VAG-COM Software tweaks

FabFabFabia

7 minutes ago, FabFabFabia said:

Great videos! Thanks for sharing - did you also do the audible lock/unlock sound? Would it be possible to post a quick video of this in action so I can hear if it sounds a beep, or the horn, and how many times? Thanks very much.

Sure no worries, will be heading out in a bit so can do it then.

1 hour ago, skaif said:

As requested, quick video showing audible locks and unlocks sounds. 

https://youtu.be/-od_DEIe1HE

Audio isn't that great but hopefully you can make out the chirps!

Excellent! Many thanks for going to the trouble of doing this video. I just wish you lived in the West Midlands so I could impose on you to tweak my Karoq as well!

53 minutes ago, Panther_uk said:

Bugger :crying:

Carista doesn't like my OBD II device and says it's malfunctioning (although works fine in sons Fabia 1 with Torque Lite) :wall:

Ah that sucks, I know they can be tempermental but I haven't had any issues with my ebay dongle! 

32 minutes ago, FabFabFabia said:

Excellent! Many thanks for going to the trouble of doing this video. I just wish you lived in the West Midlands so I could impose on you to tweak my Karoq as well!

No worries, I have family in Brum so if I'm ever in the area I will give you a shout! 

If anyone local wants a play around with coding then get in touch. 

15 hours ago, skaif said:

Ah that sucks, I know they can be tempermental but I haven't had any issues with my ebay dongle! 

No worries, I have family in Brum so if I'm ever in the area I will give you a shout! 

If anyone local wants a play around with coding then get in touch. 

Midlands also :)

So OBEleven has arrived! Straight away got into the mix (after backing up modules) I have managed to activate the fan blower level in auto for the climate control. Coming home lights are all active, trying to sort out rear DRL now...! Its quite interesting B)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skaif said:

So OBEleven has arrived! Straight away got into the mix (after backing up modules) I have managed to activate the fan blower level in auto for the climate control. Coming home lights are all active, trying to sort out rear DRL now...! Its quite interesting B)

Tempted to get obdeleven myself. Did you go for the pro pack and where did you find the 10% code?

Thanks

5 hours ago, skaif said:

were the coming home lights and DRL not already active when you took delivery ???

Yeah got the pro pack. 10% off was randomly spotted on a fb add. I guess targeted ads worked out in this case! Was a one time only code. 

Regarding ch lights, I tried with all of them lit up like a Christmas tree but looked a bit tacky. 

Rear drl are not active by default. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I would like shutoff (w/ OBDeleven or VCDS) the start/stop function of my Karoq.

The known procedure with changing / increasing the voltage does'nt work.

Can anybody provide a information?

• 4 months later...
On 28/06/2018 at 06:53, skaif said:

Did you manage to get rear drl working?

On the Yeti (2013) the beep turned on and off on the Beep using the multifunction display. Karoq does not do but haven't seen need to try and turn on. Turned Yeti off as often left home very early in morning and the beep was quite intrusive.

35 minutes ago, Grumpy Geaser said:

On the Yeti (2013) the beep turned on and off on the Beep using the multifunction display. Karoq does not do but haven't seen need to try and turn on. Turned Yeti off as often left home very early in morning and the beep was quite intrusive.

After tweaking, I can manage the beeps over infotainment system. But I dont know how it is done by software. I let them activated to a car electronic shop worker via VCDS.

1 hour ago, FabFabFabia said:

irfant - how can you activate the lock/unlock beeps on the Karoq's multifunction display? My UK model doesn't have this option I don't think.

At first, you need to activate this option by tweaking with VCDS / OBDII software. Then it appears on the MFD.

• Like 1

On 07/12/2018 at 20:01, FabFabFabia said:

irfant - how can you activate the lock/unlock beeps on the Karoq's multifunction display? My UK model doesn't have this option I don't think.

EC3BCE90-BE2A-484D-8DEC-5E0FB62DFDC0.jpeg

irfant - I don't have this option on my UK Karoq Edition DSG 1.5 Petrol so maybe it's been disabled for the UK or not applicable to my top-spec model.

Do any Edition owners have this function?

Edited by FabFabFabia

41 minutes ago, westie38 said:

No, not here, not even the option to close windows in the rain, and it has been known to rain at bit in the UK...

image.thumb.png.7aac11a8c331bd1d22455da01cac7323.png

Before tweaking by VCDS my screen was the same as above. Rain closing is also coded, car does not have sunroof, but it is working for door windows

The local car electronics shop offers such a package to tweak, all done by VCDS (some functions not applicable for Karoq):

Sorry for the Google translation  :) 

Product Specifications:

1. Needle sweep
  2. Warning sound when locking the doors with the remote control ( buzzer sounds on vehicles with original alarm ) ( Horn on vehicles without alarm )
  3. Coming Home function to be automatic ( normally a selector must be discarded )
  4. Coming home and leaving home functions from fog lights
  5. On the front road computer, the vehicle should be added to the vehicle in liters of liters (in Turkish translation "additional fuel" is written as)
  6. Daytime running lights can be switched on and off via MFD
  7. Up to 4 times the short signal given when changing lanes (supporting modules)
  8. Right mirror tilt when reversing
  9. Display of the operating intensity of the air conditioner when the air conditioning panel is in the "Auto" position
  10. In the rear parks when the headlight switch is in the "0" or "Auto" position during the day
  11. American park of signals (if the vehicle cannot pass the inspection if this feature is on)
  12. Activating fog in corners
  13. Automatic shut-off if there is any glass left open after the vehicle has been locked (in highline vehicles )
  14. The fog lights also flash on high beam
  15. XDS  -  Electronic differential lock activated and improved vehicle stability (in June 2013 and later models)
  16. All rear lights are illuminated when the brake is applied (currently only external stops are lit)
  17. Indication of backlighting of the signals in the rear trunk when the signal is given (Example: In the case of Led Stop Vehicles as an outside stop after an interior stop)
  18. Synchronous flashing of the front led headlamps with the signal when signaling
  19.  NEW - The sunroof can be switched off and on with the remote control (only the sunroof is opened and not fully opened)
  20. NEW  - The yellow color of the dial changes on vehicles with an Active Info Display.
  21. NEW  - For vehicles with an Active Display Display, the speed of the dial is changed to 280km / h or 320km / h and the display changes. 

5 minutes ago, westie38 said:

Did you lose anything from standard when you did the coding, or is the Interior Monitoring further up the menu, as it looks like you have a side bar now?

Nothing get lost. My car does not have alarm, that's why interior monitoring is absent in the menu