Installing Speed Cameras on The Amundsen MIB2 - Free Database and Quite Simple to Do!

11 hours ago, Rayhan said:

Can I have it please. Any chance to give me the file please 

I don't understand your comment. The files are already attached to my post and available for download.

3 hours ago, rudeboy1971 said:

Anyone tried to test it on seat? Pls assist....

As this is a Skoda forum I doubt very much if anyone has tested it in a Seat car. Saying that, Seat and Skoda are sister companies so it all depends on the make and model of your Infotainment system. My compilations are prepared for the Amundsen MIB2 which is the one that I own. They will also work on most MIB2 Columbus units as well. If your unit is the same make then they may work. You can try them yourself. It shouldn't cause any harm because if the files are not compatible then the unit will not recognise them. 

• Like 1

Picked up my new (2018) Karoq today and updated as per instructions, cheers Bigade1 simple enough.  Updated my Mib2 to 2021 data too.

I do have a lifetime sub to Pocketgpsworld so may have a go at compiling my own as their data is very up to date.   Can re-share as they will ban me, they track the data somehow.

Just now, Blisteringblue said:

Picked up my new (2018) Karoq today and updated as per instructions, cheers Bigade1 simple enough.  Updated my Mib2 to 2021 data too.

I do have a lifetime sub to Pocketgpsworld so may have a go at compiling my own as their data is very up to date.   Can re-share as they will ban me, they track the data somehow.

Lol, can't re- share :crying:

• Like 1

Thanks from me as well. :clap: It only took only a couple of minutes to install them.  I used to subscribe to PocketGPSworld, but in recent years it's been a pain to convert them into a usable format, so I recently let the subscription lapse.

On 22/05/2021 at 16:09, Rizmod said:

Thanks from me as well. :clap: It only took only a couple of minutes to install them.  I used to subscribe to PocketGPSworld, but in recent years it's been a pain to convert them into a usable format, so I recently let the subscription lapse.

Found quite a simple process with POIbase.   Instructions attached if interested.   Cost about 5 Euros to unlock the plus version but working fine.   Although the instructions said for Columbus Unit worked fine for my Amundsen MIB2.  Just select VW Discover Media / Skoda Amundsen.

POIbase - Pocketgpsworld.pdf

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In practice, there's plenty of warning given for speed cameras, and they are often in the expected places, like the bottom of hills and on long straights.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2021 at 02:15, bigade1 said:

Latest Updated Speedcams - June, 2021.

Here's the latest update of my customised version of EUR Speedcams ( June, 2021). They consist of the full EUROPE speed cameras which I've split up into four consolidated poi categories i.e. Fixed Speedcams, Average Speedcams, Variable Speedcams and Redlight Speedcams. They come supplied with my own preferred personal choice of icons, shown below, to match each of the categories. Remember to Install them as I explained in the first post in this thread i.e. after extracting the zip file remember to open the newly extracted folder and place only the PersonalPOI folder and metainfo2.txt file onto your sd card ( Please Note: a usb stick will not work! ). Also, please remember to select/tick the relevant newly added poi categories and the poi audible warning alert in your infotainment map menu settings after performing the update or they will not display on your map or audibly alert you. Hope you all enjoy them!

2002628576_EURedlightSpeedcam.png.a65a555fcd9d2d25f9d50c853bf7c270.png 553530988_EUFixedSpeedcam.png.a730e71f2483b5b5d8f1d3ed5ed3012b.png    838584675_EUAverageSpeedcam.png.8c08cc1b44468f54e7c9f7dcdf08b507.png   912793780_EUVariableSpeedcam.png.9bf05d1e28a585fb58ac84caadb674b1.png

EUR Speedcams June, 2021.zip 4.59 MB · 48 downloads

Thanks but which one should i choose for an 5Q0035864C?

MIB2 with MIB2HIGH sub folder or MIB2STD

image.png.b780673f672013f91451dea0160be1f5.png

MIB2:

image.png.dbe11b75fe584c71b9bd1d1db886b93b.png

MIB2HIGH:

image.png.1d7406948b768794af134768ec25bb8f.png

MIB2STD:

image.png.cd381417395da2fd4dba4ba0abf03db1.png

@Thygesen

You've opened the extracted folder but there's no need to do that. If you put the complete folder and metainfo.txt file onto your sd card your infotainment unit will then process it and select the correct files providing your unit is compatible with the software that I use to compile the files. It should still work though if you only place the files shown in your last image i.e. MIB2STD onto your sd card because that's the ones for your model number.

• Like 1

On 08/07/2021 at 10:21, bigade1 said:

@Thygesen

You've opened the extracted folder but there's no need to do that. If you put the complete folder and metainfo.txt file onto your sd card your infotainment unit will then process it and select the correct files providing your unit is compatible with the software that I use to compile the files. It should still work though if you only place the files shown in your last image i.e. MIB2STD onto your sd card because that's the ones for your model number.

Thanks it works much appreciated 😊 Have a nice weekend, and good luck with the game tomorrow. All the best from 🇩🇰 

Just downloaded the file and uploaded it into my car, all seems good, many thanks bigade1. I didn't think about putting my music onto the SD card, I've been using the USB slot for it, so that'll free up it for plugging the phone into :biggrin:

Hello guys

I tried the whole process as it was described by bigade1 (unzipped  to sd card with the folder+text file on it) ive inserted into the sd card slot.

Here is the result

Error: no available data. Pls insert insert correct media source what is suitable for sw update....etc

Pls help

Thanks

20210711_002019.jpg

2 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

BRILLIANT @bigade1

Years ago I bought your 1st 2017 database file off eBay, so I hope it was from you and not some other bugger ripping you off.

Thanks for the latest update.

Unfortunately you must have been ripped off. I didn't compile my first database until February, 2018 which is when I purchased my Skoda Octavia. I have never put my database on eBay and I would never do so. It's totally against my principles. I get my database from another forum for free and I would never make money off someone else's generosity. I just take the time out to adjust them and recompile them for the MIB2 Skoda/VW infotainment units. I don't post them elsewhere. I only offer them on this forum and they are absolutely free to the members who want to use them. I would never ask for any payment or a donation of any kind and I will continue to do so as long as possible. I do have an eBay account but I only buy items. As far as I can remember I have only sold 1 item and that was about ten years ago. It was a second hand heater motor for a Vauxhall Vectra - my previous car. My actual eBay username is Biggerade1 as I think the name bigade1 had already been taken. I appreciate you pointing this out to me but it's definitely not me. Thanks though.     

• Like 2

Oh well. I really appreciate your work compiling it.

The missus got lost yesterday, so that inspired me find out how to do a (free:wink:) MIB2 update to the newest maps (mine were 5 years old), and whilst looking that up I found your thread too.:thumbup: