VAG-COM Software tweaks

FabFabFabia

5 hours ago, FabFabFabia said:

Has anyone adjusted the air conditioning power to make the cabin cooler in the summer? Does this effectively lower the temperature a notch? The Karoq's aircon is not as cold as my previous Fabia was.

I've changed this also, just need to wait for summer to try it out. 

31 minutes ago, LBFS said:

I've changed this also, just need to wait for summer to try it out. 

Can you feel a difference in the temperature? Or does it just increase the fan speed?

Sorry I am a bit new to this side of it, but would like to add some extra stuff like you guys have done. 

Whats the best equipment to use and best apps? 

Also so does anyone know if something like traffic jam assist could also be activated? Haven’t seen it mentioned but not sure what it requires? 

On 16/03/2019 at 14:39, FabFabFabia said:

Can you feel a difference in the temperature? Or does it just increase the fan speed?

To be honest, neither at the moment. I'll report back come summer time! 

15 minutes ago, MarcusKaroq said:

Sorry I am a bit new to this side of it, but would like to add some extra stuff like you guys have done. 

Whats the best equipment to use and best apps? 

Also so does anyone know if something like traffic jam assist could also be activated? Haven’t seen it mentioned but not sure what it requires? 

I bought an obdeleven - a dongle which connects to the diagnostic port in the car and is connected by Bluetooth to my phone. There's an app which then makes it possible to view error codes and make changes to the coding in the car. If you do some online research for obdeleven or carista you'll find the most popular devices which connect to your mobile.

To answer other question - you can only enable traffic jam assist if you have adaptive cruise control and a DSG gearbox. I'm pretty sure that if you have ACC you have traffic jam assist though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LBFS said:

I bought an obdeleven - a dongle which connects to the diagnostic port in the car and is connected by Bluetooth to my phone. There's an app which then makes it possible to view error codes and make changes to the coding in the car. If you do some online research for obdeleven or carista you'll find the most popular devices which connect to your mobile.

To answer other question - you can only enable traffic jam assist if you have adaptive cruise control and a DSG gearbox. I'm pretty sure that if you have ACC you have traffic jam assist though. 

Okay thank you, what is the cost like? Good value? 

Okay I can’t even remember if mine came with ACC, I would of thought that ACC is able to be activated too? I know mine has the auto braking which if I’m right uses the same sensors? 

12 minutes ago, MarcusKaroq said:

Okay thank you, what is the cost like? Good value? 

Okay I can’t even remember if mine came with ACC, I would of thought that ACC is able to be activated too? I know mine has the auto braking which if I’m right uses the same sensors? 

The obdeleven and Pro activation (used for coding) was £60.

If you have a separate stalk for your cruise control as opposed to buttons on your indicator stalk, you have ACC. 

On 07/02/2019 at 05:04, irfant said:

Not tested the coding.

PS: Rain closing works fine. Tested on rainy day, also water sprayed from a bottlle triggers closing...

What was the coding and adaptation you did.

I tried to active according to what I posted, when I actived on a Golf 7, but it does not work. The option is active on infotainment, but nothing happens.

1 hour ago, RedleH said:

What was the coding and adaptation you did.

I tried to active according to what I posted, when I actived on a Golf 7, but it does not work. The option is active on infotainment, but nothing happens.

Coding was done as follows. Same cars but with different control moduls (BCM). That's why all codes won't work on all Karoqs.

Select STG 09 (vehicle power)

STG Access Permission -> Function 16

Enter unlock code 31347

STG adjustment -> function 10

(15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off)

Adjust Value on active

p9PvRr.png

(16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type)

Adjust value on permanent

0LDbqZ.png

( 26 ) veya (28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) –

Set to Active (enables the menu in the ifotainment screen)

Select RLS (rain and light sensor) - STG

Byte 0

Enable bit 1

Enable Bit 2

MWJ9yM.png

1 hour ago, irfant said:

Coding was done as follows. Same cars but with different control moduls (BCM). That's why all codes won't work on all Karoqs.

Enter unlock code 31347

(15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off)

Adjust Value on active

p9PvRr.png

(16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type)

Adjust value on permanent

0LDbqZ.png

( 26 ) veya (28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) –

Set to Active (enables the menu in the ifotainment screen)

Select RLS (rain and light sensor) - STG

Byte 0

Enable bit 1

Enable Bit 2

MWJ9yM.png

Can you check your RLS, if it is RLHS our RLFS?

Your steps are the same as mine.

Thanks for the help!

On 28/03/2019 at 08:05, Petr28316 said:

Hi,please coding for Traffic Jam Assist.

Thankyou

What I have but not tested yet is.

Enable Traffic Information (TMC) on Headunit

Enter unlock code 31347

Search - fee

based traffic information (TMC)

Original value - 32768

Change to one of this, and conform wish one works - 1024 / 1537

Save

I do suggest for you to test each code for 2 our more days.

Hi having trouble with long coding for Traffic sign recognition, my son came down from Scotland and managed to get Active beam assist working, but could not enable Traffic sign recognition he got through 75%  then it was missing final bytes! my car is a MY19 so it seems things have changed from MY18 any one had success with a MY19 model?

3 hours ago, WilWord said:

Hi having trouble with long coding for Traffic sign recognition, my son came down from Scotland and managed to get Active beam assist working, but could not enable Traffic sign recognition he got through 75%  then it was missing final bytes! my car is a MY19 so it seems things have changed from MY18 any one had success with a MY19 model?

I've only tried two simple things (with a new V2 cable) on my MY19 vehicle and failed on both counts........'coding not supported in this variant' on needle sweep / staging & 'coding not available' when trying to activate rear lights as DRL.

I think you are right WilWord, the 19's are somewhat different.

Edited by Berisford

On 29/03/2019 at 13:47, Berisford said:

I've only tried two simple things (with a new V2 cable) on my MY19 vehicle and failed on both counts........'coding not supported in this variant' on needle sweep / staging & 'coding not available' when trying to activate rear lights as DRL.

Mine has been long coding  + some Apps with OBDELEVEN, managed to get rear lights as DRL, but OBDELEVEN forum is very quite on Skoda Karoq.

• Thanks 1

Hi, would anyone be so kind as to spend just 5 mins doing a basic 'dummies guide' to getting started with this - or point me to one if it already exists?
Finding it just a tad confusing as to what is needed and/or best to purchase.
Seems to be a variety of options, from using a basic bluetooth ODB2 dongle from eBay with the Carista app to using the OBDeleven dongle and VCDS software.... but I've also seen mention of a cable ?
I don't wish to spend a fortune but then again find taking too cheap an option to be limiting in the future.
I have a Android phone, iPad and Windows 10 laptop that can be used for the purpose.

Any and all guidance gratefully received.:thumbup:

Edited by Karoq-N-Roll

On 29/03/2019 at 13:47, Berisford said:

Not had a problem on ANY Karoq to date.

Is it a genuine V2 cable?

On 11/02/2019 at 07:53, Tezaman said:

Today I did a proper restart on MIB by holding the button 10secs.

And the slider come alive !!!!   I can dim the footwell lighhts as ambient lights while driving..!

The only thing now that I have to enable it's the graphics on the MIB that shows the intensity of the footwell light

IMG_20190211_094908.jpg

Do you have this option active:

IDE09732-ENG114629-Interior light: light configuration-Foot well lighting,installed ,5

Edited by RedleH

Hi All,

I'm on the verge of placing an order for a new Karoq SE L 1.5 TSI Manual with:

• Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Traffic Sign Recognition

I understand the traffic sign recognition is the cheapest way to get the A5 camera behind the rear view mirror, which then enables me to program the following with VCDS:

• Lane Assist
  • Traffic Jam Assist (unsure if this is Automatic gearboxes only?)
  • Smart Light Assist (High Beam Assist)/Active Beam Assist ( if this is all the same thing?)

Is the above statement correct?

Also, what are some must have options to enable using VCDS? So far scanning through the thread it seems the above might be nice along with:

1. Lock/Unlock Beeps
  2. Turn off Seatbelt beeps
  3. Needle Sweep
  4. Near Side Mirror Dipping (on reverse same as offside)
  5. Auto Window Closing in Rain
  6. Offroad Information
  7. Enable Fan Level Display when in Auto Mode
  8. Refuel Quantity in Dashboard

Is there anything else, and are all the above possible with the TSR A5 camera and the 19 reg SE L?

Thanks

• Like 1

On 06/04/2019 at 01:37, kerbero5 said:

Hi All,

I'm on the verge of placing an order for a new Karoq SE L 1.5 TSI Manual with:

• Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Traffic Sign Recognition

I understand the traffic sign recognition is the cheapest way to get the A5 camera behind the rear view mirror, which then enables me to program the following with VCDS:

• Lane Assist
  • Traffic Jam Assist (unsure if this is Automatic gearboxes only?)
  • Smart Light Assist (High Beam Assist)/Active Beam Assist ( if this is all the same thing?)

Is the above statement correct?

Also, what are some must have options to enable using VCDS? So far scanning through the thread it seems the above might be nice along with:

1. Lock/Unlock Beeps
  2. Turn off Seatbelt beeps
  3. Needle Sweep
  4. Near Side Mirror Dipping (on reverse same as offside)
  5. Auto Window Closing in Rain
  6. Offroad Information
  7. Enable Fan Level Display when in Auto Mode
  8. Refuel Quantity in Dashboard

Is there anything else, and are all the above possible with the TSR A5 camera and the 19 reg SE L?

Thanks

buy the car and we will talk about it

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/02/2019 at 09:15, EmyKaroq said:

Lane assist attivato 

IMG_20190209_141746_008.jpg

IMG-20190209-WA0022.jpeg

IMG-20190209-WA0020.jpeg

Can you please post procedure for lane assist activation that worked for you?

Regards