1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

39 minutes ago, Ducked said:

I can't  understand either why it works on some and not on others.

Had a call from Skoda UK yesterday the update has been released to fix the kangaroo on startup.

This is the last chance saloon then it goes back if no change.

Mine is definitely better since the update but it hasn’t totally cured it so far.  I was advised it would take up to 600 miles to be fully effective. I’m sceptical but can’t do any more until that mileage has been done. Problem is I only do 250 miles a month. 

Apparently some Audi customers have been advised of a "proven fix". Are they also told they need to do 600 miles for the so called proven fix to be effective?

I have got the 9834 update for my Kodiaq 1.5TSI DSG7 yesterday. Engine runs and gas response is much better. The 600 miles is needed the adapt to your way of driving. Al the values the software gathered before the update are (or should have been) removed.

I will report my findings here in the coming week(s).

Edited by BramBam

1 hour ago, AMC150 said:

Mine is definitely better since the update but it hasn’t totally cured it so far.  I was advised it would take up to 600 miles to be fully effective. I’m sceptical but can’t do any more until that mileage has been done. Problem is I only do 250 miles a month. 

So what’s still happening at the moment?

3 minutes ago, tigermad said:

So what’s still happening at the moment?

The engine dying when moving off isn’t as bad as it was before the update. Still there but not as pronounced. Hopefully the “running in” period will eradicate it completely.

How much “rpm” you have after update?

On my car it is 900rpm on idling without A/C. 

Before update it was the same, but I think is too much. Or it Ok for 1.5?!

On 22/08/2019 at 16:49, rayx said:

TPI was up to date at the moment of its release, see table of currently available updates 😉 For 05E906018AL is already version 9692 available, but dealers will wait for TPI update ...

I have an Octavia with 05E906018AL Engine Control Unit.

What does "dealers will wait for TPI update" means?

If I go to workshop they cannot update my car or they can do the update but if they search it the system the TPI says there is not update available at the moment?

So the update and the TPI how to depend each other?

My MY18 Octavia was updated today.  Its behaviour was never as bad/dangerous as some Karoq owners have found, but it was unpredictable and annoying.  I was seriously thinking of changing the car if a fix didn't arrive soon.

For those who want the details, these are the relevant extracts from the OBDeleven report:

Before Update:
01 Engine 
System description: R4 1.5l TFS 
Software number: 05E906018A 
Software version: 6019
Hardware number: 05E907309 
Hardware version: H22 
ODX name: EV_ECM15TFS01105E906018A 
ODX version: 003009 
Long coding: 011900322324010800000000000000000000000000000000 
Trouble codes: 
No trouble codes found 

After Update:
01 Engine 
System description: R4 1.5l TFS 
Software number: 05E906018BH 
Software version: 9622 
Hardware number: 05E907309 
Hardware version: H22 
ODX name: EV_ECM15TFS01105E906018BH 
ODX version: 003002 
Long coding: 011900322324010800000000000000000000000000000000 
Trouble codes: 
No trouble codes found 

I've only had the 20 mile drive home on a mix of nose-to-tail queues and fast A roads.  The initial impression was that the first gear take up is much smoother,  though I did feel that at times the engine was giving me more RPM than I wanted when my foot was off the pedal.  Anyway, I am touching wood.

On 25/07/2019 at 21:33, leckman said:

Add the Seat Arona to the list as well.

The 1.5 EVO engine is now available to order for the Leon and Arona,is this the new ‘fixed’ engine we are hearing about?.

Obviously what was in the Golf GTE, Passat GTE and the Hybrid Audi A3 has had to have some 'updating' as their C02 figures pre WLTP were Implausible / Irregular or as some might say, questionable as to how they were achieved in the Testing Establishments.

They are little cheaters really as they still drink petrol at quite a rate. But VW will get away with kidology for a while longer, maybe just the UK Chancellor & Secretary of state for Transport will not be fooled into letting them away with being Green.

Odd that such a great car never stayed in production at the time this was filmed and just kept evolving right up to this date.

VW said waiting list was growing so had to stop taking orders, odd they stopped production for a very good spell.

Edited by Roottootemoot

If the issues continue in the vehicles with the issues and a car in a country with 2 year warranties or ones with 3 the owners will surely have the law on their side.

VW Group will not just get to leave lemons out there on the market this time.

'The Robert the Bruce' VW behaviour will not work out well this time.

They are producing cars with 1.5 TSI EVO's that are fault free, they will need to offer owners of Lemons a fit for purpose car.

See a lawyer.

Screenshot 2019-08-24 at 18.04.16 (1) (1).jpg

Edited by Roottootemoot

9 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

We've had our Karoq 19 months on Monday and glad it's off to a new owner soon hope they don't have to wait as long to get it fixed.:sadsmile:

Does the new owner know about the problem?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, tigermad said:

Does the new owner know about the problem?

Dealer seemed to be excited to get it in stock as he was taking pictures before we had signed the dotted line for it's replacement. Don't get me wrong it's a good car and sure they will have it on the forecourt at somewhere around £18,995 but the kangaroo lurch in 1st gear annoys me every time I drive it so they have the problem now not me, sounds cynical but they have the opportunity to carry out the software fix before it goes on sale to the public but will they bother?:thinking:

Anyone buying one privately with cash money or finance might not have done much research or might happen to know what resolves the issues and can pick up 'much cheapness' cars.

It must be getting to where Dealerships will have issues getting used ones shifted and traders become aware of dodgy ones in the trade that VW Group punt off to auction.

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Dealer seemed to be excited to get it in stock as he was taking pictures before we had signed the dotted line for it's replacement. Don't get me wrong it's a good car and sure they will have it on the forecourt at somewhere around £18,995 but the kangaroo lurch in 1st gear annoys me every time I drive it so they have the problem now not me, sounds cynical but they have the opportunity to carry out the software fix before it goes on sale to the public but will they bother?:thinking:

It peeves me that dealers are having cars back as faulty and reselling them. Isn’t this against the law if they don’t tell the new owners it’s got a problem?

• Like 1