Paddle wheel retrofit to L&K

Just fitted mine, works a treat, fastest upgrade ever, no coding, just all the warning lights on after reconnecting the battery, quick whizz round the block, switch off and back on and all cleared! also fitted the Paddle extensions from ebay!

20180607_161957.jpg

6 hours ago, The Skud said:

Just fitted mine, works a treat, fastest upgrade ever, no coding, just all the warning lights on after reconnecting the battery, quick whizz round the block, switch off and back on and all cleared! also fitted the Paddle extensions from ebay!

20180607_161957.jpg

I am ordering a new wheel soon to get this done to my L&K, are those extensions pretty solid feeling when you change gear? Do you have a link please? I keep coming across those pinalloy ones which look brill but far too much money/hassle imo

Cheers

3 minutes ago, drewellis said:

I am ordering a new wheel soon to get this done to my L&K, are those extensions pretty solid feeling when you change gear? Do you have a link please? I keep coming across those pinalloy ones which look brill but far too much money/hassle imo

Cheers

I am selling a wheel with paddles and extensions from an L&K if of interest. Great condition, used only for a few thousand miles

45 minutes ago, superbtte said:

I am selling a wheel with paddles and extensions from an L&K if of interest. Great condition, used only for a few thousand miles

Pm'd :-)

looks like you are sorted with the extensions then! for anyone else looking, these are the ones I fitted, rock solid connection between the actual buttons and the extensions with super stick 3M tape.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Paddle-Shift-Extension-DSG-VW-Golf-5-Golf-6-MK5-MK6-GTI-R32-R-R20-Aluminum/202221323079?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• 10 months later...
On 27/03/2018 at 05:37, Brimma said:

I've had my L&K for over a year now, and love it to bits, but I've always been a bit disappointed that it didn't have paddles on the steering wheel for the DSG, so after a hunt on eBay I sourced one from a 1000km Superb in Germany, and got it delivered for 159 Eu

I didn't want a vRS flat-bottom, so it is literally a paddle version of my own wheel

Yesterday I finally got around to having a go at fitting it myself, after the usual contact with my dealer said it couldn't be done

I did it by the book, using a scredriver at the back of the wheel to release the airbag, then disconnecting the battery and waiting about 20 minutes before removing it, then a M12 spline bit on the nut to remove the wheel itself

Lining the wheel up was pretty straightforward, as there are marks on the wheel and the spindle to assist

Then plug the airbag back in, reconnect the battery, and the job's done, no coding required

If I can do it, anyone can :)

20180326_130515.jpg

20180306_215651.jpg

Hello All!

I'm new in this forum and I'm happy to be there.

I bouht a Superb 2.0 TSI272 L&K with 7 speed DSG. The year of the poduction is 2019 and it's came without DSG shift paddle wheel.

It is very important to change the steering wheel to a DSG paddle one, but I don't know is it possibe to change and which serial number is fit to my car....

Can somebody help me?

Thank you. 

Hello All!

I'm new in this forum and I'm happy to be there.

I bouht a Superb 2.0 TSI272 L&K with 7 speed DSG. The year of the poduction is 2019 and it's came without DSG shift paddle wheel.

It is very important to change the steering wheel to a DSG paddle one, but I don't know is it possibe to change and which serial number is fit to my car....

Can somebody help me?

Thank you. 

On 08/05/2019 at 12:21, szollosiaki said:

Can somebody HELP M!? :/ Please!

Hi - just make sure you fine one with the same buttons as yours, and then it should be a straight swap. Mine didn't require any alterations with VCDS, the paddles worked fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, szollosiaki said:

Could you please send me the steering wheel number? I can't see in the pictures.

Thak you! :) 

This one shows the part number - just search German ebay to see if there are any others

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163419567565

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, szollosiaki said:

Could you please send me the steering wheel number? I can't see in the pictures.

Thak you! :) 

They will all fit, I fitted mine in 2015 when they were only available from an Octavia vRS, I did swap the buttons over though (2 minute job). 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Brimma said:

Hi - just make sure you fine one with the same buttons as yours, and then it should be a straight swap. Mine didn't require any alterations with VCDS, the paddles worked fine.

Thanks for your help. :)

I ordered and I hope it will be good... 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Origi-Steering-Wheel-DSG-Black-Leather-Multifunk-Skoda-Superb-Kodiaq/163419567565?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I'll give you a feedback.

