not bothered too much now they are not sequential with them being on trucks, trailers etc too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KevC_Derby said:

Sequential indicators when they first came out (A6?) were the dogs danglers, however nowadays they are available on loads of other installations and not executed as well as VAG. The PSA Citroen fronts are really poor.

Wish the vRS had LED turn signals but not bothered too much now they are not sequential with them being on trucks, trailers etc too

grill25.jpg.eb5bee633194b6fc3b4d15fdfb7d5b64.jpg

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Hi Sasha,

Hoping to get a Amundsen MIB 2 from the breakers in the next few days with the screen all in for 200 euro's,

Just wondering who/how you got it coded for you're car, i have a friend of a friend who works for skoda so wondering would they be able to do it?

I have a 2015 VRS with an Amundsen MIB1.

Cheers

• Like 1

Pab567 on here did the coding, if you PM him he’ll take you from there. €200 is a bargain! 

Talking of €€, it’s payday today so I may have splashed out a little! Just got to wait for it now :)

3699C0B8-A102-4F88-828A-DEE2DBC53BFF.thumb.png.2a659224406b30d4f1410ef331268663.png

Got sick of waiting for a 20% off weekend, knowing my luck they’ll have one next week! Did have bonnet struts on the list, but decided to leave them as the bonnet strut thread has some nicer bit that make a better conversion and I can spread the cost. £240 in one hit has killed the mods budget for a while :( Exhaust trims are being dropped at the powder coaters tomorrow and the rear reflector is being collected from TPS.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Pab567 on here did the coding, if you PM him he’ll take you from there. €200 is a bargain! 

Talking of €€, it’s payday today so I may have splashed out a little! Just got to wait for it now :)

3699C0B8-A102-4F88-828A-DEE2DBC53BFF.thumb.png.2a659224406b30d4f1410ef331268663.png

Got sick of waiting for a 20% off weekend, knowing my luck they’ll have one next week! Did have bonnet struts on the list, but decided to leave them as the bonnet strut thread has some nicer bit that make a better conversion and I can spread the cost. £240 in one hit has killed the mods budget for a while :( Exhaust trims are being dropped at the powder coaters tomorrow and the rear reflector is being collected from TPS.

Thanks Sasha,

Going by some of the prices i could be in luck, a few of the breakers still have no idea that the guts of it comes from the 'cd player' and not the screen and ive heard of a few pulling fast ones and getting the MIB 2 for 50 quid!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seanbrady49 said:

BTW  you should look at getting LED fogs,really does the bis in terms of the "xenon effect"

thses are the ones i have on mine

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XV72M5N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

has your breaker got anymore vRS stereos?:tongueout: 

the colour temp on those LEDs will give a blue hue, ive havent found a set of LED H16 that are the correct 4500K-5000K :crying:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, seanbrady49 said:

BTW  you should look at getting LED fogs,really does the bis in terms of the "xenon effect"

thses are the ones i have on mine

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XV72M5N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And then you can flip the welcome / leaving home lights to be the fogs instead of the Xenons.

And yep, car looks a lot better with Leds fogs, especially if you have the cornering fogs enabled. The yellow light with them always bugged me when it mixed with the white of the headlights

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakeyman said:

Instead of tinting the reflectors yourself, just buy them already tinted?

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-RS-original-Skoda-rear-bumper-reflector-set-MONTE-CARLO-dark

I got them for mine, and they do look much better.

The reflectors are less than £25 new from TPS, and I only need the middle bit which is £11. Haven’t 100% decided to tint or not. Can’t see the middle bit very well as it’s hidden by the towbar.

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

The reflectors are less than £25 new from TPS, and I only need the middle bit which is £11. Haven’t 100% decided to tint or not. Can’t see the middle bit very well as it’s hidden by the towbar.

ill go halves with you i only need the outer bits :biggrin:

• Like 1