Sasha’s Octavia vRS

48 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Hopefully they start pushing you from today though!

Pay and contract starts today, it involves going to special schools and environments with vulnerable children so they aren’t letting anyone new in right now. The whole team are off for at least a week so I’ll be using this time to get stuff done :)

23 minutes ago, endavrs said:

Nice ! Where did you get the oem camera from and did it come with the wiring/plugs ? 

Came from a member on here who didn’t want the trouble of fitting it and went aftermarket instead. You can get them on eBay but make sure that (like this one) the end of line calibration has been done. The kit that came with this comes with everything you need.

9 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Came from a member on here who didn’t want the trouble of fitting it and went aftermarket instead. You can get them on eBay but make sure that (like this one) the end of line calibration has been done. The kit that came with this comes with everything you need.

Deadly, ive the same radio as you so was hoping it would be plug and play with this camera set up

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Orig-VW-Seat-Skoda-Audi-5NA827566D-3V0827566-H-Rückfahrkamera-Set-with-Cable/283687965666?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

after coding and slight modification to boot handle.. did you have to remove much material from boot ? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

That’s the camera I’ve used. You do have to cut a lot of material out, old hole was 75x20mm and the new hole is 105x45mm.

Damn quite a bit alright! Will be nerving doing that to my car lol 

Did yoou put anything bar primer and paint on the surface after to prevent rust ? Ive heard on older Skoda's they rusted a lot on the boot handles previously

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cakemonster said:

When you approach the car with a screwdriver, does the interior trim automatically drop? 😆

Excellent work, as usual 👍

It was starting to get that way for real actually so I ordered loads of new clips a while back to make sure nothing started to drop off anyway but yeah I’m sure it starts to worry a little every time I come near it at this point 😂

• Haha 2

On 23/03/2020 at 21:58, SashaGrace said:

OEM Highline camera installed, this was a nerve wracking install as I had to cut the boot lid to make the larger handle fit. Pics in the daylight tomorrow :) 

Can the coding be done with OBD11?

• Like 1

a question regarding your springs, just with you having them for nearly 6 months.

How've you found them to be? Any issues with the drop in ride height? (Speed bumps, that sort of thing) Can you feel a noticeable different in the handling?

Only asking because I know you do like to 'drive' your car

Edited by tunedude
  • Like 1

Speed bumps are a bit of an issue with the splitter on the front but I’ve not scraped it yet. It’s a firm ride but the standard setup is hardly forgiving. It corners much flatter and feels much more planted. I love how it sits and no scrubbing even when fully loaded.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Speed bumps are a bit of an issue with the splitter on the front but I’ve not scraped it yet. It’s a firm ride but the standard setup is hardly forgiving. It corners much flatter and feels much more planted. I love how it sits and no scrubbing even when fully loaded.

That's good to hear. I'm still looking at getting mine lowered but I still that bit hesitant lower doing so because of the potential clearance issues. Certainly the worry I'm having is if it were lowered too much, it would prevent me from towing my bike trailer. That's why I was looking down the coilover route to have the ability to have the rear lowered to where it would still be safe to tow.

I assume the 40mm drop on your car is only 25mm, with the 15mm drop our cars have already.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tunedude said:

That's good to hear. I'm still looking at getting mine lowered but I still that bit hesitant lower doing so because of the potential clearance issues. Certainly the worry I'm having is if it were lowered too much, it would prevent me from towing my bike trailer. That's why I was looking down the coilover route to have the ability to have the rear lowered to where it would still be safe to tow.

I assume the 40mm drop on your car is only 25mm, with the 15mm drop our cars have already.

Ideally what you want is an uprated spring that is standard ride height. That way you would keep the comfort as the piston would still have its full stroke rather than a reduced stroke with lowering springs. Thats how you get the jittery ride as it has no movement. However no one makes them off the shelf. I always look at BTCC cars as they have massive movement in the suspension and thet are not rock hard like most people would think. I lowered my last Octy with Eibach but was always scared of speed humps. I am leaving mine well alone as for a standard car it handles well. Just keep it balanced through the corners and the car will handle just fine. Probably not on the track as that is a different drving style to advanced driving. But my car will never see a track.

Plus most of my money now goes on funding my 14 month old daughters none stop growth.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...