Sasha’s Octavia vRS

Hi Sasha! 

How width are your rims? 8,5?

What ET? 

Dimension on tires? 235/35? 

How many inch/mm lowering? 

And do you use spacers? 

Sorry for many questions but want to know if my new rims will fit my car. 

Edited by Obalaan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Obalaan said:

Thanx! 

Mine is 8,5x19 ET48 so it will be tight but will maybe work without spacers in the front 😯

But i love Audi speedline split so i hope it works! 

I had Audi RS6 alloys on my Vrs245 (2017) which were 8.5J x 19 fitted with 235/35R19 tyres and no problem on the standard suspension and didn't need spacers as the extra 1" width of the wheels filled out the arches nicely anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

I had Audi RS6 alloys on my Vrs245 (2017) which were 8.5J x 19 fitted with 235/35R19 tyres and no problem on the standard suspension and didn't need spacers as the extra 1" width of the wheels filled out the arches nicely anyway.

Thanx! 

Good info 👍🏾

Have pics? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

What ET by the way? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Obalaan said:

What ET by the way? 

Yeah on page 5 of MK3 Octavia then go down to Octavia 245 owners section and check out page 14 a few photo's on my Black Magic 245 from August 2018. Enjoy you can see from the rear shot how they fill out the arches and no rubbing when parking either.

• Like 1

@SashaGrace - Do you have any information about the install of the rear view camera? Been thinking of buying one myself to try and mount it on my car. 

Im just not sure how to properly install it as im not sure how the cables go.. and where they go? :-) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wilner said:

@SashaGrace - Do you have any information about the install of the rear view camera? Been thinking of buying one myself to try and mount it on my car. 

Im just not sure how to properly install it as im not sure how the cables go.. and where they go? 🙂

Also @SashaGrace - How did u install the wireless carplay dongle so you still have the USB socket free?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wilner said:

Im just not sure how to properly install it as im not sure how the cables go.. and where they go? 🙂

Best thread for a how to is Trust2k’s below

Though the wiring is slightly different on the Highline cameras. There are some extra wires to go to the radio and the coding is slightly different, very easy to do.

1 hour ago, Wilner said:

Also @SashaGrace - How did u install the wireless carplay dongle so you still have the USB socket free?

I made a USB charge only socket with a kit from Amazon and the case for the MIB1 USB socket and I cut the insulation off the Amazon USB and glued it into the MIB1 USB case.

FE95583E-7C47-428F-B80F-9BBDCE8E1B6A.thumb.jpeg.c3266256c934654828d6e3e052fd3df8.jpeg

90BBECF3-1623-4735-9794-28E063791C17.thumb.jpeg.f5c4b5d3fa8c330e20eb54cff6e8b7aa.jpeg

Then the CarPlay dongle is installed in the factory USB which is unclipped and it’s all taped down behind the trim so no rattles.

@SashaGrace Thanks! Just ordered the Rear view camera and the carplay dongle! Time to see if i can mount it all as im hoping i can :-) How hard was it to remove the whole "USB" plastic panel? The panel you just sent a picture off. Also i was wondering if you had any pictures of the install process of the wireless charging pad? Im kinda debating just getting a "normal" 12v wireless charging pad and just throwing it down in the small space under the usb socket?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wilner said:

@SashaGrace Thanks! Just ordered the Rear view camera and the carplay dongle! Time to see if i can mount it all as im hoping i can 🙂 How hard was it to remove the whole "USB" plastic panel? The panel you just sent a picture off. Also i was wondering if you had any pictures of the install process of the wireless charging pad? Im kinda debating just getting a "normal" 12v wireless charging pad and just throwing it down in the small space under the usb socket?

@SashaGrace The questions keep on coming... Hope you dont mind. Have you have read or thought of "speeding up" the radio "OS" ? I mean like swapping out a normal Mechanical harddrive for an SSD to make it all go faster! Sometimes i think it takes soooo long for the Mirror link to boot up when i start the car... Was wondering if it was possible to do anything?

• Like 1

On 24/03/2020 at 09:01, SashaGrace said:

That’s the camera I’ve used. You do have to cut a lot of material out, old hole was 75x20mm and the new hole is 105x45mm.