Thanks 

• Thanks 1

On 18/05/2018 at 21:06, Rizmod said:

I recently got a 2017 L&K 220 from Skoda stock but without paddle shifters.  Living out in the country with lots of windy roads, the DSG either selects too high a gear or, if in Sport mode, is too revy. Based on your posts, I bought a used steering wheel with shifters and did a straight swap, with no coding necessary.  The German dealer accepted a bid at 140 Euro + postage and I fitted it tonight.  The condition is as new.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4712.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XOrig.+Lederlenkrad+MFL+Schaltwippen+Skoda+Superb+DSG+Lenkrad+Leder+3V0419091S.TRS0&_nkw=Orig.+Lederlenkrad+MFL+Schaltwippen+Skoda+Superb+DSG+Lenkrad+Leder+3V0419091S&_sacat=0

i've never fitted any upgrade easier in my motoring life.

Together with the Motorsport 034 dogbone bush and Racechip XLR pedal box, it's like having my previous vRS back.  Just now I had a big grin on my face on the backroads!!:biggrin:

Ordered one for our car, here's hoping it dosent take too long to arrive, and that it works!

• Like 1

mines arrived, took a few extra days.

is it an easy job to remove the old one and fit the new, or is it best left to someone who knows which end to hold the hammer by?

15 hours ago, Pessimal said:

mines arrived, took a few extra days.

is it an easy job to remove the old one and fit the new, or is it best left to someone who knows which end to hold the hammer by?

I tried removing the airbag by following the service manual but could not release the plastic hooks. Looked at the new steering wheel. There is a metal clip which you can bend towards the centre of the wheel with a screwdriver.  Airbag came of easily. 

• 4 months later...
On 27/03/2018 at 05:37, Brimma said:

I've had my L&K for over a year now, and love it to bits, but I've always been a bit disappointed that it didn't have paddles on the steering wheel for the DSG, so after a hunt on eBay I sourced one from a 1000km Superb in Germany, and got it delivered for 159 Eu

I didn't want a vRS flat-bottom, so it is literally a paddle version of my own wheel

Yesterday I finally got around to having a go at fitting it myself, after the usual contact with my dealer said it couldn't be done

I did it by the book, using a scredriver at the back of the wheel to release the airbag, then disconnecting the battery and waiting about 20 minutes before removing it, then a M12 spline bit on the nut to remove the wheel itself

Lining the wheel up was pretty straightforward, as there are marks on the wheel and the spindle to assist

Then plug the airbag back in, reconnect the battery, and the job's done, no coding required

If I can do it, anyone can :)

20180326_130515.jpg

20180306_215651.jpg

Hi. Do you know what is the oem code/number for this steering wheel? Or does it exist with flat bottom version? Does the Octavia and the Superb steering wheel have any size or installation differences?

• 8 months later...

I'm thinking of purchasing a paddle shift wheel with heater element. Is the airbag identical between the variants or do I have to purchase a new airbag? How about the center piece which transfers the electrical connections to the wheel, which is the correct part? Any part numbers?

Does anyone have part numbers for the clock spring mechanism? Any additional wirings for the heated wheel or changing completely to a different wiring?

I think, with a heated steering wheel you also need a new airco panel. The steering wheel wiring needs to connect to that panel. I looked into it once, but concluded it was a too high investment. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, guys.

Do you happen to know if the paddle shifters can be added to the heated steering wheel, in the same way? Or do they need coding?

The car is a '18 Superb Sportline 280.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys, I'm also new in the forum. Recently I bought Superb L&K 2.0 TDI 190 HP 4x4, 2019 MY. I chose already produced car and wasn't able to configure it with paddles. As it is L&K I also have heated steering wheel. And I suffer a lot because of missing shifting paddles.

Please, can someone confirm, if I buy heated steering wheel with paddles, will be possible to retrofit it without codding?

Thank you in advance.

• 3 months later...
On 28/06/2020 at 16:49, ChrisCh said:

I think you'll need a new clock spring mechanism (in the steering column), in addition to the new wheel with heated element. I think the airbag itself will be standard across both heated and non heated variants.

You are correct, I just swapped mine for a heated version, airbag was same, however the new wheel has an extra wire for heating, and the 'clock spring' black round plastic bit on the hub that houses the connector for the airbag doesn't cater for it. Let me dive into etka 8.3 and find out what the correct part is, and then I guess I also have to figure out what retrofit wiring I need to run from the hub to (the aircon panel?) 

IMG_20210406_181125.jpg

Edited by AlVal