I stupidly assumed that the OEM handle and camera would fit in the same size hole, to say Skoda costs in producing two different boot lids.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wilner said:

@SashaGrace The questions keep on coming... Hope you dont mind. Have you have read or thought of "speeding up" the radio "OS" ? I mean like swapping out a normal Mechanical harddrive for an SSD to make it all go faster! Sometimes i think it takes soooo long for the Mirror link to boot up when i start the car... Was wondering if it was possible to do anything?

I read somewhere on this site that the Columbus head unit features a PATA interface HDD, which is the akin to the old IDE interface, unfortunately not a SATA interface. With the slower interface I doubt it would make much difference moving to an SSD. Also the other bottleneck could be the processing power of the CPU which may not be able to utilise a faster access speed of the storage media. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wilner said:

@SashaGrace Thanks! Just ordered the Rear view camera and the carplay dongle! Time to see if i can mount it all as im hoping i can 🙂 How hard was it to remove the whole "USB" plastic panel? The panel you just sent a picture off. Also i was wondering if you had any pictures of the install process of the wireless charging pad? Im kinda debating just getting a "normal" 12v wireless charging pad and just throwing it down in the small space under the usb socket?

Remove the radio screen and pull the climate panel out and then you can push this piece down and pull it out. Clips are tight but it’s not too hard. Installing the Qi charger involves cutting the console so if you don’t want to do that consider an inbay wireless charger, no cutting and it looks factory.

I’ve not looked into modding the radios beyond what Skoda offer too much at this point.

4 hours ago, Pjfamilyguy1 said:

I stupidly assumed that the OEM handle and camera would fit in the same size hole, to say Skoda costs in producing two different boot lids.

It was a model year switchover that bought them all to 112x48mm handles so pre MY16 the handles are smaller.

• Like 1

@SashaGrace The camera arrived today! I ordered the one from eBay you linked earlier... But im a little bit curious.. on the wires coming from the camera and to the radio.. I got the black and white which goes into the blue plug.. all good! But i also got a red wire and 2 orange wires that im not sure where to put? Didnt you mention you have the same Highline model in your? Looking for some inspiration!

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I'm looking into the retrofit of the highline camera - I'm pleased to see the info here, thanks.

One question, probably a stupid one (?), the camera has a wash pipe - does this connect to the rear wiper hose? I've reviewed the install instructions for the RVC but there is no mention of the wash pipe?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wangarai said:

I'm looking into the retrofit of the highline camera - I'm pleased to see the info here, thanks.

One question, probably a stupid one (?), the camera has a wash pipe - does this connect to the rear wiper hose? I've reviewed the install instructions for the RVC but there is no mention of the wash pipe?

Yes, you take a T off the rear wiper wash feed.

Ideally you want the following:

Pipe end connector x4 5J0955871A

Rubber elbow x1 5E9971829A (easier than squeezing loom through existing elbow)

Pipe Y piece x1 1J0955873D

Washer pipe x1 1J0955751D

Edited by wg100
  • Like 2

On 27/03/2020 at 14:14, SashaGrace said:

5NA827566D but make sure the calibration is done for an Octavia in the correct bodystyle.

If you find the camera isn't working, (i.e you cannot program it, as I did 😤) someone with Vag Can Pro (VCP) can upload the correct parameter file.

Edited by wg100
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, wg100 said:

If you find the camera isn't calibrated (as I did 😤) someone with Vag Can Pro (VCP) can upload the correct parameter file.

I’m not sure mine has been done right, it says no basic settings and the parallel park mode doesn’t work correctly, you’d never get a car in the space if you followed the instructions it gives but the rest of it works.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I’m not sure mine has been done right, it says no basic settings and the parallel park mode doesn’t work correctly, you’d never get a car in the space if you followed the instructions it gives but the rest of it works.

Mine also has no basic settings. It will need to be calibrated with the calibration board in order for that to be cleared. It works fine with the moving lines despite this. Maybe try sweet talking the Skoda garage you're friendly with...

Mine had no coding whatsoever when I tried to install it.

Just re-read my post. Calibrated isn't the right word. I've edited it.

Edited by wg100
  • Like 1

Thanks @wg100 & @SashaGrace for your advice. I'm now not so sure I want to go for the highline - the main attraction was that it was pre-calibrated (according to the eBay link posted earlier in the thread) and also the wash jet function.

I have a camera (well two actually, I thought the cut-out/handle for my car (a 15 plate) would be the same as Sasha's, but it's the larger cut-out/ handle) from AliExpress and may go down the lowline route (and no washer).

• Like 1